Chirstmas Special

Ah christmas time. The time for giving and spending time with family. The time for travel and joy. Of course there was one person who loved this Holiday more than the rest...

*years and years ago*

I was sitting there as the little girl ran ariund the tree. She was laughing and giggling as she hung up decorations she had made herself. They were white and blues. They were each hand crafted and unique. She ran to me and jumped onto me. She wrapped her arms around me. She let out her small little laugh. "Julius! You should help me decorate!" She said hugging me. I shook my head and stood up holding her in my arms. "What would you like me to do?" I asked her curiously. She pointed to the top of the tree. "Put the star I made up there" she demanded. It was so nice to see her happy. She rarely showed this much happiness.

She loved the Holidays though. She loved celebrating Christmas for an odd reason. "Okay okay I will. How about we bake cookies later. We can also go pick out a present for Marx" I mentioned. She nodded with a big smile. "I already got Marx a present! I made it myself!" She said clapping. I sighed. "Always a step ahead" I mentioned. She giggled. "I have to be. Its Christmas!" She cheered. I set her down on the ground and grab the woven star. She had made the star out of gold stands of thick string. I was wondering where my curtain I just got went. "Velie, I love the decorations but dont tear up things without permission" I told her as I hung her star onto the tree. She looked away with a frown. "Sorry Julius" she said.

I looked at her frown and felt a little tug at my heart. "Your not in trouble this time. Its Christmas Evening and you were doing something good. I can't be mad at you for being so creative" I said patting her head. She smiled her bright smile again. "Let's go!" She said grabbing my hand and dragging me to the kitchen.

We baked Cookies and eventually were sitting near the christmas tree. Velie grabbed her presents from her room and slid them under the tree. "Was there anything you really really wanted?" I asked her. She smiled at me and shook her head. "I only want one thing" she said. She held out a bag. "I want to go to the orphanage church at Hage and give these presents to all of them. I know I can't leave but Julius can you? Can you give these gifts to them? I know I am not with them but I still want to give them something for Christmas" she said. I stood there debating for a few minutes. I then knelt down and held out my hand. "Velie. We can drop them off tonight while they are sleeping. I'll take you but no leaving my side" he said. She smiled as tears ran from her green eyes. She hugged me tightly and I smiled at her. I stood up and she gave me one more hug as she was crying from joy. I shook.my head and pat her head gently.

That night we dropped the presents off and every year after we did. We dropped off presents for them.

That what leads to the current time. I stood here with everyone. "Do you think she's going to be okay with us decorating without her?" William asked concerned. I sighed and looked at the decorations. Every piece here I had kept ever since mine and her fist christmas. "No worries. Shes gonna love this" I said. Right after I said that the doors opened. Velie was looking at a note as she had a bag on her side. "Hope Father doesn't mind me decor-" she froze after looking up. She looked at everyone who was here. She looked at all the decorations. Her eyes watered up as she began to cry. She covered her mouth from shock. "You guys" she said. She walked to the tree. She put a hand against one of the oldest ordiments. "I made all these" she said. She smiled as she cried. "I love you guys" she said hugging everyone as she ran to hug everyone. She hugged me and held onto me. She cried and in that moment I saw that little girl she once was. Crying over the fact that she was able to send gifts to her friends. Now she was crying because all her friends were here and were gifting her with their smiles. She never was one to ask for anything for herself. This year was hers. I felt tears come to my eyes in that moment though. See how much time passed. Seeing her happy each year has grown. She hugged her back crying as well. Tears flowers from my eyes as hers did too. "Merry Christmas my little Velie" I said as I gently kissed her forehead as if she was still a little kid. "Merry Christmas father Julius" she said as she wiped away her tears. I wiped mine away as everyone joined in on our embracing hug.

We sat around as I passed out the presents. Everyone was opening their gifts as I watched. They were all so happy.

This was one of my favorite Christmases I have ever had. Not only did it remind me of the many wonderful Christmases of the past but it reminded me of how much it mean to be with the people I admire and love. I tookone last look around the room full of memories. "Merry Christmas" I whispered.

Hey I know its not the longest special I've done. Acctaully the shortest but I wanted to wish Everyone a Merry Christmas!

Sincerely,
The author