Chapter 13

"A monster is what The Eyes Of The Midnight Sun are" I said. "But my fathers Satan Julius" she said. She was crying so much. I wipped her tears. I hated seeing her cry. She meant so much to me. I never wanted her to find out but its for the best she did. Cause it gives her choices. She looked at me. "What was the angels blessing?" She asked. "Not sure. But it was something that'll help you find out how to control yourself after a certain point. At least that's what was said from your mother" I explained. "So you mentioned satans son. So I have a brother?" She asked. "Yes. A twin one. He wasnt blessed because he was born evil. You were born good. So your no monster. You have none in your" I replied. "Julius?" She questioned. "Yes?" I replied. "Thanks for believeing I'm not a monster. If you believe I'm not I'll trust you" she said hugging me. "Your right. I have Done good. Doesn't matter what I am. I might be the child of a monster but I'm no monster. I'm a good women. I'm human. Doesn't matter who my real parents are" she said with confidence. "Your right. Your human" I replied smiling to her. "So if I'm magic itselfs daughter? Then how can we get my mana back?" She asked. "I don't know. I never thought you'd lose the ability to recover your mana" I replied. "Maybe I can go back myself and get it?" She asked. "No" I said quickly. "But Julius. What if it's the only way?" She asked. "No Velie. Right now your fragile like glass. If they manage to break you" I said.

"Julius. I need to stop depending on my mana" she said getting up from the bed. Her legs and body shaking. She was to weak from the curse. "Velie. I know you want to but you can't yet. Heal up and rest first. After that I'll let you go" I said. She nodded. "Fine. I have the perfect idea on how to help me get stronger" she said. "What is it?" I asked. "Easy. Asta doesn't have magic. He trained hard and got strong. He can help me become stronger" she said. "That's a smart idea V" I replied to the idea. "Thanks JC" she said smiling.

(Edit: For Those who dont know what JC means. It stands for Julius Caesar. She calls him that cause he reminds her of Julius Ceaser, a fierce warrior and leader also named Julius. A pretty Iconic thing that is referenced a lot in literature. Even Shakespeare references it in Hamlet Scene 1 Act 1.)

That smile belonged on her face. That smile and hopeful look. She belonged being happy. I didn't ever want to hear her calling herself a monster. She was the kingdoms weapons. The kingdoms best hope. Once we find out what else she can do. She'll be able to defeat anyone without any problem. Yet I worried a lot about whether shed get hurt or think all she's good for is hurting others. She meant a lot to me even if she shouldn't. I could tell she was gonna mean a lot to many people. Her best friends have always cared for her. I can see it in Williams eyes that he already cares a lot. I saw many people stand by her side. Many of them willing to fight for her. Fight with her.

I gave Velie one last hug. "Now rest" I said. "Yes sir" she replied. I walked towards the door. Velie Uniqa. A women with so many different aspects to her. I opened the door and looked back one last time. I didn't care if she never could love me. She would always be my daughter. I raised her and trained her. I looked out for her. And I love her with my heart. As if she was really my flesh and blood. I just hope she loved me like as if I was a parent. As if I was someone she could always trust. "Dont worry Velie. ill protect you" I whispered. I closed the door behind me as i left. I walked towards my office. I got there and there stood Yuno and Asta. "Is she okay!?" Asta asked. "She's alive. She's just magicless" I replied. "So Velies got no Mana?" Yuno asked. "Yes so she has reuqested for Asta to train her" I said. Asta blinked. "Wait me?" He asked. "Yes. She said if she gets her body stronger her chances of recovery go up" I Explained. "So Velies going to go move in with the black bulls now?" Yuno asked. "Seems so. Its only until we can recover some of her magic" I replied. "Sir I can protect her" Yuno said. I shook my head. "To risky Yuno. She made her decision. I will respect it as her guardian" I said. "Guardian?" Yuno asked. "I am the one who raised her and she holds a place in my heart. As for that I will make sure she feels like she can trust me" I said. "That's true. You did raise her but you also have a say on what's best for her" Yuno said. "and I do. And my say is that she's right in this case. She needs protection yet a place that can make her tough. The Black Bulls are more then capable of doing this task" I replied. I looked out the window. "You may go visit her now. Shes awake and probly misses you both" I said. "Thank you for taking care of her" Yuno said. "Yeah! You must have done a lot for her!" Asta said. I looked down. "Not enough" I whispered.

Velie was always the hard worker. I gave her what she needed and in turn she had to live under rules. Rules that seemed like taking away her freedom. Like locking her away. But now she's on her own. So I wonder what she'll discover that we didnt know before. The boys left as I looked at the sky. "Velie. I think you are gonna get much stonger from here. You were strong before but I know there's more in you. More power that is locked deep inside" I said. I closed my eyes. "I just hope you don't get consumed by your strength. I hope you remember who you once were. See how far you have come"