Morphed Image Part 2

TW: eating disorder, self deprecation

Remy's POV

I pull into my normal parking spot 10 minutes earlier than I normally do and leave the keys in the ignition so that the heat will stay on. It's probably not even that cold outside, but I feel cold, I feel empty. I feel numb almost. I crank the dial on the old stereo system in the car and allow the bass from Caring is Creepy to pulse through my body. I allow my head to fall back on the leather headrest and mumble along to the song. "I think I'll go home and mull this over, before I cram it down my throat..At long last it's crashed, it's colossal mass has broken up into bits in my moat." I don't even make it to the second verse before my head goes blank and my vision goes dark.

///

Someone knocks on the window of my car and a wave of panic rushes through my body as I shoot off of the headrest and look at the person. Everything in me relaxes as I look into a pair of dark hazel eyes with dark black eye shadow smeared underneath it. "Unlock your car and let me in, Roman kicked me out of his truck and I'm freezing out here." I smile and unlock my car, laughing as he runs around the front and climbs into the passenger seat. "Ya know, all I did was say that he has the hots for some guy on the football team and all the sudden I'm not allowed in his truck. What an a-"

"Language."

"Aaaaamazing brother, geez get your mind out of the gutter my dear." I blush at the nickname and turn the music down so I can hear his voice better. "Hey, I love that song you jerk."

"Well, I like you so you can get over it." Virgil blushes and I internally do a happy dance. I love making him feel loved.

"Shut up and kiss me ya dork." I lean forward and our lips are about to collide when someone opens the back door on my side and groans.

"Oh my god get a room you too," Joan groans as they close the door behind them and adjust their beanie. "Like seriously, I'm in here just trying to tell you that we're ditching the beginning of first period because we already bribed our English teacher to not mark us tardy as long as we bring her starbucks."

"Yeah, so book it to your place Rem," Talyn joins in as the other door opens and closes with a loud slam.

"One don't slam my doors please. Two, we can't go to my place my parents left this morning for a business trip." Talyn and Joan groan in sync and Virgil breaks out into contagious laughter.

"You guys are just gonna have to get over it and go to English," I remark as I turn off the car.

"Come on Rem," Virgil persuades as he leans across the glove box and moves a stray strand of hair out of my eyes. "If she's not gonna mark us late anyways, why not get the coffee and just take a break?" I roll my eyes and turn the car back on as cheers ring through the car.

But all I can think about is the coffee. Sure, it'll wake me up. But it's also full of empty calories. I pull out of my parking spot and faintly hear Virgil tell everyone to buckle up. I can tell that my phone has been replaced by Virgil's on the aux cord but all I can think about is that fact that I'm already gaining weight. As I pull out of the parking lot and back onto the highway, I glance over at Virgil who bopping his head back and forth to some song I haven't heard before (I later learned it was a from a play called 21 Chump Street) and rapping along.

Why is he even with you?

I drive silently and try to focus on the road.

Why would someone so perfect ever want to date someone so disgusting?