Chapter 19

We continued walking on. It was a comfortable silence between us by that point. "So Yuno" I said. He just nodded. "Do you think we can really protect this kingdom? What if a real monster comes? What if the real monsters already here?" I asked. "Velie your not a monster" he said. "Not me Yuno. I mean what if Licht is sharing a body with an inside man?" I asked. "Why do you say that?" He asked. "Well I noticed something really off" I said. I closed my eyes

I looked at his face. I felt something familiar. I saw something familiar. Could this bad feeling be right. Licht was hiding something in that room away from everyone. No one was even aloud in that section.

"Just a feeling. When I was looking for my mana. I ran into a room and I couldn't see anything cause Licht stopped me from seeing. If I am right about body sharing then it'll be nearly imposible to find out who. Not without running into way to much trouble. But if we just let this go on" I said. "Velie. I think your over thinking this" Yuno said. "Yeah maybe. Well lets go tell Captain Vangence that I'm back" I said walking forward.

We walked on and on. we both were silent. Maybe I was right. Maybe Yuno believed in me. we made it to the captains office and I lifted my hand about to knock. The door being opened. Me and Williams eyes meeting. "Velie! Your back!" He said. "Hello captain" I said. "Go rest a little" he told me. "Thanks for telling me your here. Now I must get going" he said walking away. I blinked and shrugged. I walked to my room with Yuno. "Velie. How do you manage to do things that no one else can do?" He asked. "Dont know Yuno. Guess I just... Maybe I have something in me that makes me the way I am" I said. He just nodded. We stopped at the door of my room. Yuno gave me a hug. He then left without another word. I smiled to myself and walked in with a goofy grin. "He gives nice hugs" I whispered. "I think you like him Velie" June said. "Yeah she's grinning like an goofball" April said. "Doesn't matter. He's got plenty of people who like him. I'm nothing special" I replied to them.

I laid in my bed and closed my eyes. The two curled up right next to me. I smiled and drifted to sleep.

I woke up the next day feeling great and got dressed. I heard a knock and opened up to see Klaus and Mimosa. They both hugged me saying things about how happy they were. I hugged back just happy to be in my friends embraces. "So we have some things to do today. Would you like to join?" Mimosa asked. "I'll be there as well" Yuno said. "Sorry but Velie can't go with you today. I have something for her to do" William said smiling. "Oh. Well maybe next time!" I said. They all nodded and walked away as William held a gentle smile. "You shall accompany me to a meeting between captains today" he said. "Really? Me?" I asked. "Yes. You have intel that can be helpful. Besides if anything happens I know I can count on you" he replied. I made a portal and we walked through. It closed and William walked ahead of me as I followed close behind.

We got to the meeting. "Where's your vice captain Vangence?" One of the captains asked. "He's busy. So I bought one of the strongest mages alive with me" he said. "Her? Again? Shes not even strong" that girl From Noelles family said. William had an evil smirk. "Dont test her. She's at full power now. She's got her magic" he said. I shuddered. He really was scarey when someone challenges him or his squad. He then had a nice smile again. "Well lets get on with this meeting. I'm sure Julius doesnt want to be kept waiting" he said. The girl just laughed at me again. I pulled out my grimore. "April. Lullaby" I said. April flew off my shoulder and nodded. "Now make her shut up please" I asked. She flew around humming the girl to sleep instantly. She flew back. "Alright. I think you can wake her" I said. She stopped and the girl woke up tired. "Nebra are you okay?" The captain asked her. "Nozel what happened?" She asked. William smiled. "Awe you chose to just make her sleepy. Your to nice Velie" he said patting my head. "I thought that girl was a Black Bull" Nozel mentioned. "Nope. She was temporarily placed there when the enemy drained her of mana. She got it back and is back in my squad" William explained. "Lets not talk about my daughter anymore" Julius said. "Daughter!" The captains exclaimed. "Now as to what needs to be discussed. There seems to be an attack coming. We are gonna get attacked not only by the Dimon kingdom but from the Eyes of The Midnight Sun as well. I need your squads to split up and take portions all over the kingdom for patrol. Now Velie. Its a good thing William brought you. Your job is against the terrorist. It will be a good time to test out the capacity on your spirits. As for the Squad I'll be placing with you. I'll be putting the Silver Eagles and Black Bulls. I need the Golden Dawn and the Aqua Deers against the Diamond kingdom. The rest are to patrol the kingdom while the ones I mentioned will be on stand by. Nozel I am leaving Velie in your Squad. If anyone in your Squad threatens her then I give her permission to do what she pleases to them" Julius explained the plan. I sighed. "Why can't I stay with the Golden Dawn?" I asked. "Because I need the power to be balanced on both battle fields. your power alone can create armies. I trust the Black Bulls and Silver Eagles will also help you. As for the other Battle field. I know your squad can handle that perfectly fine. But having you with them will be pointless" he explained. "Understood" I replied.