Perfect

AN: sorry guys, this is gonna be angsty. I'm also sorry that my stories are kinda getting worse, I'm losing motivation. Ha see what I did there...ha ha..ok never mind
-Talented_trash
Virgil is 15 Roman is 17
TW: panic attack(?), depression, self hate

You're nothing
You'll never be as good as Roman
You're a disappointment
YOU ARE NOTHING
Virgil shook his head and cradled it in his hands. "I know..I know.."
they all hate you ya know?
Your parents, they're disappointed
Why are they disappointed Virgil?
Because you're not Roman
"Vee, Dad said he wants to talk to you," a voice from outside of his room informed. Virgil took a deep breath and wiped the tears from his cheeks. "O-okay. Tell him I'll be out in a second." Virgil looked in the mirror and quickly applied some foundation and new eyeshadow. He took a deep breath and looked at himself one more time.
Fat
Ugly
Stupid
Virgil looked away and took one more breath to steady his shaky hands.

"Hey Vee, do ya wanna help me make some cookies?" Virgil looked around the kitchen and shrugged. "Sure. What do you need help with?" Patton chuckled and turned on the oven. "Nothing specifically, I just feel like it's been so long since we've talked kiddo. I..I barley know you," there was a hint of sadness in his voice as he turned to face Virgil. "Oh..I uh...yeah. Yeah we can talk." Patton's face lit up again as he clapped his hands excitedly. "Great!! Can you grab the flour please?" Virgil nodded and reached into one of the cabinets. "What uh..what do ya wanna talk about?" Virgil placed the bag on the counter and Patton handed him a bowl and a measuring cup. "2 cups. Uh..I don't know. How's school?"
God it's awful
People make fun of me
Not a single day goes by where I don't get bullied
"It's really good, I've made some great friends," Virgil lied as he carefully measured the flour. "They're really good people." Patton chuckled and placed sugar and vanilla on the counter. "That's really good to hear kiddo." Patton and Virgil measured and poured ingredients into the bowl in content silence. "Uh..how..how's work?"
"It's good. It's..." Patton's face fell for a second. "Dad?" Patton sighed and looked at Virgil. "Virgil, why are you lying to us?" Virgil flinched away and tried to keep his breathing even. "What?" Patton grabbed his shoulder and lead him to the kitchen table. "Sit down Vee."
Oh my..no nope no whole lots of  nope
"W-why?" Patton's eyes were filled with tears. "I talked to Roman." Virgil's breathing sped up as he began to back away. "D-Dad I can explain." Patton sobbed and turned away from his son. "I-I just didn't want you to be worried."
"You could've just told me you were being bullied."
"Dad..I'm sorry." Patton sat down and placed his head in his hands. "I..Is there anything you need to tell me Virgil?"
He'll hate you
"No."
"Get out."
"What?" Patton stood up and pointed at the door. "Get out of our life!" Suddenly Patton stood up and struck Virgil.

-End Dream-

"Virgil, kiddo you're okay. Please wake up," Patton coed as he shook Virgil's shoulder. "D-Dad!" Virgil shot up in bed crying and covered in a cold sweat. "Vee. Kiddo, it's okay." Virgil flinched away and almost fell out of bed. "Virgil what's wrong?" Virgil's tears fell freely as he curled into a tight ball. "You hate me you hate me you hate me," he cried out as he pulled at his hair. "Wh-What? Kiddo you're not making any sense."
"I'm not Roman. I don't do anything I'm just a waste of space. A waste of time. A waste of-"
"Stop." Virgil continued to cry as Patton grabbed his hands and pulled them away from his hair. "Kiddo..I don't hate you. You're not a waste."
"I'm a waste of space," Virgil muttered as he placed his head on his knees. "Virgil I will physically fight you." Virgil cried even harder as he scooted away from Patton. "Hey..hey I was kidding. I'm sorry that was insensitive. I just...don't like you talking bad about yourself." Virgil looked up at Patton and wiped at his wet cheek. "W-why?" Patton chuckled and slowly joined Virgil on his bed. "Because I love you," he stated as he held out his arms for a hug. Despite his height(Virgil is the second tallest in the house Logan is the first) Virgil crawled into Patton's arms and cried onto his shoulder. "You're not Roman. You're right about that." Patton lifted Virgil's head and smiled down at him lovingly. "But you're Virgil Lee Sanders. You're our slightly nerdy kid, who loves music, will always put others before yourself...and...you're the strongest person I know Vee." Virgil smiled and chuckled slightly. "You really do know me." Patton wiped a tear from Virgil's cheek and smiled. "Why would I not know my own son?" Virgil pressed his head back into Patton's chest and smiled. "Dad...please don't leave." Patton stroked Virgil's hair and chuckled. "I'm staying until you fall asleep again kiddo..I love you."
"I love you too dad."

AN: I guess there was a lil' fluff. Sorry, I'm still taking requests and I'm working on a couple stories right now so..yee.
-Talented_trash