Chapter 29

I walked with him. We got to the kingdom. I was covered in bruises and Carter seemed to have some burn marks. I wonder how he got them but I didn't pry. I assumed they were from me. "Velie!" Asta yelled running over from where the two Magic Knight Sqauds were. Carter kept me up as he held my arm around his shoulder. "What was that, that happened to you?" Nozel asked taking my other arm around his shoulder. "I think I figured out how a demi god is a god" I replied. Carter coughed. "Acctually I can explain. Velie met her other self. Her other self is pretty much where her powers of magic come from. Because Velie can't accept that side of herself. It developed and became Velvet. What most gods would call it as a demi gods god mode. Its their power mixed with their heart and mind. Combined makes it pretty impossible to defeat a demi god. But because of the conflict and war within herself right away. The demon blood in her vains started to react. She's like a walking bomb. If she's set off its almost impossible to stop it" Carter explained. "So how did it stop?" Yami asked. "I stopped it. I'm the opposite of her. I can control myself and my God mode decently well. Unlike her. She's a bomb and I'm nothing. And if you put us together it does equal one god. We are twins. So we share the same heart I should say" he explained more. "So what your saying is that Velie can't enter her god mode without the risk of killing everything within a certain radius?" Nozel asked confused. "Yes. Until she can agree with herself that its best they work together. She can't enter it without that risk. Especially since Velvet must feel like she's hated. She's jealous of Velie" Carter answered. "Let's stop talking and get her to a place to rest. She must be exhausted" Finral said. "Yes. Let's let her rest" Carter and Nozel said at the same time. They just looked at each other rolling their eyes. Finral took us straight to the palace.

Julius saw us and immediately ran over. "Velie!" he said grabbing my face gently and checking it. "I'm fine Dad" I said giving him a weak smile. "Come on. Lets get you to your room" he said leading us to my room. Nozel and Carter looked like they were tired to. I looked at Carters face. His dark blue hair covered his face slightly. I saw so many burns on him. "Brother what are those from?" I asked. "Me saving you" he replied looking ahead with his bright green eyes. I was gonna apologize but he was already looking at me with a smile. "Dont worry. I saved your life. That's all that matters to me" he said. "Carter" I said. His eyes flashed silver. "Besides I'm not gonna let someone pathetic like you kill my sister either" he said in a darker tone. They turned green and he coughed. "Sorry he's mean but he cares about you Velie. He just doesn't know how to express it" Carter said. "Its fine" I replied. "Here" Julius said opening the door to my old room. The two boys got me in there and sat me on my bed. I flopped down and yawned. "Thanks for helping her Nozel. As for you" he said. First he was facing Nozel. He then turned to Carter. "You still need to be given an punishment for not only escaping but for attacking people of this kingdom multiple times" he said. Carters face went from happy I'm okay to serious in a second. "Punishment. Yeah okay. it can't be worse than what that deranged god did to me" Carter said with a sigh. "Dad... He saved my life. Not only mine but everyone in the kingdoms. Look at the burns on him. Look at his blood soaked clothes from breaking every bone in his body for Me and everyone here. I think he's done enough to be forgiven" I said. "He's still a threat. We have no idea what he's capiable of and why he really is here" Nozel added. Carters eyes went sliver and his hair started to turn gold. "Listen. I am here because she is. What I'm capable of is nothing but using others magic since I can't use my own. I'm here because if I go back I'm as good as Dead" he explained. His voice darker again. "I thought Carter had control over you?" I asked. "He does. But as of now. He told me to come out and handle this situation because he's a coward when it comes to standing up for himself" He replied with a growl. "I think the best course of action would be locking him up" Julius said. I weakly got off my bed. My legs shaked violently. "Dad Please take him in like you did me. Teach him right from wrong. Make him one of us. Please. And if you can't do it or he gives you problems I'll take responsibility" I said. My legs gave out and Carter caught me quickly. He was himself again. I held onto him as he helped me sit back down. "Fine Velie" Julius said agreeing. I smiled brightly. "Thank you" I said. Carter gave the faintest smile as he held out a hand to julius.

"Thank you" he said. "Your welcome" Julius said. "Does this make you my father?" Carter asked a little confused. "I guess so" Julius replied patting Carters head. Carter pulled out a knife as he looked like he was panicking. "Carter calm down. He's not trying to hurt you" I said feeling like that was the problem. He took a deep breath and dropped the knife. "I'm sorry. Its instinct" Carter said looking down. "Its fine. I'd never purposely hurt you" Julius said. "I can tell. You raised my sister to be amazing. I'll trust you. It'll just take some time" Carter said as him and Julius shook hands.