Chapter 30

I woke up from a long sleep. Carter was laying by me cuddling up to me. My eyes growing wide. "Are we suppose to share a room?" I asked myself. "Yes. But I was uncomfortable on the floor. Also I had a nightmare" he said. When he said nightmare he said it with hate. "What about?" I asked. "Nothing. It was just a reminder of everything I went through" he said looking out the window. "Don't you have a squad to get back to? I mean leaving your side in a place I Don't know is terrifying but I can learn this place. Like you did. Maybe I can do good like you sis" he said hugging me tightly. I smiled and hugged back. "You sound very hopeful" I said. "Guess I'm just mocking you" he said chuckling. I flicked his head. "I would like to get back to my actual squad and see my best friend. So if your left alone here with Julius be nice" I said. "Of course. When am I not nice?" He asked. I just playfully glared. He just playfully glared back.

There was a knock on the door and I got up. Carter hugged my blankets as he seemingly was cuddling them now. Who knew my brother would be so cuddly when he has a fierce outside. I opened the door and yawned. "Yeah?" I asked. "Morning" A familure voice said. I looked up quickly and saw William. "Captain!" I said hugging him. He pat my head as he slightly hugged back. "Are you ready to return back to my squad. We are still battling the diamond kingdom if you want to go there and help your teamates out" he said. "I'm so ready to be back where I belong. I'm so tired of having to keep switching or going different places" I said. "I'm glad you feel so dedicated to my squad. Its an honor" William said smiling. "But I might not be able to go" I said. "Is it because of him?" William asked tilting his head towards Carter. "Yeah. I don't want to leave him alone. He doesn't feel safe with me gone. I just have a feeling he doesn't" I said. "Well. Why don't you bring him with you for a little bit until he can be on his own?" William suggested. I smiled. "Do you think Julius would let me?" I asked. "He can" Julius said standing right next to the door. "Besides if you take him to the battle field its a good chance we can see what he's really capable of" Julius added. "Don't wanna go" Carter said waving his hand. "I think I need more control over myself and such before I go out and fight again. Besides I'm tired of fighting. I rather just leave that all behind. That deranged man made me kill so many people. I don't want to anymore. I want to be like velie. Saving people instead. But I don't know how to yet" Carter said. "Hmm. Well that's fine. I'll let you choose what you want. But if you choose to stay Velie still needs to go back to her Squad. She's been absent and its starting to cause some problems" Julius explained. "Fine by me" Carter said waving everyone away. "Now let me sleep" he mumbled. "Well should we get going William? Your squad might need you" I said. "You mean our squad might need us" he said walking. I followed behind him.

We made it to the battle field and there the team was. Fighting off the diamond kingdom. "Must have attacked while I was gone. "Well Velie. Would you like to finish this for me?" He asked. "On it sir" I said. I jumped down from my spot on a roof and landed behind some battling mages. "Attacking my kingdom. What a mistake" I said keeping my head down. I held out a hand in my kneeling position. I touched the ground and June appeared but as an actual sized person. "June. Show them the door please" I said. June made a gaint sword appear as April sat on my shoulder once again. I was happy the two were back and awake. I thought I lost them but I had a feeling I didn't. "Now as for the generals" I said standing up. I flew up and landed by another battle going on. I saw Yuno fighting and smiled. "Hes gotten stronger. I see his spirit is too" I said. I touched the ground and summoned demons but April made them look like knights in armor so it looked like a regular army. They started to take out other mages as well. Yuno saw and turned. He smiled as I walked up to him. "Don't lose focus. We can talk later" I said. I walked past with my grimore out. That's when a general tried to attack me. I reflected it into some of their mages and flew super quickly. I punched the general in the face out of no where. He flew to the ground. A lot of multiple different attacks being thrown at me. I dodged them and got back to the ground. "Yuno wanna try something new?" I asked. "What?" He asked. We were being surrounded by mages. "I want you to attack me with the strongest you got. Since you have the spirit of wind your wind attacks would be stronger than mine. But I can add something to it. So attack me" I said. "Didn't you just get off a battle field from injuries yesterday. I don't think you should even be fighting" he said. "I can fight and I refuse to give up. So let's end them and then rest" I said. "Fine" he said. He sent a big wind attack right for me. I held out a hand as my arm went into a lightning frenzy with Fire. I touched the wind attack barely and it got bigger and mixed in with my fire and lightning. It took out all the surronding mages with one fatal blow.