Pool Party

AN: thank you so much @LifeAndDeath9 for all the ideas!
-Talented_trash

"Why are these shorts so weird," Virgil questioned as he exited his bedroom. "They're swim trunks." Virgil looked down at his galaxy shorts and frowned. "What does that even mean?" Roman rolled his eyes and tightened the string on his crown shorts. "It mean you wear them, because you swim genius," He deadpanned as he took off his shirt. "What..are you doing?" Roman exhaled and shook his head. "Just come on Vee."
"Are we ready to go kiddos?"
"Yeah!" Virgil followed Roman out the door and frowned. "Roman, put your shirt on right now," Logan commanded as he locked the door behind all of them. "But dad, my gorgeous body must be-"
"Put...your shirt on." Patton giggled and got into the passenger seat. "Come on guys, we're gonna be late." Virgil and Roman both clambered into the backseat and Roman pulled his gray T-shirt over his head. "Where are we going?" Logan got into the drivers seat and started the car. "You'll see." Roman pouted slightly and Virgil smirked. "How disappointing." Roman smirked and pulled a stray thread from his shirt. "Totally disappointing." Patton plugged his phone into the aux chord and smiled. "Time for some Disney!"

...............

"Uncle Thomas!" Roman unbuckled his seat belt and frantically waved out the window. "Who?" Logan parked their car behind a small blue Jeep and chuckled. "This is your honorary uncle Thomas. He's really nice Virgil, you don't have to worry about a thing," Patton explained as he unbuckled. "But you do have to worry about Picani."
"About who now?" Roman jumped out of the car and squealed. "Thomas!" A tall man with brown hair and brown eyes opened his arms and laughed. "Roman! How's my favorite prince?" Roman hugged Thomas's torso tightly and chuckled. "I'm fantastic as always." Virgil got out of the car and pulled on Logan's sleeve. "Father," he whispered. "Who's Picani?" Logan smiled and picked Virgil up. "He's your 'cousin,'. And pretty much the whole reason why we adopted Roman was because Thomas adopted him and inspired us to adopt as well." Virgil nodded and slid out of Logan's arms. "Logan! How's my favorite nerd?" Logan rolled his eyes but smiled. "Whatever Thomas. Nerds are going to rule the world one day," he joked as he gave Thomas a quick hug. "Sure they are." Thomas looked down and Virgil and his smile grew wider. "And who's this?" Virgil hid behind Logan's leg and cautiously waved at Thomas. "You must be Virgil..I'm Thomas." Virgil stepped out and smiled. "I like your shirt," Virgil complimented as he observed the nightmare before Christmas shirt. "Ah, thanks kiddo. I'm sure you'll want to hang out with Roman and Picani while me and your dads chat huh?" Virgil nodded and followed thomas inside the house. "Ok, down the hall to the left there's a glass door and outside of the Glassdoor there's a pool." Virgil tilted his head and looked up at Thomas. "What?" What's a pool? Why are they out at whatever this pool is? "N-Nothing. I just uh..." Virgil turned and went down the hallway as Logan explained to Thomas that he was just a little anxious.

"Last one in's a rotten egg!" Roman took off his shirt again and plunged into the freezing water. "Hey that's no fair," an adorable kid that seemed to be the same age as Roman complained as he placed his glasses on a table. "Cannon-..who are you?" Virgil flinched away and looked down at the ground. "I like your eyeshadow," Picani complimented. "Oh uh..t-thanks. I'm Virgil." The boy ran and jumped into the pool. When he surfaced he wiped his hair out of his face and smiled. "I'm Picani." Roman splashed water at Virgil and Virgil groaned. "Come on Vee, get on in."
"In?"
"Yeah you know, in the pool." Virgil shook his head and sat down on the cement near the pool. "I'm good." I don't know how the heck to swim dumby. "Ok. I have to go to the bathroom," Roman lied as he pulled himself out of the pool. Virgil closed his eyes and laid down when suddenly a pair of arms wrapped around his torso. "Time for a swim Vee," Roman laughed as he got closer to the edge of the pool. "R-Roman! Roman no please! Rom!" Virgil was thrown into the water with a huge splash! Virgil's arms flailed around wildly as his brain struggled to find a solution. Roman jumped in next to him and stayed under water for a while before pulling up. "Oh Roman," Picani warned as the bubbles stopped rising. Virgil's lungs burned as his arms stopped moving. "Picani help me!" Roman dove under the water and grabbed under Virgil's arm. Picani grabbed his other arm and both of them kicked their legs to pull the younger child to the top.

...............

"Roman! Why did you do that?!" Tears fell down Virgil's face as he coughed up water. "I'm sorry. I didn't know." Logan continued to stroke Virgil's back and comfort him. "I'm sorry Virgil." Virgil clung to Logan's shirt and coughed again. "It's..it's okay princey. Maybe instead of throwing me you could help me." Romans' eyes lit up. "Ya mean it?" Virgil stood up and nodded. "As long as fathers ok with it." Logan nodded and smiled. "I have to be there just in case though."

...............

"Three two one!" Virgil and Roman jumped into the water at the same time and smiled at each other underwater. When they surfaced Picani splashed water in both of their faces. "You're a fast learner Vee." Virgil laughed and splashed Roman. "I have a good teacher when he's not trying to kill me." Roman rolled his eyes and went back underwater. I have a great older brother.