Chapter 59

Lily's grimore flew in front of her. It was black and purple. I crossed my arms and watched her summon a panther. The panther attacked the knight and destroyed it. I smirked slightly and made an even stronger one appear. Its armor covered in spikes. Lily summoned twin katanas and brought the knight down easily. I could tell she had more abilitys but I had saw enough to evaluate her. I also sensed something more to her. I walked to her. "Good. That's enough for now. Quiet impressive" I mentioned. "Of course it was impressive" she said looking away.

There was clapping and we both turned our heads to look at Carter. "That was pretty cool" he mentioned. Lily glared. "It better have been! You idiotic wannabe!" She said turnning her head away again. I shook my head and made a portal. Going through and landing in the main part of the kingdom. "Man" I said with a sigh. "Oh! Its my Velie!" I heard an old women voice say. I shook my head. I smiled as I turned to face the old women. "Hey JC" I said. "Hey V" Julius replied. I gave him a hug. "What are you up to?" I asked. "Looking for amazing magic users. What are you doing not with your new squad?" He asked me. "I don't know. Trying to think. Figure out what to do" I replied honestly. "Do we need to talk privately?" he asked. He still was in that grandma form. "Yes" I replied. He nodded and we went to a private place.

"Alright. What's going on?" He asked turning into his normal self. "I am losing myself again" I replied. Julius shook his head. "Velie Uniqa. You aren't losing yourself. Your just not remembering yourself" he said. He put a hand on my shoulder. "I'm also having doubt's about being captain" I added. I looked at my feet in shame. Feeling as though I somehow let him down. "Velie look me in the eyes" he demanded. I looked him in the eyes as I was told. "You are captain not just because of your powers. I choose you because of your heart and will. I chose you because you have something I've never seen anyone else have" he said. He gave a smile. "You have such a strong will and heart that everyone eventually will follow you. No matter who it is. Everyone can see it" he continued. He pointed to my heart. "You are unbreakable. No matter how much you try and break yourself. You can't. cause you know deep inside there are people counting on you. There are people there to back you up" he finished. I smiled as tears streamed down my face.

Standing there in front of him. hearing those words made me realize something. I have so many people ready to run and help me. I have so many people counting on me. I was never taught to give up. I could never give up. Because I made a promise. No, I made promises to so many people. I can't let them down. Especially not those that have taught me and helped shape the women I was today.

I needed to finish what my parents started. I needed to fix their mistakes. "Thank you father. Your right. I need to be confident" I said. I gave him a quick hug and kiss on the cheek. I then ran off back to my squad.

I got back. Yuno running to me. "Velie. We have just received news about an attack from the spade kingdom" Yuno informed me. I nodded. "Alright. Only very few of us can go help" I said. "Inform Carter that he is in charge while me and you go help. Everyone else is to stay here in case there are anymore attacks" I demanded. Yuno nodded and went to go do what he was told. I was surprised he told me the news and not someone else telling me. I shook it off for now.

Me and Yuno got to the battle field. William was there. Must mean the battle wasn't in our favor. "Yuno. Here's the plan. I need you to go out there and clear some of the field. I'll feed you more power. So go all out" I directed. Yuno nodded. "Be careful" I added. Yuno gave a small smile before he went out there. Some Magic Knights were shocked. Others relieved. A few irritated. William looked around from his tree. He must have sensed me. I'm sure everyone could.

Yuno cleared some of the field but he looked ready to pass out. I must have been feeding him to much mana. He was in the air when he passed out suddenly. I jumped from my spot. I caught Yuno in my arms and dodged attacks. I held Yuno close to me as I got him to a safe place. I landed on my legs and ran. He was heavy to me. So, I used my magic to strengthen my arms so I could carry him. I stopped and set him down. Putting protection around him. I turned towards the battle again. "We are still losing. I will not let my kingdom lose" I said. I flew back to the battle. I stayed in the air as I dodged and attacked. An enemy got a good hit on me. Sending me flying upward and back. I closed my eyes expecting to hit Williams tree. Instead I felt something wrapped around me and stop me from getting to hurt. I opened my eyes and saw that a branch caught me. I smiled. I got off the branch and flew back into battle. "Velvet now!" I yelled. Velvet took over and we landed on the ground. "Finally. Some freedom. And story time. Been to long" she said winking at nothing in particular. I just shrugged it off.

Velvet held out a hand. A sinister smirk on our face. "June! Mana drain!" She demanded. June appeared but he was different. Instead of his usually classic demon look he had big black wings and red hair that covered one eye. His exposed eye was glowing red as well. His skin mixed. He held out clawed hands as they drained the mana from the entire Spade kingdom army.

(Hey. I'm back. I'm so sorry for no updates. Some issues arouse within my life and it prevented me from spending much time on anything. But I am back. I may not be able to keep the schedule perfectly but I'll try. I apologize once again. And the add your ocs is still avaliable. Thanks for your patience)