One Year Anniversary

AN: i'm sorry @what-is-innocence i wanted to write your story idea, but i'm not in the mood for angst right now so uh..i kinda made it fluffy. i'll write the angst one soon, i promise. please don't hate me

-Talented_trash

"Heya Vee," Remy whispered into the phone as he stepped out of his room into the living room.

"Hey Rem." Virgil opened his window allowing the chilly winter breeze to flow into his stuffy room .

"You know in a couple minutes it'll be our one year anniversary right?" Virgil sat down on his windowsill and brushed his long purple bangs out of his face.

"Yes I do. But I feel like it should be more like a ten year anniversary ya know?" Remy snorted quietly and carefully tip-toed past his parents room and down the stair.

"I know...Has it really been ten years?"

"Yup, that night I broke my ankle I knew we were gonna be more than friends. We were six. Now we're sixteen." Remy let out a low whistle and tried to open the front door as silently as possible.

"So much has happened in this house." Virgil allowed his legs to fall limply to the ground with a quiet thud and caught himself expertly. A silence fell between them, accented by the sound of a light rain falling from the sky.

"I know," Virgil finally agreed as he closed his eyes and allowed the rain to touch his bare skin.

"You know I'm taking you somewhere right?" Virgil leaned his head back and took in a deep breath.

"Because I love you and you deserve to be treated like royalty." Virgil scoffed and allowed his neck to slouch forward again.

"Well so do you." Remy sat down on the rocking swing on his porch and sighed contently.

"You know Vee, I'm..I'm so happy you made it." Virgil's nose crinkled and he slowly lowered himself into the slightly damp grass.  The cool air felt suddenly stiff around him. He knew what Remy was talking about. But he didn't want to know.

"Remy..Please don't bring up the past..Just..Just focus on right now okay?" Remy sighed and started to push the swing back and forth with his short, lanky legs.

"But without the past-"

"I would've been a lot better."

"Would we have met though," Remy asked accusingly as he pushed out of the swing and started pacing the porch. Virgil looked down at his own hand, the friendship bracelet that Remy had given him two weeks ago and the rubber band he snapped whenever he started to feel anxious.

"We would have." There was such confidence in the way he said it that Remy felt his heart start to beat faster.

"Confidence is really attractive Virgil. You should be like that more often." Virgil laughed and ran his hand through the wet blades of grass, tickling his palms and fingers.

"Virgil," Remy let out a deep exhale and chuckled. "Check the time my love." Virgil pulled the phone away from his ear, a large smile forming on his face.

"It's midnight."

"Happy one year babe." Virgil felt his heart pang in his chest in a good way. A way that was letting the rest of him know that all he wanted right now was to be with Remy in person. But the rest of him knew he had to wait until later that day.

//////////

"Here we are my prince," Remy called out joyously as he parked in the Red Robin parking lot.

"Wow, Red Robin. Real classy." Virgil unbuckled and Remy's heart sank a little.

"W-We can go somewhere else," he whispered shamefully as he unbuckled his own seat belt. He opened his door and closed it gently behind him, his head hung low and his ego bruised.

"Rem, Rem dear. Come back to reality. I'm not disappointed." A light kiss on the cheek pulled Remy from his thoughts and brought him back down to earth.

"You're not?" Virgil chuckled and wrapped his thin arms around Remy's shoulders.

"You know I'm not." Remy also chuckled and placed his long, slim fingers on Virgil's defined hips.

"I do." They reluctantly parted and chose to hold hands instead as they walked through the parking lot towards the restaurant. They swung their hands playfully between them and discussed their days. It was a Saturday, so neither of them had done much but homework. Virgil had practiced some piano. Remy had taken a nap. Virgil had drawn and watched youtube. Remy had watched youtube, then taken another nap.

"I think you sleep too much," Virgil joked as he stepped forward and held the door open for Remy.

"No. I'm just nocturnal. Sleep during the day, stay awake pondering my very existence at night." Virgil snorted and covered his mouth with his free hand, his cheeks flushed with embarrassment.

"That was cute." Remy placed a kiss on Virgil's forehead as he walked through the door and Virgil quickly trailed behind him.

"No it wasn't. Forget it ever happened okay?"

"Done." They clasped hands again and Remy guided them towards the hostess.

"Hi, what can I do for you today sir," she asked politely while throwing a quick glance in Virgil's direction.

"I'd like a table for two please." The woman smiled politely and grabbed two menus from the podium she was standing at.

"Follow me please."

//////////

"I still can't believe you spilled your drink on that waiter," Virgil giggled as he and Remy stepped out into the brisk nighttime air.

"Okay, she scared me. I was just sitting there minding my own business and she walked up and greeted us with way too much enthusiasm." Virgil laughed loudly and Remy shoved his shoulder playfully.

"At least I don't recite my order over and over and then practice saying it to my date." Virgil scoffed and shoved Remy back.

"i can't help it! I was freaking out you jerk." Remy wrapped his arm around Virgil's back and gently pulled them back together. Their hips and shoulders meshing perfectly.

"I know dear." When they got to the car Virgil turned to face Remy, a nervous smile puling at all his features in an uncomfortable fashion.

"Is everything o-" Remy was interrupted by Virgil pulling his face to his own and their warms lips collided. Remy kissed back immediately, naturally even. It was a short kiss, but one that was filled with love and warmth. As Remy pulled away, he was breathless and his eyes were still closed.

"Why," he asked delicatly as he opened his eyes and noticed that while the smile was still nervous, the rest of Virgil's features were now more relaxed.

"Because..Because confidence is attractive..A-And," Virgil cleared his throat and looked down at the ground. "And so are you," he whispered so low that Remy could barely hear.

"Virgil..You're just too cute for your own good."

AN: yaaaay..it's trash. sorry

-Talented_trash