Chapter 40

*William POV continued. Yup two in a row. Deal with it*
(Also if you skipped to this chapter because of spoilers. You definatly didn't miss anything important so your good)

Velie was asleep in my arms. I didn't put my mask on. Arion put a smile on. "Thanks for the help William" she said. "I'll take her home. Would you both like to come?" I asked. "No I have a squad I must return to. But Ciel will go. He doesn't know anything about this place so teach him a little while she sleeps okay?" Arion asked. "Of course. Anything to help" I said. I looked back at Velies face. I was sitting on the ground with a passed out Velie. I was holding her in my lap. Arion was already walking away. Ciel went after her. I couldn't stop looking at Velie. I leaned my face to hers. "I'm the luckiest person on earth" I whispered. I put my head against hers. Just the feeling of her in my arms felt like a dream come true. I just wish she would feel the same. But she could never. Velie would prob'ly die if she even got kissed on the cheek. I grabbed my mask and put it on.  Picking her up in my arms like she was a bride. I wish she was mine deep down. I laided her head on my shoulder and conitinued to carry her.

We made it home. I almost didn't notice Ciel had been following me the whole time. All of Velies friends running up. Even Julius was there. "My babys home!" Julius cheered hugging Velie in my arms. He had tears. A lot of people did. I still held her though. Velie slowly opened her eyes. She looked at all of us. She looked me in the eyes. "William?" She asked. "Hey Velie. How are you feeling?" I asked. She smiled and hugged me tightly. "I'm alright Captain" she said. I set her down. She then hughed everyone else. "Its great to be back! I missed you all!" she said crying. Ciel pat my shoulder. "Good work" he said. "Anything for Velie" I whispered. Velie looked at me. "Come on William join the group hug!" She said. I saw Nozel even in it. He didnt seem to be irritated either. I smiled and joined the hug. I looked back and saw Ciel. He was smiling. I held out a hand. "Come on. Your her brother" I said. He walked over and joined the group hug for Velie. "I hope I didn't worry you guys to much" she said sadly as we all got out of the hug. "We were worried but I think we all knew you'd be okay" Julius said hugging her still. "But don't you dare ever do that again!" Noelle said mad. "Yeah! You need to watch yourself!" Asta said. "You can't blame her. She was broken and couldn't think straight. She's all good now" Yuno said. Velie smiled brightly. "I love you guys!" She said brigthly. I felt my face heat up. I looked at everyone else and they all had pink on their cheeks. Well almost everybody here did. Velie tilted her head. "Um guys? You okay? Your all getting red?" She asked. Julius was trying hard not to laugh at all of us. I was glad I had a mask. That way no one could tell how red my face was getting. "Let's let Velie rest now" I said. Everyone nodding and muttering agreements.

The next day I woke up yawning. I reached for my mask. Grabbing it gently. I looked at it. Part of me didn't want to even wear it anymore. I just wanted to cast it aside. I knew I couldn't though. I put it down. Getting dressed. I held the mask up again. I shook my head. "Fine" I said strapping it to my side. I opened my door and Velie was standing there. She saw that my mask wasn't on. She gave a big smile. "You have a meeting today right!? And your planning on not wearing the mask! I'm so proud of you Captain!" She said. I blushed. "I was gonna put it on. But if you go with me I'll keep it off" I said nervously. Velie started to think for a minute. Her eyes got bright as she grabbed my hand and dragged me. We got to her room and she pushed me inside. We were going way to fast down the hall for anyone to see my face. "You seem uncomfortable with it still. So how about I wear a mask too?" She asked. I blsuhed more. "Really Velie you don't need to" I said. "I do! Here perfect!" She said finding a mask. It was the one she used to originally wear. The whole outfit was still there. She grabbed my mask and put it on me. She then pushed me into the hallway. She closed the door and I could hear her getting dressed. Even heard her trip. I gave a small chuckle. "She's to cute" I whispered. "What was that captain?" Langris my Vice captain asked. "Ah Langris. We will leave in a minute. I decided we are gonna bring Velie along with us. She getting ready" I said. "You called her cute" Langris mentioned. I sighed. "Doesn't matter" I muttered. The door opening. "Ready to go" she said. I missed seeing her beautiful face already. "Is this the vice captain?" She asked. Langris held disgust on his face. "Why does someone do raggidy have to be part of our squad?" He asked me. I backed away. I could feel Velies instant anger. "Ragidy? Wow must not know who he's talking to. Should I teach him how to respect people William?" she asked. I sighed. "No. He's not worth it. I also rather not have to punish you for fighting. I wouldn't even know a suitable punishment for you" I said not sure. Langris only held his head high. He had no idea what Velie could do to him. I started to walk. "Come along. No fighting" I said simply. "I wouldnt fight such a waste of time" Langris said. "June" Velie said. I turned quickly. "Velie don't" I ordered. June was sitting on her shoulder. it was a strange looking spirit. He dissappeared as Velie sighed. "Yes sir" she said.