Nozel Ending (Part 1)

(I'm so sorry for not getting any of the endings out sooner. I got so busy and came to a writers block. I have trouble ending stories so I'm sorry but I'm back for now at least! )

I felt lost again. I'm a royal who has been acting out of character in a way most usually don't. Right now I'm back to how I usually am. When she's around I change from this. Only for her though. Julius has been quiet all day. We were throwing a celebration and he had been awfully quiet the entire time. "Sir" I said walking to him. "What is going on?" I asked him finally. He gave me a sad smile. "Velie has disappeared. She didn't leave a note or anything. She just disappeared" he said with so much pain in his voice. He was her father whether by blood or not. After all she's done, disappearing hurt him. It hurt me. She was going to be the Wizard queen. I knew she'd get public opinion in her favor and be happy. I knew shed protect this kingdom more then it has been protected before. She's the one who could take the wizard kings ideals and make it an reality. Her being gone was going to hurt us all. The people who grew to love her despite how terrifying her magic could be, they would all have to lose her as much as me.

"I'm going to find her" I said without thinking. Julius looked at me and shook his head. "Nozel you know you can't afford to do that. Your a royal of the kingdom. You can't afford to just disappear to look for her. She wouldn't want you to abandon everything for her" He said. I closed my eyes. I had to stay calm. The memories I had of her kept flooding my mind. The way her hair laid over her shoulders and her eyes held a lot of light in them. I missed how she could be so kind yet rude at the same time. At first she made me mad but after a while she started to grow on me. I didn't want to listen to Julius. I wanted to find her. I had to find her and just see her smile one more time.

"How about I look but not to far okay?" I asked. Julius sighed. "Fine but just stay out of trouble Nozel" he said turning to walk away. Most likely to tell everyone else she's gone. Why would she leave? That was my main question.

After that I searched for months. I searched everywhere I could for a clue and I got absolutely nothing. I sat there in my office both frustrated and deep in thought. I heard a small knock on my door and I looked up from my desk. "Come in" I said simply. The door opened to reveal Julius. "What brings you here Wizard King?" I asked.
"A mission that I thought would grab your interest" he replied. He came over and set a map down on my desk. "A devil has been spotted in this area of an forest. Its not the only sightings of this devil. Devils cant have physical forms up here like this. The fact it hasn't caused Chaos yet also makes it seem like its Velies doing. This is the lead you needed" he explained. I stood up and looked at the markings on the map. Something about the sightings was strange. He numbered the order of them. The first one all the way to the most recent. I grabbed a pen and started to connected the numbers and dots. Julius smiled. "I'll leave it to you" he said leaving.

I simply gave a soft thank you and continued marking up the map. When I finished I saw it. The devils sightings caused a circle. All the same distance from the same point. The center of the circle is where they must be coming from. It was my only lead to try and find her.

I got some stuff together and headed out by myself. I know it was dangerous but I didn't want anyone to distract me from finding her.

Making it to the edge of the dense forest I could feel the tension. I looked at the map and made sure to head the same direction. I looked up form the map and saw something poking its head from behind a tree. It had horns with black and white striped skin. When we locked eyes, the little devil like thing ran away quickly. "Wait!" I called chaisng after it. I wondered if this was the devil thats been spotted. It lead me to a big cave and ran in. I stopped and stared at the darkness. This wasn't on the map as all. Getting near it made my body tremble from fear even if I wasn't really afraid. My body was acting on its own almost. It was like my body was screaming run but I wasn't going to. I would head right in if I have to. I was determined to find a trace of her. I was determined to know why.