Chapter 48

I got up and put on a random outfit I put together. I walked outside my room. Going towards Williams office. I knew I had to go there to officialy start my day of hell. I walked into the office and saw Langris already standing there. William sitting in his chair. "Alright. Since your both here. This is how its going to go. You both can't leave each others side. I'll know if you do trust me. You can only leave each others sides if it's needed. Next if you guys argue that alright. But any violence or magical attacks and I'll punish you both more. Alright?" He asked. "Yes sir" we replied in sync. I already felt like today wasn't going to do well. "Go on. Here's an assignment" William said giving us a paper. We both took turns reading. Of course Langris read it first.

Mission:
Find out if this business owner has been illegally doing things like reports have said.
Name: Veri Netel.
Gender: male
Height: 5ft 7inches
Weight: 264 pounds
Age: 46
Reported crimes:
Stealing, possesion of illegal items

I read. I looked at the picture of the man. He had no hair on his head and only a gray and brown beard. "Alright let's get to work" I said seriously. I turned and walked out of the office. "excuse me I call the shots" Langris said. I nodded. "If I agree to them I'll let you call all the shots you want" I said not changing my tone. I wasn't angry or being nice. I was being serious. Being the me I once was.

Me and Langris got there and stopped nearby but not right outside. "Alright. Here's the plan. I'll go in and question him. You just stand there looking pretty" Langris said. "No. Directly asking can get us killed. So we need to go in there and pry the answers out in an manot what isnt suspicious" I said. "Really? Sounds stupid" Langris replied. "No. Its the best way to not cause a scene. If we cause a scene and by chance hurt innocent people then it'll only effect the kingdoms situation more. Now before you even dare say sacrificing lives doesn't matter your wrong. If you ever want to get anywhere you need to understand that numbers matter. The more people we have here. The more we could possibly train them to fight for the country or at least defend themselves if we, as magic knights, fail to" I explained. Langris looked shocked. "You make a good point" he said shaking his head. "Can't believe I'm agreeing with you" he said cringing. "My approach has a slight better possibility of less casualty's. So if we do it. We might be able to catch him off guard. Of course throwing your idea of questioning in is benifitial" I said. "You really are like a leader. Its weird that I wanna follow you" he said. I nodded. "I get that a lot. But your still my superior so I'll respect you as so" I said looking at him. He looked at me and sighed. "I guess I can see why my brother likes you" he whispered. "but only a little bit" he mentioned. "I bet" I replied getting ready to go.

We walked into the store after hiding our robes and changing our attire. "Welcome. What can I do for you?" Veri asked. "Wed like to buy from the special section" I said winking. He nodded. "Alright. What's the passcode for the special section?" He asked leaning on the conter with a sickening smirk. I walked over and leaned down my face was next to his. I quickly read through his mind and smirked. "All hail the great Netel" I whispered. He backed away. "Come along. Its this way" he said. I looked back at Langris. He gave a nod as we followed Veri. He opened a secret bookcase. I heard many sounds and such from down the steps. "This is the underground dark market" he said. "I run most of it. You probly already know that though beautiful" Veri said to me. I sighed and walked down the steps with Langris right behind me. "Isnt it fascinating how dark jumans are?" I heard a familiar voice. I kept my head low.

"Langris we've got more than we asked for" I whispered. "For once I agree. This is a whole opperation. And with how many people are down here working. We are way to out numbered and powered" Langris whispered back. I shook my head.  "We need to get evidence. Then call for backup" I whispered. "I knew it! Magic Knights! They fooled you!" A women yelled. Me and Langris looked at each other shocked. The people surronded us. Langris put his back against mine as we were surronded by a circle of people. I saw a familiar white haored man and he stood in between us and the crowd. "There with me. They are copys of magic knights that I admire" Licht said. "Come along you two. I know your looking for me but that doesn't mean sneaking away from our home just to come get me. I was coming right back" He said grabbing mine and Langris arms. He dragged us up the steps and out the shop. People just believed him. I saw that familiar weird dude. "Great now take us far from here. Not to our place but far from this place" Light ordered. We were coming Sunday by portals and transferred somewhere in a forest.

"So you sonehow made it into the kingdom unnoticed" I said. "You know them?" Langris asked. "Yes. And right now. We are in some serious trouble" I said. "Hmmm. Answer me this. What were two magic knights of the best squad doing in such a place?" Light asked. I kept Langris behind me to protect him. I knew how dangerous this situation could get of not properly handled. "We were investigating the Dark Market" I replied. Licht sighed. "Of course you were. Well let's strike a deal Velie" Licht said bowing. "I'll give you all the information or evedence you need. In exchange you erase your partner here's mind and forget you know I can get into the kingdom" Licht said. I had no idea what I should do. Take it or not?