Chapter 25

A/N: I hope everyone is okay after the hurricane. Ik that half of Florida got destroyed. Hope each one of my readers (And everyone else) is okay. 🙏💖

Denise's POV
The day of the wedding came sooner than anyone expected. So there I stood helping Soda fix his tie and hair.

"What's the point Denise the wedding is still a little while away?" Soda asks seating my hand away.

"Listen here boys. I have to go to Y/N and get dress myself. I also have to do Y/M's hair and makeup. I also know that if I don't do this now to you guys y'all will be walking around with messy greasy hair!" I state brushing a comb through Sodas hair pushing it all to one side "No grease should be put into your hair."

Ponyboy steps downstairs in a tux and his hair slick back.

"Awe Ponyboy you look nice! Is that fucking grease in your hair?"

"Yeah, what's wrong with it?" Pony asks.

"Go wash it out and come back to me!" I stats firmly.

"Fine!" Pony walks back up stairs.

"Denise stop trying to change my little brothers." Darry tells me hitting my lightly in the back of the head.

"Oh my god Darry! Its a wedding you have to look your best!"

"I'm just going ahead to work." Darry says.

"You ain't gotta go for another two hours. Don't leave us here with this demon!" Steve says.

"That's why I'm leaving before she does something to me." Darry runs out the door.

I laugh and stare at Pony as he comes back down "See isn't that better?"

"NO!" Pony says sitting in a chair in front of me "This tie is choking me and my hair is floppy."

"It'll be okay." I reassure them "For once I can play with your hair without getting grease all over my hands."

"If I didn't know better I'll think you'll scared to be around us seen as Greasers so you try to change us." Steve says.

I stop and glare at him "Excuse you?"

"You heard me."

"Steve you might want to shut your trap before instead of doing your hair I'll shave it all off!"

"Come on soc what's the real reason you're trying to change us."

"It's a wedding and for one fucking day I want all of us to be like princesses and princes even if it's none of our weddings! I'm going to Y/N's." I say walking out the door.

"Wait you didn't even finish doing my hair!" Pony says.

Soda's POV
"Grease it and slick it back it'll look fine." Steve tells Pony.

I felt really bad for some reason.

Steve picks up the hair grease and I take it from his hands "We're doing what Denise wanted."

"What's the point she's just trying to change us."

"If she was she would have told us long ago Steve and you know that. Look at how much bull shit she puts up with us." I say.

Pony nods in agreement pushing the rest of his hair to the side "Besides maybe this will be good for our hair, and I actually look pretty nice." He runs a hand through his hair "Its actually really soft."

Steve scoffs "Wow."

"You're doing it to and do you know why? Because you're my best friend." I say.

Steve sighs "Fine do whatever you want."

Y/N'S POV
I was running to and fro. Back and forth from the bathroom to my bedroom. Denise where the hell are you!

"Y/N sweetie Denise is here." My mom tells me walking up the stairs. "What's going on here?"

"Denise invited me to her cousin's wedding and we're the bride maids." I kinda lied to my mom. Its the truth we are going to a wedding though.

Denise rushes upstairs looking aggravated "Ready!?"

"Yeah, you okay?" I ask.

"Don't want to talk about it." She responds.

"I'll go make you some nice warm tea." My mom tells Denise walking out of the room.

"So we're taking two cars yours and mine." Denise says taking my hair and pulling it into a tight bun, but some of the bangs hang down into little small waves. She begins to stuck roses and flowers into the bun she just made.

"Okay so who's all riding with me?" I ask.

"Not many people like we figured Darry had to work. So Soda and Steve will be riding with you. Heads up Steve wants to be a bitch today."

I nod my head "Thanks for the head's up."

We finish getting dress and walk downstairs for my mom to tell us how we look.

"You two look like princesses. I can't wait for my little angel to get married." My mom says.

I roll my eyes as Denise tells her thank you. We sip our tea making small talk with my mom until Denise says it's time for us to go.

"I wonder how the guys look."

"I thought I knew but they'll probably change it." Denise says.

I look at her "They better not go in jeans."

"No jeans." She laughs. And we set out for the Curtis brothers house.

Soda's POV
The girls pull up as we walk outside. My mouth drops when Y/N steps out of her car and so did her mouth.

"You guys don't have grease in your hair."

"Nope." I say "You look nice."

Denise steps out and looks at you "You guys actually listened to me?"

We all nod our heads as she runs over and hugs us.

"Do not get makeup on our suits!" Steve says.

Denise laughs "Thanks Steve for actually coming through and listening to me!"

"No problem broad."