Chapter 20

I walked behind Noelles family. Why Julius didn't put me with the Black bulls again confused me. Also the fact he gave me permission to do what I want. He was up to something. "Why does he treat her like she's so special!? And since when did he have a daughter!?" Nebra asked. "Shes the secret weapon of the kingdom. Of course only the captains knew of this weapon. Besides I haven't seen that masked figure that used to do stuff for the kingdom under Julius orders. So I'm guessing that she's that weapon" Nozel replied. "You guys are back" The other one said. "Solid" Nozel replied. "Isn't that the lame girl from a while ago" he said. I walked to him and I pulled my sword from my grimore holding it pointed at him. "I'm tired of this Silvia family" I said. I took a deep breath and calmed down.  I put it away. "Its not worth the trouble" I said. "Should I put them in pain?" June asked. "No. They aren't worth it" I said. I walked on and ignored them and their talk. "I sense that battle coming soon. If we don't win. I'll be useless again" I said.

I walked around. The building was big and like a maze. But I felt my way through blindly. "Would you like if I showed you to your room?" Nozel asked. "Why would you do that?" I asked. "I thought you hated me like the rest of this stupid family. With the exception of Noelle of course" I said crossing my arms. "I don't hate people. Besides William said if I don't treat you with at least a little respect him and Julius both are gonna have my head. I rather not have any more problems to deal with" he explained. "This whole family is more messed up then my real one" I said. "You have a real family? They prob'ly left you to Julius for the simple reason they didn't want you" he said walking. I followed and sighed. "Says the man who has no family and spends his whole day braiding his hair in front of his face" I said. He growled. I knew I was right. "But hey. Maybe one day it'll come in handy. You might just win over a ladies heart with that" I said. I cursed myself for being to nice to keep insulting people. "Wow you go from insulting to being kind. Make up your mind" was his reply to what I said. "I-i" I stuttered and fell quiet. "Its hard to be mean alright. I can't be cold hearted like you and your family. I can't even hurt the enemy without feeling bad" I said. "Then there's the reason Julius put you in my squad instead of the Black Bulls. He wants you to stop being so nice" he said. I stood there. Did he really?

What would happen if I learned to be cold in battle? What would happen if I became like that? Would I be a monster?

I looked at Nozel. "Could you teach me?" I asked. "Being cold in battle is something you must learn to do on your own" he said. "But I guess I could help just a bit" he said. He stopped in a special looking part of the place. "Here's your room" he said opening the door. "Why do I get a fancy room?" I asked. "Because Solid and Nebras rooms are right next to yours" he replied with the faintest smirk. "Oh no! I refuse!" I said. "You can't" was his reply. I gulped and walked on in, cringing.

It was around dinner time and I was about to head out to go find something to eat when I heard Nebra next door. "Can't believe he put the little girl by me!" she said. "Calm down sister. This just means we can torment her even more" Solid said. "True. We could make her life a living hell" Nebra said. I sighed and walked out my room. Walking down the halls to get away from the idiots the kingdom calls royals. I stopped when I passed Nozels office. He was standing in front of his mirror looking at himself. "Hmm. Its off" he whispered. I shook my head and walked over. I took his braid and fixed it. While he just stood there looking at me. "There" I said backing away. "That's a different braid then my usual" he said. He ran his fingers over it. "Not to bad" he said looking in the mirror again. I walked away and continued to walk out. "He must have a lot of free time to be spending hours doing that" I said with a yawn. "Food then rest" I told myself. "Velie?" April asked. "Yes?" I asked. "I'm getting a bad feeling" she said. "Hmm? Describe it" I said. "Its a feeling like something's going to happen. Something bad. Something that you'll have to face. It feels terrible. I'm scared" she said. "I know what it is" June said. "What is it then?" April asked looking him in the eyes. "The man who cursed her is here in the Kingdom. I sense him but I can't pin point it" June said. "The man who cursed me? Do you mean a god!?" I asked freaked out. "Yes. Seems like he came to observe you. After all, him and your father made a Deal" June explained. "Velie needs to be full power so she can fight Licht! Besides she can't fight a god!" April said hugging me tightly. "Shes a demi god is she not?" June asked. "She's only half god! Not enough for a full one!" April replied. "Just calm down. I dont think he's much of a threat yet" June said. I teleported to the town. "Lets just relax and find a nice cafe to eat at" I said walking. "Okay" june said. "Just be on guard okay" April said scared. I took a breath and entered a nearby Cafe. I sat down and me and April both were now sharing that feeling.