Chapter 49

I looked back at Langris. "I'm sorry. I'll have to deny that deal" I said. Licht walked towards me. Langris was going to attack but I stopped him by holding out a hand. "Velie who is he and how do you know him?" Langris asked. "He's an 'friend' of mine that I met when I went missing. All that matters is that you dont engaged. He's to strong for us" I said. "Velie. He's a bad guy isnt he?" Langris asked whispering in my ear. I sighed. "I'll explain later Captain number two" I said. Licht sighed. "Guess I'm going to just have to dispose of you two" Licht whispered. He sent light attacks at us. I made walls around me and Langris. "Langris. I'm going to send you back home. If I'm not back within an hour. Then assume I'm dead alright?" I asked.

Before he could answer I kicked him into a portal. It closed and the walls broke down. "Velvet. Please" I begged as I put up more walls that were being destroyed quickly. I hated not having my grimore. Without it I can only keep multiple magics that arent mixed working at the same time. Velvet took over. She jumped out and flew in the sky using wind. Licht sending even more attacks. It was so fast. Velvet was faster though. She eventually made it behind Licht. She made a sword appear. She went to stab him but I made her stop. Instead I hugged Licht from behind and forced his magic to stop by using mine to block his grimore. "Licht stop. Its just me now" I said. Licht sighed and stoped. "Velie. Your such an idiot" Licht said. He turned to face me and wrapped his arms around me. "Why do you always get yourself in trouble. And then I cant help but want to help you even if I shouldn't" Licht said.

"Licht" his follower guy with black eyes and black symbols around his eyes said. "Ah yes of course. Your probly confused. But ill assure you. This women here isn't a human. She's a goddess. My goddess actually" Licht explained. Licht put his lips against my cheek. "Stay out of trouble little princess" Licht said before walking away. My cheeks got red once I processed what he did. I took off running and jumped through one of my portals.

I landed on top of someone. I looked down and saw Yuno. "Velie" he said. I got up quickly and helped him up. "Um sorry I was trying to find Langris" I said. "I'm right here" Langris said leaning against a wall. "So who were the two guys we ran into?" he asked. "They are criminals from another kingdom" I lied. "They seemed to know you personally" Langris said glaring. "Ah right well I um" I trailed off not sure what to say. "You really aren't what you seem. Your a lying person who must be betraying this kingdom" Langris said. I felt my whole being shatter. A tear slipped from one of my eyes.

"I haven't betrayed the kingdom. And who you met is someone who worships me for an odd reason. Also the truth is. He's an Elf who wants revenge for his kind being slaughtered by the people of this kingdom from years ago. The first ever wizard king was the cause of that demon" I said.

My eyes widened. Langris stood shocked. "Your lying" he said. I galred. "I lied once. And that was about who they were. Really who they are were the terrorist. You met the leader. Happy?" I asked. "The leader!? You know the leader!?" Langris asked shocked. "Of course I do. I've had to fight him several times. He rarely attacks me anymore because he knows he's going to lose. Why do you think he held back?" I asked. "You defeated him before?" Yuno asked. "Yes. But it was at a time where I gave to much mercy" I said. I then sighed. "Doesn't matter now. I think he's to obsessed with me to try and fight me for real anymore" I said.

"So. Your like a weakness?" Langris asked. "She's a lot of people's weakness" Yuno mentioned. "So. Now we have something to possibly help us win against them" Langris said smirking. Yuno put me behind him defesivly. "We are not using her in a way that could endanger her" Yuno said. It was rare to see some true emotions on Yunos face but I saw it. Saw that drive to protect me. I saw his anger at Langris idea. I wrapped my arms around Yuno. "Its fine Yuno. If it meant protecting this kingdom. I rather die for it" I said. Yuno looked back at me. "But you shouldn't have to sacrafice yourself" Yuno said quieter than usual. I smiled. "I rather sacrifice myself then others" I said. I giggled. "But trust me. That's definatly the last resort. We have way more options then that" I mentioned. "Really we do now?" Langris asked walking towards me and Yuno. "Yes" I said. I walked past Yuno and towards Langris.

"Just like right now. I know the perfect way to get what we need for the Dark Market takedown" I said. Langris held out his hand. "I'll follow your lead just this once Velie. Its not guaranteed again" Langris said with a smirk. I smirked back and grabbed his hand. "Fine by me. Seems we are in agreement once again today" I said. Yuno looked shocked beyond belief. "You two seem like your best buds or something" Yuno said. Me and Langris looked at each other. "Guess in some way we are" I mentioned. "I'll accept that. Somewhat" Langris added. "This is starting to get creepy. Just a day ago you two were beating each other up" Yuno said. "I guess you can say. We learned a lot from our time together today" Langris replied. "Yeah. We learned we work pretty well together when we come to an agreement" I added. Yuno just walked away cringing and somewhat mad from the glimpse of his face I saw. I sighed and let Langris hand go after shaking it. "Let's go. I'll tell you the plan once we are there" I said. Langris nodded with a small chuckle. We left through my portals and landed outside by the place again.