Chapter 6

Velie was alive. She was alive and so close yet far. I still couldn't believe it. I just couldn't focus on anything. I even stayed in my room as if I were a kid again. As if I was waiting for her to come back and tell me to leave. No she wouldn't do that. She would never come for me. Come drag me out my room to explore. Did Velie really miss us? Or was palace life better? A knock sounded at my door. "Yeah?" I asked. No answer. I was about to ignore it until the door opened. I turned to look but arms wrapped around me tightly. Blue hair on my shoulder. "Yuno! Come out of your room! Let's go explore this place together!" Velie said rubbing her head agaisnt my shoulder. "Velie" I said. I turned around and hugged her tightly. "I knew you'd come and get me" I said. "Of course I did! I care about you Yuno! Besides I made a promise!" Velie said smiling. "Now lets go explore this place please" she begged. I gave a small smile. "Yeah okay" I replied. We stopped hugging as we walked out my room. Mimosa smiled and Klaus gave a small smile. "This way Yuno! I want to see this way first" Velie said dragging me. I still felt dissappointed. I wanted her to say... No Yuno. Now is not the time to be childish. Don't let things get to me.

Velie stopped after we were away from everyone. "Yuno" she said. She turned to face me. "Thank you for not forgetting me. And not being very mad" she said looking down. "I wonder how Astas gonna react to finding out I'm alive" she said. "Probly be childish" I replied. Velie looked at me shocked. "Yuno your..." She said. "People change Velie. As much as I missed you I do not think we can be very close friends anymore. You are a potential distraction to my goal" I said. I nearly broke completely when I saw her tear up. "I joined this team Yuno. I knew I should have just gone with the black bulls!" Velie said wiping her eyes. "I cant believe you Yuno! What's wrong with me huh!? I tried so hard to just see you again!" She yelled shaking me again. "Are you sure you did it for me! You sure you didnt just do it for Asta!" I replied feeling jealous. I always seemed to be. I only got her attention by crying or locking myself away.

"Velie. Why does she like Asta so much?" I asked sister lilly. "Yuno. I dont know" she replied. I watched as Asta and Velie ran around playing tag. Velie looking so happy without me nearby. They stopped and Velie said something. She then looked back towards the window. Asta smiled and they ran to the woods together. I looked down and started to cry. I only wish shed want to be by me. Want to see me.

Later that evening she returned with Asta. Asta carrying something weird. They got inside and Velie smiled. "Yuno I made you something! I know your sick right now so I made something for you! Asta helped of course!" She said. Asta set down a big piece of wood. On it was a beautiful picture of the forest. Maybe Velie really did like me. I hugged it smiling brightly.

Velie put a hand on my face. "Yuno. I joined this team for you. I made you so many things I didn't want to give you. Asta would say that I was more obsessed with you then anything in the world if he was here. I am sorry you feel like I rather be by Asta. Acctually you'd be wrong Yuno" she said. She leaned close to me. She wrapped an arm around me and her greens eyes sparkled as she smiled up at me. "I love you Yuno" she said.

"Yuno? Hello Yuno?" Velie said waving a hand in front of my face. I must have zoned out. I looked at her. "Yeah?" I asked. "You've been zoned out this entire time? Whats wrong? Is there any way I can help?" She asked worried. "No Velie I'm fine. Just happy your back" I said. She smiled. "Me too" she said. "Just no zoneing out on me please" she said. I put an arm around her. "I won't" I said. "Do you remember when you used to zone out as a kid?" She asked. I looked away. "Don't know what your talking about" I replied. She shook her head. "You confuse me so much Yuno" she said. "How so?" I questioned. "Doesn't matter right now" she replied as we walked. Someone exiting a room. I quickly put space between me and Velie and she glared slightly as me. We walked past and the person stopped us. "Showing the new recruit around?" They asked. I gave a nod. The guy nodded and walked away. Velie punched my arm softly. "You just love to pretend that you don't know me huh?" She asked glaring at me. "Sorry its habit" I apologized patting her head. "I remember when we were the same height" I mentioned smirking. She glared at me. "Your calling me short?" She asked. "Maybe" I replied. She crossed her arms. "Your just tall!" She said. I smiled and hugged her. "You right I'm just tall" I said holding her close. Not wanting to let go again. Yet I did anyway. "So remember that one time you zoned out so much?" She asked. I sighed and nodded. "How could I forget" I replied.

Velie ran up to me. I had flowers I found for her garden and she smiled at me. "Yuno! What's that behind you!?" She asked. I bought two potted flowers in front of me. "Flowers for your garden" I said looking away. "Yuno your the best!" She said grabbing them from me. "They are perfect!" She said. She leaned to me and kissed my cheek. "Thanks Yuno" she said running off. Zoneing out for a good few hours before I finally could come back to reality after that small kiss.