Chapter 18

Ponyboy's POV

"No bacon for you." I tell Denise. I'm not that nice.

Denise gasp looking at me. Before she could say something back a bam comes from upstairs. Everyone takes off running even Steve and Two-Bit, who woke up when Denise had her little show out.

I make it up the stairs first staring at the sight before me. "Really Soda?"

Before the gang lays a still asleep Soda. He was cuddled up into a pillow that he brought down with him, and I picture tucked underneath him. I really couldn't make the picture out that good, but I knew that he was in the picture.

"SODA!" Y/N cries out running to him. She checks his head to make sure he wasn't bleeding.

Soda awakens staring at everyone. When he does that the picture becomes even more visible.

I poke Two-Pit "Is that....." I start in a whisper but Two cuts me off with a nod.

Soda grabs it before Y/N could notice "Good morning to you guys go."

I shake my head dragging Denise down stairs with me.

"What the heck Pony? Your brother could be hurt and you drag me back down here. You better have a good reason." Denise says.

"So when Soda moved I kinda seen something........"

"Blood?"

"Nope....."

"Knife?"

"Nope........"

"A condom?"

"What? EW NO!"

"For gods sakes Pony just tell me already!"

"A picture from Soda's ex......."

"The same one that left him?"

I nod.

"The same one that returned the ring?"

I nod once again.

"Oh HELL NO!" Denise says creaking her knuckles "Imma gonna have to kill a bitch!"

I laugh but covers her mouth "Soda must not know that we know, and Y/N must not know anything about this at all!" I give her a stern look as everyone else walks downstairs.

Denise nods but smirks before she grabs a piece of bacon "You know you can't stop me."

I roll my eyes turning to face Soda and Y/N "Good morning Soda."

"Morning Pony." He says rubbing the back of his neck.

"OMG I DIDN'T TELL MY MOM WHERE I WAS LAST NIGHT!!!"Y/N shouts looking at her phone "Of course it'll be dead! FUCK!"

Denise laughs "Chill I got you." She takes out her phone.

Denise's POV
I take out my phone and begin to message Y/n's mom:
Denise: Hey Mrs. Y/L/N (Your last name)
Your mom: Hey, Denise! Have you heard from Y/N.
Denise: Yes actually she wanted to hang out with me and I said yes but I forgot I was already spending the night with Lia. We all just decided to have a huge sleepover
Your mom: Okay thank you dear tell her to be home later this evening
Denise: Will do
I put my phone away and face Y/N "Your mom said its okay just be home later."

Y/N nods "Thank you so much!"

"Oh by the way if she asks questions you spent the night with me and Lia."

"Okay......"

Pony's POV

Breakfast was short but seems like it last forever. Everyone else talked but me. I was still feeling a little guilty for not telling Y/N, yet guilty for seeing it in the first place. I sigh and Denise looks at me mouthing a 'are you good?' I nod my head before picking at the eggs on my plate.

"Hey Pony how do you run so fast?"Y/N asks. I didn't pay her any attention.

"Hey Pony!" Y/N says again.

"Ah sorry didn't hear."

"How do you run so fast?"

I shrug "Practice I guess."

Y/N nods "Even with practice I can't run as fast as you."

The rest of breakfast was complete silence.