Virgil? Are you okay?

Wow two stories in one day(you lucky ducks). This is a part 2 to monsters under my bed or whatever I named it. It's a little(really) angsty and it's kinda more focused around Virgil. So yee. Thanks for reading 

-Talented_trash

"Alright Roman, good night." Patton pulled the blankets over Roman and kissed his cheek. "Dad..can I talk to Roman really quick?" Patton looked at the doorway and smiled at Virgil who was wrapped in a fluffy purple blanket and Logan's math club sweater from high school like a nightgown. "Sure thing kiddo, but make it quick okay?" Virgil nodded and sat down on a beanbag by Romans bed. "Goodnight kiddos." Patton closed the door behind him and smiled. How did I get so lucky? "So, what's up," Roman questioned as he sat up in his own bed. "Just wondering what happened." Roman blushed a little and cleared his throat. "I uh..Thought there was a monster under my bed." Virgil nodded and shivered. "Are you cold?' Virgil nodded as he curled into a ball. "Well here." Roman got up and closed his bedroom window tightly. "better?" Virgil nodded again and stood up. Both of the boys sat back down on the bed awkwardly. "I used to be scared of monsters and the dark," Virgil whispered as he pulled on his hoodie sleeves. "How did you get over it," Roman questioned, hoping Virgil wouldn't notice that he was still a little scared. "I uh.." Roman grabbed his younger brothers hand and smiled. "You're okay." Virgil nodded and sighed. "I figured out that there was something scarier." Roman gave him a puzzled look, urging him to continue. "My parents." Roman nodded again and rubbed circles on Virgil's hand with his thumb. "Virgil..you've..you've never talked to me about your parents." Virgil nodded and let go of Romans hand. "Well I didn't come here to talk about me. I came here to help you." Roman smiled and crossed his legs. "Well I'm fine now. Monsters under the bed aren't real..But your monsters were." Virgil forced a laugh, trying to change the conversation. "You sound like Dad." Roman shrugged, "but have you even told Dad the full story?" Virgil looked down and quickly shook his head. "All they know is my parents were physically abusive and they tried to kill me-" Roman gasped. "T-They what?!" Virgil smiled and pulled on the sleeves of the sweater. "Yup. Father saved me...But since I haven't told them.." Virgil stood up and walked towards the door. "I'm not going to tell you." Roman was about to protest but Virgil interrupted. "It would break even the strongest adults heart..since you're fine now, I'm going back to my room." Roman nodded and laid down. "Well, goodnight then Virgil." Virgil opened the door and sniffled. "Good night Roman."