Chapter 53

I opened the box Julius had given to me. I smiled at the grimore and wand. April and June jumping on my shoulders. "We missed you!" They said in sync hugging my neck. I giggled. "The annoncements are today. I wonder who the captain is going to be" I said slightly questioning. I got my fancy outfit on. I walked through the streets seeing everyone partying and having fun. I stopped and saw Nozel. I still felt bad for our last run in with each other. "Hey Nozel" I said. He looked at me. He gave a small smile and walked to me. "Hey Velie. Heard you did great on those exams" he mentioned. "Yeah I think I did well" I replied. Nozel sighed and grabbed my hands. People staring at us. "I am so sorry for being so rude the last time we spoke" he apologized. I smiled and gave him a hug. "Its fine Nozel! I know how hard it is to break habits" I said. Nozels cheeks got slightly red as he leaned and kissed my cheek quickly. He then walked away quickly. And might I add. He speed walks like a champ.

I blushed when realization hit me and shook my head. "The announcement's start soon kid" I heard Yami say. I turned and he put his big hands on my head. "Your an oblivous one aren't you?" He asked. "What?" I asked embarrassed. "Captain lame braid likes you" he stated. "No he doesn't!" I exclained running away.

The announcements started. Julius stood up their calling off names and passing out the new robes. The captains robe was different from the rest. "Now for the new captain" Julius said. His eyes met mine. "Velie" he said. I flew up to the stage and smiled. "Don't let me down. I'm counting on you" Julius said. I nodded. "Of course sir" I replied. I was handed the robe. The colors for the Royal Knights was a white and grey colors. The captains robe I had received was longer than the rest and had gold and silver on it as well. The symbol was a knight suit with a crown on it. "Who's Velie?" People in the crowd were questioning. Julius saw concern in the eyes of others. He looked at me. I looked back. "Don't worry about what they think sir. I will do anything for this kingdom and that's all that matters" I said. I walked to the front of the stage and turned to face my squad. "From now on I am your captain! If anyone thinks Sir Julius has made a mistake, speak now!" I ordered. An guy who was known to be one of the best with metal magic stepped forward. I knew he'd test me. I didn't trust him. "I see. Very well. Right here in front of everyone. Challenge me" I said. "Velie. Maybe that's not a good idea" Julius suggested. "No Julius it is. If he can prove he is superior then I have no right to be captain. If I can't place my team into the right order then I'm a terrible captain. I've been training for so long for this day" I said. The guy went to attack but I was behind him in seconds. For once me and Velvet had both been in perfect sync. I hit the back of his head and he flew so far away. I held my hand out and reversed time with Velvet. He stood there blinking. He had no time to react before April had forced him to sleep. I stood there and turned to the rest of the squad. "Anyone else?" I asked. Everyone tensed up. I turned to Julius. "Seems my squad is behaving now" I said.

I turned to look at the audiance. "I'm sorry you had to witness something like that" I apologized. I went and stood next to my squad. "Alright. That concludes today" Julius said. We all left the stage. I was surronded by William and Nozel in a second. William hugging me tightly. "Velies a captain now!" He cheered. "This means I get to see you around more at meetings and gatherings" Nozel mentioned. I smiled. "Yes guess so" I said. "We should get Velie new clothes. She needs to look like a captain" Nozel suggested. William nodded. "I agree" he said to Nozel. "Don't worry I can do it myself" I said patting the twos shoulders. "Captain!" Asta said waving. I smiled. "Can't believe I'll have to start calling you captain" Yuno said in disbelief. "I think everyone is going to have to get used to it" I said. "I saw a totally different side of you today" Finral added. "Yes seriously. That is the only Velie I get along with" Langris said as he approached us. I was surprised he was here. "Hey Langris. what are you doing here?" I asked. "Its a festival. Also I wanted to congratulate you" He said. By the last part he was cringing. I smiled. "Thank you" I said. Julius came from no where and stood in front of me. "You boys stay ten feet away from my daughter" he said. I shook my head. "Its okay Julius" I said. "Its not! No ones aloud to be by my little innocent Velie! They'll ruin you" Julius declared. "They would?" I asked. "Yes they would! Your to beautiful and precious for them!" Julius added. "S-Sir! I-its not like that!" Nozel tried to defend. "I- Velie- shes- uh- i-" William said sounding like a broken record. "Shes my best friend so you cant separate me from her. Besides I've got promises to keep" Yuno said confidently. "You guys are over reacting!" I said with a red face. I was embarrassed just like the rest of them. Finral was hiding behind Asta laughing nervously. "See they love you. I must protect you from their overwhelming love" Julius said hugging me tightly. "Sir your causing a scene" Julius blue haired adviser or whatever he was said. Julius sighed and let me go. "Alright. Let me take you and your squad to your new place" Julius offered. "Sir you have things to do" that guy said. "Fine fine Owen" Julius replied. I sighed. "I'll find my way there. Don't worry" I reassured him. "Come on Yuno, Asta, Finral" I ordered. The three followed me as I walked to go get the rest of my squad.