Use our Imaginations

"Roman! That's not the rules," Virgil complained as his brother took away his king. "Do you even know how to play chess?" Roman chuckled and shook his head. "I've never played this game before in my life." Virgil groaned and sarcastically face palmed. "Wanna play pretend instead?" Virgil started collecting his chess pieces and smirked. "Sure you go get it and I'll put away chess." Roman laughed and also collected his pieces. "You're great Vee. So what do you wanna play?" Virgil placed his pieces in the box along with the board. "I thought we were playing pretend." Roman gave his brother a confused look. "We are? But we need a category," he explained. "Well I thought you were going to go grab the game and then we could choose a category then." Roman took chess from Virgil and frowned. "What are you talking about?" Virgil took the box back and started walking towards the game closet. "what are you talking about Vee," Roman asked more desperately as he followed his younger brother. "What are you talking about," Virgil retaliated as he scanned the other games. "I don't see it." Roman groaned in confusion, "you don't see what?!" Virgil closed the closet and turned to face his brother. "Pretend. I don't see it in there, we must've gotten rid of it." Roman looked at his brother sadly. "It..It's not a board game Virgil. It's where you use your imagination to make a story. Logan and Patton used to play pretend with me all the time." Virgil frowned and tried to go to his room. "Wait, Vee.." Virgil turned around and looked at his brother. "Are you telling me that you have never played pretend?" Virgil looked down and shook his head. "What..what is pretend?" Roman smiled widely and grabbed Virgil's hand. "Okay, so basically you can be anything you want to be. Anything can happen," Roman explained as he pulled Virgil towards his own room. "We could be aliens or ninjas or princes or superheros or-"

"I get the picture, you have options. But what do you do." Roman giggled and opened his door. "Anything you want to. Here let's practice." Roman looked around his room and hummed thoughtfully. "OH," he snapped his fingers and pointed at his bed. "That is the top of the tallest mountain on earth," he explained as his imagination conjured up freezing wind and beautiful skies. "V-But it's not." Virgil looked at the messy bed and frowned. "And we've been climbing for months just so we could be the first people to make it to the top." Roman felt the need to jump to the bed then and there, but he needed to wait for his brother. "Don't ya see it Vee? Can't you feel the wind and the desperation to finally reach the top?" Virgil looked at the bed and took a deep breath. "Ok, I can do this. It's a mountain." Virgil closed his eyes, and when he opened them again, he was surrounding by snow and ice. "Roman! I did it! We're at the top of the mountain." Roman clapped his hands and cleared his throat. "Not yet, good friend. We still have a couple more feet." Virgil followed his brother when suddenly Roman shushed him. "What is it," Virgil questioned as he peaked over his brothers shoulder. "Polar bear," Roman replied dramatically. "Hold up," Virgil's imagination gave up on him as he returned to Romans room. "What? You were doing so good." Virgil crossed his arms and scoffed. "There is no way a polar bear would live at the top of a deserted mountain." Roman also scoffed and returned to his room. "We weren't at the top yet and now we'll never get to the top." Virgil rolled his eyes. "let's try again." 

"There you go Virgil!" Virgil was underwater in a submarine looking for the titanic. He was the brave archaeologist Virgil Sanders and his sidekick, Roman was talking to him over radio. "OK Virgil, you should be getting close." Virgil nodded and picked up his walkie talkie. "Thanks Roman." Virgil turned on his brights when something bumped into the side of his submarine. "Roman, I think something may be down here with me." There was the sound of typing and then Roman crying out. "Roman?!" Suddenly something grabbed Virgil and the real world returned. The dining table that was once a submarine came back and a chair knocked over. "We're getting attacked by sharks," Roman cried out through his laughter. Virgil felt fingers touching the bottom of his foot and noticed the hand had a watch. "Father?..What are you doing," he asked calmly as Logan continued to tickle him. "What? No fair," Logan pouted as he put Virgil down. "W-What?" Roman continued to squeal with laughter and Patton placed him down too. "What Logan?" Logan picked up the chair he knocked over and continued to pout. "You got the fun one, Virgil's not ticklish." Patton and Roman giggled. "Sorry Father," Virgil joked as he ran over and gave Roman a hug. "I Had so much fun," he whispered. Roman hugged back and smiled. "Me too." Patton made an aww noise and was about tot take a picture when Virgil started to tickle Roman. "Hey! No fair!" Soon enough all of them were ambushing each other trying to find Virgil's tickle spot. 

AN: Sorry, I know it's trash and I know it's short. I'm just trying to put out some content(lol). The next chapter will be better, I promise. Hope everyone is doing great! 

-Talented_trash