Chapter 1

I walked down the halls to go to Julius office. When we met he was so excited to see what I could do. I knocked and then opened the door. I adjusted my mask slightly and he smiled. "V good to see you" he said walking to me. "How did that mission go?" He asked. "It went fine"I replied. "Your so grown now. You were so little when I met you" he said patting my head. I rolled my eyes. "Anything else I can do for this kingdom?" I asked. "Actually. I wanted you to join a magic knights squad. I want you to experiance working with others and not alone" he said. "Then I'll take that entrance exam that's tommrow" I said taking my helemet off. "I can't wear this then. So got any others?" I asked. "Here" he said handing me another. I put it on. My hair was decently long but when tied in a messy bun, it fit in most helemets. "Thank you" I said walking away. I grabbed a new pair of clothes. They looked old and raggedy and it matched the helemets colors. Tan and a brown. I took the helemet off and looked in the mirror. I saw my blue hair and green eyes. "Velie Uniqa doesn't exist" I said quietly. I saw a tear roll down. "I hope their okay" I whispered more. I walked to my bed and cried to sleep.

I woke up the next day and put my outfit on. The pants were tight and tan. The shirt was brown and baggy. My shoes were tan as well. I put the tan and brown mask on after putting my hair up. I then put brown gloves on. I grabbed my grimore and hid it in my bag. I walked to the exam nervously. I was given #201. I sighed and walked into the exam. There were lots of people. I hated working with people. I always feared they'd call me a demon, or a monster, but Julius ordered me to do this. So that's what I'll do. I'll become part of a team and learn to work with people. He did leave a note saying to not use my full powers and just choose one or two to stick with. Supposedly he told one of the captains to take me even if I don't seem impressive. I immediately looked at the Black Bulls Captain. I just know he told captain Yami. I've met him before. Julius really trust Yami so I'll trust Julius. I walked toward the crowd. People stepping out the way cause I was the only one hiding my face.

I bumped into a black haired guy in a black shirt. He turned and looked at me. His gold eyes meeting mine that were hidden by the mask. I froze. I wanted to hug him. I just knew it was him. Yuno didnt look to much different but it looked like he had gotten stronger. He had that aura to him. "I-Im sorry" I said stuttering. I really had no words. He just brushed it off and I felt upset. Of course he didn't know it was me. I walked away and looked down. "I know he'll make it" I whispered.

The exams had started and I was crushing the competition. I used air and fire elements. The last part was fighting someone else. I still haven't even brought my Grimore out. I had been using the elements just on my own. My enemy was a noble who had unbeliveable water magic. I still refuse to use my Grimore. The guy sent water like spikes at me. I dodged as quickly as they came. I made a big gaint cannon out of air and rocks. The inside had fire. Fire was weak from water but not this type of fire. The fire was a cover up for the strong force of electricity and wind. I shot and he couldn't dodge. It hit him dead on. The cannon dissappeared as I stayed my distance. He was out. I still didn't use my Grimore no matter what. "Did she just do that without a Grimore?" Someone asked shocked. "Why does she cover her face? Is it because she's a royal? Or is she some high class noble?" Someone else asked. "all that without a Grimore. Imagine if she had one" someone else said. I shook my head and watched the battles go on. When everyone was done, we all stood and the picking started. Captains were very picky. If I managed to impress some of them it'd be good. That's when I saw Asta get no hands. I felt bad. But then Yami decided to take him. I felt so proud of him. Yuno had even gotten all the hands. I knew he would choose the strongest team out of them. I walked up and the captains all seemed somewhat hesitant. Maybe I showed off to much. Or maybe they thought I was weak cause I didn't use a Grimore. Yami looked at the other captains. He then stood up. "I'll take ya kid" he said to me. I looked up at him. For the first time I spoke loud for everyone. "I accept. Just know captain Yami. I probly wont be staying long" I said smirking under my mask. Pretending to be an arrogant noble.

I walked next to Asta and Yami as we walked to the Black bulls hideout. "Whats your name!? Your so cool! You dont have a Grimore and still beat someone really strong!" Asta said. I shook my head. "Call me Velvet" I said. "Thought your name was V kid" Yami said smoking. "Thats what JC decided to call me" I replied. "You call him JC? Why?" Yami asked slightly confused. "Because its best no one else knows who I am speaking of captain" I said with a slight cough. "Now Asta was it?" I asked. "Yeah thats me!?" he said. "Your anti magic is impressive" I commented. "You think so!?" He asked. "I know so" I replied. Just then a fire ball flew past my face and there was a lot of yelling. I felt very annoyed already. "Great I think I rather go back to being alone" I muttered.