Prom

AN: thank you @centeralsky99 for this adorably amazing idea. they're all Juniors in high school

TW: small anxiety attack, fluff, some cute bois in suits

"Virgil," Roman called out as he knocked lightly on his brothers slightly opened door. "Remy and Emile are gonna be there in 20 minutes, so I was thinking leave in 5."

"I...Okay. Okay I'll be out in a second." Roman lifted one eyebrow and frowned.

"Can I come in?"

"No...Yes....I don't know. Sure." Roman pushed open the door and looked around, Virgil didn't seem to be in his room.

"Are you under the bed," Roman joked, hoping that maybe Virgil was just kneeling down somewhere looking for a dropped earring.

"I'm in the closet."

"If that's what you're stressed about don't worry Vee, everyone knows you're gay." Only after the joke did he hear Virgil's small breaths. Virgil was the most quiet crier he had ever met, but he recognized those small breaths. "Virgil....Are you literally in the closet?"

"Maybe." Slowly, Virgil's hands reached out from a small crack between his closet doors and slid them open.

"Virgil," Roman sighed. His face was streaked with dried tears and fresh ones. "What's wrong?"

His suit was gray, with a beautiful light purple button up underneath it and of course he was wearing his black converse. He looked amazing.

"Virgil, talk to me."

"It's going to be so loud." Roman frowned, but this time it was out of confusion as he sat down on the floor next to Virgil.

"It?" Virgil wiped his face with the back of his hand and let out another short breath. "What's it Virgil?"

"The dance." He said it so quietly Roman almost didn't hear it. "It's going to be so loud and there's going to be so many people and and I-I ca..It.." Roman felt bad, but couldn't help a slight shake of his head.

"Virgil....We're going to go and have a phenomenal time. You've been so excited until today, what changed?" Virgil cleared his throat and wiped another tear from his face.

"N-Nothing really. I still want to go. I'm just-I'm just anxious about it too I guess." Roman sat down on the floor next to his brother and smiled.

"Me too." Virgil looked over at Roman and his eyes widened. "I'm anxious because i don't look as good in a tux as Emile." Virgil laughed (barely, but it was still a laugh) and Roman couldn't help but laugh either. "Hey, I was sensitive to your concerns, give me the same respect." Virgil snorted and placed an apologetic hand on Roman's shoulder.

"Sorry. It's just that you look amazing." The red on Roman's shirt accented his dark hair and eyes perfectly and in his suit he looked like a badass movie character. "You look like you belong in some TV show about a prince who's running away from an arranged marriage to find love in the real world." Roman clutched his stomach as he began to laugh even harder.

"That's-That's oddly specific!" And just like that, all tears were forgotten.

———