Setback Part 3

AN: dang it's been a while since part 2, but thank you so much @Kawaii_alpaca6 for this suggestion. i hope it meets your expectations, alright, here y'all go

"L-Logan," Virgil mumbled as he pried open his sleepy eyelids. He could tell he was on pain killers. His brain felt fuzzy and his tongue was heavy, almost useless in his mouth. "Logan." Virgil pushed himself up as he looked around the pristine hospital room.

"I'm here Verge..I'm here." Virgil groaned and leaned back again, the scratchy blanket falling to the side of him.

"How long?"

"About a day." Virgil nodded and closed his eyes again.

"Roman?"

"At home for now. But he came and stayed with me for a couple hours yesterday." Virgil flinched and grabbed his hand, feeling the hard cold surface of the cast. The pain killers were wearing off.

"How long?"

"Four months at least...Virgil.." Virgil felt his heart rate pick up and frowned. Logan noticed the instant change, and decided to push the subject he was going to bring up away. "Roman brought you some clothes. I figured you would like to change before we leave." Virgil sighed in relief and opened his eyes.

"What do you mean Father? Stupid, scratchy hospital gowns are my new look." Logan laughed weakly and frowned. "What Father?"

"I'm just..I'm thinking of the first night we saw you." Virgil looked down and despite the tension in his chest, he smiled. Roman had already elegantly signed his name on the purple cast. "I can't believe how long it's been."

"Sometimes, during the first year I would wake up and think you guys were a dream." Logan stood up and began stroking Virgil's hair.

"Patton..Your Dad would like to see you."

"Is..Is he h-here?"

"Yes.." Virgil took a deep breath and nodded.

"I-I want to see him too." Logan smiled softly and kissed Virgil's forehead.

"I'll get him."

///

"Knock Knock," Patton whispered nervously as he pushed open the door. He didn't hear a response, but still continued to walk into the room. "Verge?" Virgil lifted his eyes from his book and slowly removed his large headphones from over his ears. "Hey. Hi kiddo."

"H-Hey Dad." Virgil closed his eyes and frowned. "S-Say something," he whispered while closing his book.

"What?"

"Just...Just talk. Please." Patton pulled one of the hard chair over to the side of the bed and sat down.

"I can do that kiddo. Lets see. What should we talk about though?" Virgil shrugged and kept his eyes closed tight.

"I just need your voice." Suddenly Patton understood.

"Verge, it's me. I promise it's me. Patton. Your dad who loves you so much and wishes this never happened." Virgil bit his lip in attempt to stop a sob and opened his eyes.

"He.." his voice was weak and broke, "he looked just like you Dad." Patton slowly held his hand out and Virgil wearily did the same. Their thumbs wrapped around each others hands, and they both chuckled.

"It's me kiddo...How are you feeling?" Virgil shrugged and put his hand down again.

"I feel like the meds have worn off," he joked as he looked down at his cast. "Which kinda sucks..But I'm glad. I'm glad you're here Dad." Patton smiled and gently ruffled Virgil's bangs. "Dad," he groaned, drawing out the 'a' and pushing Patton's hand away. "I'm gonna walk out of here looking like a mess." Patton laughed and cupped Virgil's cheek in his hand, smiling wider than he knew was possible when Virgil leaned into the touch and closed his eyes.

"I'm glad I came too kiddo." Patton looked down at the cast and the scraps littered all over his face and his heart flooded with a bittersweet feeling. Although he never wanted this to happen, he knew it could've been much worse. And he was just glad his son came out with minimal injuries and still trusted him. "I'm..I'm proud of you Vee." Virgil pulled away and frowned.

"Why? He beat the crap out of me." Patton giggled and shook his head.

"Not for anything you physically did. But for how much progress you've made." Virgil nodded and glanced down at his hands with a nervous chuckle.

"Yeah..I guess, once you have parents who actually care and love you, it's a lot easier to not be scared." Patton sighed in content and placed his hand on Virgil's thigh.

"I love you so much Virgil."

"I love you too Dad."

AN: sorry it's short, i just wanted to give it a really happy fluffy ending. hope it met your expectations. byeeeeee

-Talented_trash