Setback(Part 2)

TW:  broken bone, mentions of blood, panic..yee all that fun stuff

Last time -

"Don't worry Verge I'm only 7 minutes away, I'll be there soon. Stay on the phone with me okay?"

"O-Okay."

7 Minutes Later

"Virgil?" Logan pulled into a seemingly empty parking lot faster than he ever would. His brakes screeched as he stopped the car and swung his door open. "Virgil where are you?!"

"O-Over h-here." Logan raced towards the sound, trying to stabilize his breathing. Virgil needed him to be calm, him panicking would not help and he knew it. Still, he was a nauseating mix of relieved and panicked once he could finally see his sons crumpled outline. "Okay, it's okay Vee. Father's here," he called out as he knelt down next to Virgil and wiped a tear from his cheek. "It's okay. I'm here." Logan couldn't see very well in the darkness, but he could hear that Virgil's breathing was more shallow and more uneven than his own. "Hey, you're gonna be okay kid." Virgil let out a small whimper and flinched at the word. "Can you stand up?"

"C-Can't move."

"Okay, is it okay if I carry you then? I think you're still small enough." Virgil slowly raised his head to look up at Logan and shook his head. "Okay. We can wait then..Until you're ready." Virgil nodded and placed his head back onto his knees. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"N-Not ye-yet." Logan nodded and scooted closer to his son, tears forming in his eyes. "Did...Did whoever it was hurt you?" Virgil nodded again and took his first deep breath since before the attack. "I th-think I'm ready," he whispered as he lifted his head again and tried to smile at Logan. It came out painfully forced and made Logan want to cry even more. "Okay..Alright let's get going then." Logan pushed himself off the ground before wiping the tears from his cheeks and turning to face Virgil. He had also already pushed himself up and Logan wanted to hug him as tightly as possible. Instead he turned and started walking towards the already running car. "Uh..I think my phone's busted," Virgil tried joking as he sped up to walk next to Logan. "It's fine, i'm sure insurance covers assault." Virgil looked down at the shattered phone, and then at his other wrist. He could feel it throbbing painfully and a warm substance had been flowing from it since he fell. It wasn't flowing as quickly now, and it was a slight improvement from the stabbing pains earlier. "F-Father...."

"Yes Vee." Virgil took a deep breath and walked over to the passenger side of the car. "I..I think my wrist is busted." Logan opened his door and slid into the drivers seat. "Busted as in..sprained or busted as in..."

"I think it's busted busted Father." Logan clicked on the lights in the car and watched Virgil get in. "Can I see it?" Virgil sat down and held out his wrist, not wanting to look at it. "Okay..Okay Verge. Don't-Don't look down okay?" Virgil nodded, and listened to his Father. Maybe it's bleeding, he thought as Logan turned off the lights and put the car into drive, and made a u-turn out of the parking lot. "I'm going to call Patton and tell him to meet us at the hospital, okay?"

"No! Don't-Don't c-call Pa-Patton! Don-Don't call hi-him please!" Logan stopped the car as Virgil moved his good hand up to his hair. "Virgil don't pull your hair," he whispered as he rubbed Virgil's shoulder soothingly. "Are you afraid he's going to be mad?" Virgil shook his head and took a long deep breath. "Are you scared he's going to be sad or his feelings are going to get hurt?"

"K-Kinda," Virgil replied as he let go of his hair and leaned back into his seat. "Would you like to explain?" Logan started driving again, pulling up the directions to the nearest hospital on his phone. "You got really lost kid-" Virgil flinched again and his eyes welled up with tears. Don't be stupid, Don't be stupid. "Virgil, what's wrong? Please talk to me."

"H-He looked like Patton..He kept calling me kid...He ruined everything," Virgil cried as he pounded his good hand on the dashboard. "Virgil, calm down. It wasn't Patton. I understand why you wouldn't want to see him right now. So, I'm going to have him stay home with Roman, but I'm still going to call him to tell him you're safe okay?" Virgil nodded and folded his long legs onto the seat. "Hey siri, call Honey."

"Calling Patton." The phone had barley rung once when Patton answered. "Is everything okay!? Please tell me he's okay Logan!"

"He's fine. His wrist is super busted and so is his phone. And we have another thing we need to discuss later."

"Is-Is that bad?" Logan glanced towards Virgil and frowned when he noticed Virgil was already asleep. "I don't know yet. I'll call you once Virgil's getting patched up and I'll tell you okay?"

"Shouldn't I come?" Logan sighed and carefully turned onto the main road. "I'm sorry my love. But no."

"Oh..Okay..I-I'll stay here then." With that Patton hung up. Logan could practically feel Patton crying right now. "Stupid idiot messing with my family," he whisper yelled as he turned again. Virgil mumbled in his sleep and rolled over, his wrist falling off the center glove box. "Oh my God," he cried out in agony as he woke up again, reaching to grab his wrist. "Virgil don't! You're going to damage your bone even more," Logan panicked as he stopped the car and turned to stop Virgil. "Why," Virgil cried. "Be-Because the bone's sticking out." Virgil looked down at his wrist and passed out, his head lolling to the side and back. Logan gunned it to the hospital.

//////////

"He'll be good to go home after the surgery Mr. Sanders. Just sign here please." Logan took a clipboard from a nurse, and knowing these papers by heart, he signed them without hesitation. "Any allergies to medicine?"

"Not that we know of." The nurse nodded and took the clipboard back. "Okay sir, go ahead and have a seat we'll-"

"May I step outside to make a quick call?" The nurse nodded and smiled politely. "We'll come and get you if anything happens." With that, Logan sped walked out of the room as calmly as he could. Dialing Patton as he did so. When he answered, Logan could tell he had been crying by the way he kept sniffling. "Hi Logy."

"Heya baby, how are you," Logan asked as he sat down on a bench outside. "Not too great. How's Virgil?" Logan sighed and ran his hair through his already messed up hair. "Not too great." It went silent and Patton sniffled again. "How're you doing dear?" Logan ran his hand through his hair again and sighed. "I," his voice broke and he quickly cleared it. "I'm fine..Fine honey."

"Logan, you-"

"Its my fault I shouldn't have let him walk. I should've given him a ride."

"Logan, dear don't put this on yourself. It was that mans fault not yours." Logan quickly blinked away hot tears and leaned back on the bench. "Speaking of that man..The reason why Virgil didn't want you here-"

"He's the one who didn't want me there?"

"Yes. But it's because the man who attacked him looked like you so he may be off when he's around you for a little bit." Patton let out a chocked sob and so did Logan. "I'm so sorry dear..M-Maybe," Logan cleared his throat, but the tension didn't release. "Maybe you should get some sleep Patt."

"Yeah, maybe..You'll call me when you're on your way home right?"

"Of course...I love you Honey."

"I love you too Dear."