Logan & Patton

"And finally, Patton Sanders in this desk and Logan Sanders in this desk," the teacher pointed to two small tables at the back of the classroom and then moved so the boys could get to their seats. A boy with curly light brown hair, ocean blue eyes, and a big goofy smile grabbed his backpack and moved over to his seat. He sat down and squinted at the board, cursing his horrific eyesight. The other boy, Logan, was the polar opposite of Patton. Dark straight hair, chocolate brown eyes framed by dark "nerdy" glasses and a dark blue polo shirt complimented by a black tie. "Alright. Welcome to art." Patton took out a blue notebook with pictures of his little brother and his best friends from elementary school in a collage. I have to change those pictures, he thought as he opened the empty notebook. "Today, I just want you to draw. Do whatever you want so I can see your level of talent. Ready set go." Patton snuck a glance at the boy beside him and smiled. He had a computer out and was smiling slightly. "Digital art huh," Patton questioned, attempting to start conversation. "No. References," the intelligent looking boy responded as he began to type rather quickly. "Oh. Still cool." Patton looked down at the blank paper and hummed thoughtfully. He didn't know what to do yet and needed to find inspiration. He pulled out his phone at the same time that Logan was pulling out a plain, black notebook. "What did you reference?" Logan turned towards Patton and briefly smiled. "I am referencing a landscape. I'm better at realism and nature." Patton gasped and unlocked his phone. "Realism is so cool! I wish I could do it, but it always looks like trash." Logan shrugged and opened the notebook. "It takes a lot of time and patience." Patton opened his camera roll and clicked on an album titled 'references'. "What is your style?" Patton giggled and put his phone down so he could look at Logan. "I do more cartoony drawings of people and animals." Logan nodded and reached into his backpack for a pencil. "Well, I should get started on the assignment." Patton chuckled and put his phone away. He decided he would use the reference sitting next to him.

...............

"Alright, class is almost over. I'd like you to turn to a partner and share your art." Patton blushed as he finished shading the left frame of a pair of nerdy glasses. "I didn't get much done," Logan sighed and rubbed his eyes, "but here." Patton took the notebook as Logan offered it to him, and his jaw literally dropped. "Logan! This is amazing," Patton exclaimed as he looked at the tiny details in the trees and the soft lines used to create the gently flowing water. "It's not my best."
"Not your best?! What is your best then?" A faint blush tinted Logan's face as he cleared his throat. "Thank you Patton. It means a lot." Patton felt his heart rate speed up as he handed the notebook back to its talented owner. "What did you draw?" Patton grabbed his own notebook with a shaky hand and held it out. "It's not as good as yours or good at all but-"
"I love it." Patton gave Logan a shocked, confused look before he looked down again. "Thank you Logan. It's not great though." Logan shrugged and examined the drawing again. "It isn't technical or anything like that. But it is good. And it has a certain charm about it," Logan declared while he handed back the notebook. "Who's on the cover?"
"Oh! That was my younger brother Micah, and they," Patton paused as he looked at Layla and Leo. "They're no one." Logan nodded, knowing not to push the seemingly emotional boy. "Patton, would you like to hang out with me?" Patton looked up from the pictures and flashed a fake smile. "Of course Logan!"

...............

"You're new, aren't you," Logan questioned as he pulled a brown lunch bag from his locker. "Yeah, stuff happened and I had to move here." Logan nodded. He liked Patton, the way he smiled, his confident aura and the mysterious yet childish way he spoke. Little did Logan know Patton liked him just as much. The way he didn't smile but you could tell he was happy because of the way his eyes lit up, the way he didn't talk in a demeaning way even though it would be justified and the calm way he acted. "I would've known you already if you weren't new," Logan declared nonchalantly before he could stop himself. Patton giggled and ran his hand through his messy curls. "Golly. Thanks Logan." Logan nodded and closed his locker. "I uh...I sit in the library." Patton had to stop himself from laughing. Of course Logan sat in the library. "Sounds awesome." They talked for the next 40 minutes about their lives. Both of them lied about things that were too sensitive to say to someone who was practically a stranger. Patton told the stories behind all 12 of his friendship bracelets. Logan told Patton stories about him and his older sister Nancy. By the time lunch was over, both of their faces hurt from smiling and their sides hurt from laughing.

AN: Hey guys! I know this one's short(I'm sorry). I'm also sorry I haven't been posting as often(school sucks). But there are going to be more of young Patton & young Logan stories coming up so be prepared. Thank you for reading! PS the fan-art isn't mine(I wish I could draw).
-Talented_trash