Chapter 17

I tutned another corner. I ran straight into someone. I punched them knocking them out quickly and pulled them into a closet. I took their white coat off and put it on. I put the hood over my head and left the closet walking. I made sure to keep my head down so it his my face. I got to a section that look really dangeroud and supicious. I started to secretly look into rooms. Not feeling my mana from any. I got further down and saw less and less people. I got to a point that said no one but Licht was aloud through. I felt something from that direction. I snuck through and got to the end of the dark hallway. I walked to a door and reached for the handle. I opened the door but a hand covered my eyes before I could look around. My back pressed against a chest. "Velie you really shouldnt explore so much" Licht said. He pulled my hood down and wrapped an arm around my stomach.

I stayed frozen unable to move. "I don't think you wanna go in that room. You might see something I'll have to kill you for" he said. I felt his breath against my ear. "I really like you Velie. Out of all these pesky humans your the only one I find interesting. Just look at how you didn't give up even if your curse makes you weaker than most. Yet here you are. Strong and ready to get what's yours back" he said. He started to guide me in a direction. "But it seems you've been caught. So I think I have the perfect thing for you" he continued. After a bit of walking we stopped. "I have a few options for you. You could leave and never get what you wanted. Another option is join my cause. Join me in battle. Earn your magic back. Third options having me erase all your memory. Final options death" he said. "I choose none of those" I said. "Well guess my only choice is to kill you dear Velie" he said. "How do you know my name?" I asked. "You would have seen if you were able to" he said. "Besides because of that reason this fascination for you has grown more" he said. He released my eyes and oushed me against a wall again. "Now tell me. What exactly does this curse do to you? I've only seen a little bit" he asked. "Its none of your business" I replied. He put his face very close to mine. His gold eyes boring into my green ones.

"You sure you don't want to tell me?" He asked. Something in me had enough of this bullshit. I kneeded him in the stomach and pushed him away. He looked rather shocked by my actions. I ran past him super quickly and ram towards where I felt that mana. I busted into the room. It was to dark to see. I didn't care I saw one little gar. It glowed silver and gold. I ran and grabbed it. I opened it. There was a needle in it. The small version that had hit me. I pricked my arm and my mana flooded into me. I ran out the room when I heard Licht. I hid as he walked past. I saw my grimore on his hip and wanted to get it but I couldnt risk it. Not with how my body needed time to get used to the mana flowing through me again. He walked in that room and I heard him growled. I took off running trying to get to the entrance. I couldn't sneak anymore. They all could sense my Mana. They all could see me now. Every person I ran by they tried to attack me. I would dodge and keep running. I made it out the door and immediately got stabbed with Lichts light. I fell to the ground and wiped blood from my mouth. "Thank you" I said. I healed myself and stood up. "Its funny. I think you started underestimating me because I was weak" I said. I closed my eyes and smirked. I held out my hand. The world seeming to stop. I saw the two people I saw before. They were small though. The one flying by my hand and the other one on my hand. I accepted them for some reason. I felt at ease with them. They felt special to me. I smiled to them. Both looking rather shocked. "Thank you" I whispered. Time started to move again and they smiled back at me. My grimore somehow in my hand.

I smirked and opened it. "Let's see. Its been awhile" I whispered. I opened to a page and new words wrote on it. "Hmm. Cant read this but I can feel what it puts off" I whispered. I put my hand over it and the demon looking one from earlier. He was on my shoulder handing onto my hair. I put my hand to my shoulder and he climbed on it. I held him out and pat his head gently. "Show me what you can do" I said. Licht looked at him shocked. "what is this?" He asked. He looked into my eyes and he dropped to the ground in pain. "That's what he is. He's my curse. The curse that put me through so much pain. Your only feeling half the pain I felt when my mana was taken from me" I said. Licht clenched his fist as he shook violently. "It'll go away once I'm far enough away" I said walking. I opened a portal and dissappeared into it. I was in front of the palace now. I walked up and went through the gate with no problem. I started to walk and stopped when I heard commotion. I shook my head and walked to where I knew he was. He was annoncing peoples ranks. I could hear through the door. I took a deep breath and opened the door.