bullies

AN: sorry for updating so much today guys..i literally have nothing to do. thank you @gay_screeching for this idea..i hope it's good. here ya go

TW: physical violence, bullying and panic attacks, throwing up, usage of the word Damn

"Virgil! We're going to be late," Roman called up the stairs as he slung his backpack over one shoulder. "Dad's waiting in the car." Virgil looked in his mirror and sighed. He had already had a panic attack that morning and felt sick to his stomach. "Can you ask Dad if I can stay home," he yelled back as he sat down on the edge of his bed and tried to calm his breathing. "You can't miss the first day of hihg school Verge. It's gonna be great." Roman looked at his watch and ran up the stairs. "Virgil, come on." He pounded on his brothers door and Virgil quickly opened it. "Okay, okay..I'm coming," he mumbled as he grabbed his backpack from by the door. "Aren't you excited Verge? It's high school," Roman practically squealed as he ran to the stair banister and slid down it gracefully landing at the bottom. Virgil rolled his eyes at his dramatic brother and went down the stairs like a normal person. "I'm not sure if excited is the word I would use to describe it." Roman groaned and started tapping his foot impatiently. "You're just nervous, it's gonna be great."

"For you." When Virgil got to the bottom of the stairs he felt the anxiousness in his chest build again. "You're going to still hang out with me..right Ro?" Roman chuckled and wrapped his free arm around Virgil's shoulder. "That's what brothers do right? They stick together." Virgil smiled feebly and laughed. "It is what we do Ro..Beat ya to the car." With that the two boys raced out the door and down the front steps. Virgil got there a split second behind Roman and frowned. "Ha! You thought you could beat me," Roman declared triumphantly as he placed his hand on his heart. "Foolish brother you must have known you would not prevail." While Roman was gloating, Virgil got into the backseat and closed his door. He rolled down his window and smirked at Roman. "Winner has to close the door."

"You tricked me!" Patton laughed and also rolled down his window. "Well ya better hurry up if you don't wanna be late kiddo."

//////////

"Have a good day at school you too." Patton called out as both of the kids left the car. "I will!" Virgil smiled, trying to reassure himself and his Dad that today was going to be good. The first bell rang and Roman waved bye to their Dad. "Lets go Vee! High school here we come!" Together the brothers walked onto campus, Roman  smiling confidently, and Virgil picking his nails nervously. "Hey Roman," a boy with a spiky hair cut and plaid shirt called out from across the school yard. "What class do you have first?" Roman walked over to him, not noticing the fear in Virgil's eyes. "Hey Ryan, I have English first. How about you." Ryan cracked a charming smile and held his hand up for a high five. "Same." Virgil looked down at the ground and started to walk away. He didn't have English first, he had social studies. "Hey Vee, where are you going," Roman asked as he turned and saw his brother walking away. "He's probably going to find his friends ya know Roman," Ryan said as he turned Roman's shoulders away from Virgil and started leading him towards a large group of students. "Speaking of which, there are some people I want you to meet." Roman smiled and followed Ryan over to the loud group of students. "Most of them are on the football team and stuff..You're doing football right?" Roman shook his head and stepped out of Ryan's embrace. "Nah, I'm doing the musical instead. Auditions are tomorrow actually." Ryan sighed but forced a smile, "of course. Musicals. Oh well, it doesn't matter." They stepped into the group and the circle immediately got wider, allowing the two boys in. "Okay, that's Carter, James, Ethan, Jessica, Lilly," Ryan continued to go around the group, pointing at people and saying there names while Roman struggled to remember who was who. "Got it?"

"Of course." The second bell rang and the group started to separate, everyone going to their classes. "We have English with Ethan, Carter and Riley." Roman remembered Carter. He was the tall one with the blonde, skater-boy like hair. And Riley was the short girl with messy curls and a floral dress. But he couldn't remember Ethan. "Alright."

"You two are freshmen, aren't you," Riley asked as she walked up to the two of them and wrapped her finger in one of her curls. "Yeah. I'm Roman." He smiled and held out his hand, politely shaking before kissing it dramatically. "Damn, such a gentleman," she giggled.

"I try to be."

"And I'm Ryan."

"I know you, you're Tanner's little brother." She held out her hand to Ryan and he shook it roughly. "Jeez, calm down tiger..I TA in your English class." Roman smiled and two other boys joined them. He was assuming the tall one with the buzz cut was Ethan. "Alright, lets get to class already."

//////////

"Ya know Ryan I haven't seen Virgil all day..Do you think he's okay?" Roman asked as he pulled a peanut butter jelly sandwich out of his brown lunch bag. "Oh yeah. I saw him during break." Ryan shot a look across the table at Ethan and some other kid named Nick who was much bigger than any freshman should be. "We actually talked to him during break. He said he's been hanging out with some sophomore named Elliot." Nick covered a laugh by pretending to cough and Roman's eyebrow shot up in confusion. "Roman, you are so charming," Riley responded. Even though she was a sophomore, Roman had noticed that she had taken a liking to him. "Why thank you Riley." Roman didn't want to admit it, but he had taken a liking to Riley too.

During the break

"Hey Virgil," Ryan called out across the hall with Nick and Ethan by his sides. "Stay right where you are." Virgil couldn't move. He felt frozen to the spot where he was standing. As Ryan got closer, Virgil could feel his panic rising. "What's up loser, make any friends yet?"
"Please leave me alone this year," Virgil muttered as he looked down and tried to make himself smaller. "Why would I do that when I have so much fun messing with you?"

"Teacher coming around the corner," the bigger boy, Nick whispered in Ryan's ear. "Let's take this outside shall we?" The group started walking towards the exit and Virgil knew that there was no avoiding this. So he followed like a lamb. Innocent and scared. Once they were out there, they punched, taunted and kicked Virgil until he could barley breath. But he refused to cry. "What's the matter Virgil? Do you feel out of place here," Ethan taunted as he looked down and stepped on Virgil's exposed stomach. Virgil let out a pained groan and tried to push the foot off of his already heavy body. "We can help you with that." The next thing Virgil knew, his hands were grabbed and so were his feet. The two larger boys picked him up off the cold concrete and Virgil cried out in agony. "Oh shut up, we're trying to do you a favor." He screwed his eyes shut and bit his tongue to stop himself from screaming for help. "One," he was sung back and forth. "Two," another swing. "Three!" Virgil felt his body fly into the air and land on something hard, knocking the wind out of him. It smelled like old food and cardboard. "There you go Virgil. IN the trash..Where you belong." Virgil herd their footsteps get quieter and allowed a tear to fall down his cheek. "H-help," he whispered. There was no way anyone would hear him though. He refused to open his eyes and rolled onto his side, a sharp stabbing pain running through his body. "Oh my god someone help me!"

AN: i'm sorry for doing so many stories with several part recently too..but this will have a second part that might even be up by today. stay safe y'all

-Talented_trash