Chapter 36

I sat in my bed crying. It was only a week. He only lasted a week. He was gone from my reach. Whatever blood family I had now gone from me. I started to cry more as I gripped my blankets tightly. Even Velvet was crying. A knock sounded at my door. I ignored it and continued to cry in my pitch black room.  "Velie. Its been a few days. You haven't come out or ate anything. Please come out and take care of yourself. I know it must be hard. But everyones worrying" William said. I cried even more. "Go away" I cried out. "Velie come on" William said. "Just go! Stop acting like you care! Everyone needs to stop acting like they care! Its because of my power! Your all only nice to me cause your all scared!" I yelled panicking. "I dont fear you Velie. You as a person are all that matters... Everyone came to our hideout just to try and take care of you. They are all in the dinning room waiting for you to come out. Please" William pleaded. I got up and barely was able to stand from how weak I had made myself. I felt as if half of me was dead. Half of me went missing when Carter died. I stumbled to the door. I opened it to be face to face with William. He had no mask. It was on his hip. He immediately brought me into a hug as I cried. "You really haven't been taking care of yourself" William said worried. He put his mask on as he helped me walk to the dinning room. I was so weak. We got there and Asta immediately ran to me. "Velie!" he said grabbing me into his arms and crying. Me crying with him. "Come on best friend! You need to cheer up!" Asta said sitting me in a chair next to Yuno. Nozel was across from me. The empty seat by me being filled by William. Yuno embraced me and just held me. Charmy seemingly jealous. I looked down. Feeling unwanted in this world. "You poor girl" a female I didn't reconize said. I could feel her Mana. She was radiating with it. "Who's she?" I asked. "Her names Arion! She's really good with magic!" Asta said. The women had white hair and her eyes were a bright blue like the sky outside. "Velie. She's a god. I sense it. that power" Velvet said in my head. "A god? What kind?" I asked quietly. Yuno looked at me. "Velie did you say something?" He asked. "Nope" I replied. "I dont know that Velie. I'm sure Volqrow would" Velvet said crying again. I started to cry as well. I missed him too. Even if I didn't know him to well. I still missed him with my heart. He was my twin. He was half of me. "Velie" William said rubbing my shoulders trying to comfort me. I couldn't though. Arion stood up and came over. "Your brother wanted me to give you this. He made it when he was young and has added to it since then" She said handing me a small book. I opened it and saw messy handwritten stories. I still could read the words though.

My name is Carter Uniqa. I'm sure my sister already knows this if she reading this. Well Nightmare said my real name was Carter but I must go by the name Volqrow. I don't understand why. He even said its because Volqrow one day was gonna be my real name. Saying that I would be gone. I really have no idea what he's talking about. I do know I have a sister. I can feel it. Feel my other half. Its her. My sister. I just know its a girl. I just know shes going to be reading this one day.

I closed the little book. I looked down. "I can't read more than that right now" I said with more tears. "Your brother always loved you. You were what kept him alive" she said. "How do you know so much about him?" I asked. "Because he told me all this before he died" she said. "Really?" I asked. "Yes really" she replied. "I don't believe you" I said standing up. I faced her. "Does everyone else know?" I asked. "Know what?" She asked. Velvet forced herself out. "That your a god!" Velvet yelled. everyone was silent. "What are you talking about?" Arion asked starting to stand taller. Velvet didn't back down. She was set on making the gods pay for taking her brother. "Velvet calm down" I said weakly. I felt he pain. I felt why she was so upsrt. But we were out of control. If we started to... No not again. Carter wasn't here to save us.

Velvet didn't listen. Our skin was turning into gold and silver again. "Velvet calm down. Lets sort this out civily" Yuno said standing in front of us. Velvet automatically calmed down. Our skin went normal. Velvet started to cry. "Why!? Why did they take my brother away!?" She asked crying so much. Yuno and William brought Velie into a tight hug. Both working together to try and calm her. Arion looked down. "Velvet. Thats your name?" She questioned. "Yes my father gave I to me" Velvet replied calming down. She wasn't crying anymore. She was calm. We were calm. Even if it hurt to be. Arions eyes were wide. "Whos your father?" She asked. "Julius Novachrono" Velvet said. She looked around the room. "He's the only person who cared about me when my real parents abandoned me. He's taught me how to live in this world. He was going to give my brother a chance. Teach my brother to live like me" Velvet explained. Tears Slipping from our eyes. Arion looked down not saying anything. Everyone stayed silent. "I need to go" Velvet said as she Made us fly away from everyone. Using portals to escape anyone following. We stood in a forest. Next to a stone grave. Velvet gave me control as I collapsed. I put my hands on the First in front of the grave marker. "Brother I wish you were here" I said.