Chapter 10

I opened my mouth as the words flowed out. Some reason I had felt like I could trust her with anything. Tell her anything I wanted. The atmosphere she gave off was so comforting. "I was born with this scar. I was also the illegitimate son of a nobel man. So one day I was recognized as noble after years of proverty. When I was taken in my foster mother would abuse me because of my face. But everyone marveled at my Magic. Then when Julius found me he made me this mask and I joined the magic knights because of him" I explained. She stood up. She was wiping tears from her eyes. "That's so sad captain" she said. "Your crying" I said standing up. "Sorry I just feel terrible you had to go through that sir" she said wiping her eyes more. I stood up. Walking to her. She was just so strange. Why was she so sympathetic. Why do I feel like I could relax and trust her with anything.

I brought her into a hug to calm her down. My kindness coming out again. "Well why did Julius give you such an assignment. Not usually for him to personally deliver such a thing to anyone?" I questioned. "When I was young Julius took me in under his wing and raised me in the palace. I had to hide my identity and magic everyday. Being locked away because he worried the kingdom would freak out if they found out what I can do. He sent me on the quest because that's part of my job. I have to go do things like that all the time" she explained. She pulled away from the hug. "Why would he have to hide your magic?" I asked. "Because its to strong. I couldn't control it well when younger so thats why he took me in. Also beacause I was abandoned by my parents or something. I don't really remember much up until I woke up covered in stuff in the woods" she said. "Well this has been a nice conversation. You should go rest Velie" I said. "Oh yeah. I came to tell you that we were back. Guess you probly already figured that out" she said smiling brightly. "Alright goodnight" I said turning away. "Captain Vangeace?" She asked. "You can call me William if you want and yes?" I said. "Thanks for letting me learn more about you and speak with you" she said with the softest smile. "Anytime Velie" I replied. She nodded with that smile and left.

I looked at the helmet. "Did she really think that this scar is that cool? Heh. I'm happy at least someone doesn't hate it" I said putting a hand against my face. My fingertips brushing against the scar. "Hmm I knew from the start shed be interesting" I said. I put the helmet on. "But how could someone with that much mana, that much power, be so nice?" I asked myself. "She seems like she knows she strong but yet she believes others are stronger. And I don't believe Julius hid her because of the strength of her magic. He's hiding something. Something I want to know. What if she's cursed like me?" I questioned. A knock on my door telling me I need to push the thoughts away for a while. I needed to ask Julius later.

Later that day I had went to the meeting Julius scheduled with me a week ago. Once there, we discussed some stuff about the Dimond kingdom and their possible attack that could happen at any time. I stood up after the meeting was over. I looked him in the eye. "Sir. I must ask something about ms. Uniqa" I said. "What about her? Asuming she already told you she works for me" Julius said. His smile gone. "What's her magic?" I asked. "I can't tell you" he replied. "So she uses forbidden magic" I said figuring thats what it was. "William. She's cursed like you. But its worse. It doesn't show as a scar. It shows in her magic" Julius admited. He put a hand on a necklace he kept wrapped around his wrist. "She can't ever figure out what that curse is. If she does she'll tear herself apart. The kingdom would claim her to be a monster and declare her head... Yet that curse is what can save this kingdom. I looked into the future as far as I could go and everytime I do. Her curse saves this kingdom" Julius said. "So the person who found her in the woods knew this?" I asked. "Guessing she told you that too" Julius said sighing. "Velie. Someone who knew what she was came to me. Telling me what it was" Julius continued. "So what's this curse?" I asked. "Promise you won't tell anyone. Doesn't matter who. It can never be told" Julius said. It must be extremely bad if he is so concerned.

"I promise" I said bowing slightly. "Velie is the child of a-" he was cut off by his blue haired assistant. At least since I couldn't remember his name. "Sir there is an attack on the Kingdom! Some Eyes Of The Midnight Sun are attacking!" He said. "This will have to wait another time William" Julius said. I immediately started to leave. I had to get back to the Golden Dawn headcourters. I moved quickly. Something in me telling me to move faster. Before I knew it I was running. 'What's this curse? Why was it so important? What could Velie have thats so dangerous and scary?' I thought. I made it back to my office with more questions then answers. I closed my eyes. "Guess its time to go back to sleep" I whispered.