Chapter 39

I looked down at the mask on my desk. "Where is Velie? She hasn't been back in a few weeks. She went missing and no one has been able to find her. No one was able to locate where she had gone. It was as if she vanished into nothing. I heard a knock on the door to my office. I put my mask on. Adjusting it quickly. I then walked to the door. I opened the door to see Yuno. "Captain" Yuno said. "Yuno. Did you find any traces of her?" I asked. "No but Finral did find this by her brothers grave" Yuno said holding up a piece of torn cloth. "Hmm. Looks like the shirt Velie had on" I mentioned. After a little more studying it look like it must have been caught by a branch and ripped. A women busted into the room. "Captain William I need to tell you something" she said. She was a beautiful women but not as beautiful as Velie was. No other women had such a beautiful heart that went well with her looks. When I first met Velie. She wore that mask that covered her face. That mask that hid who she was. The first time she took that exam I wasn't sure if I could trust her in my squad. Now that I look at it, I can't believe shes even in my squad. I hope one day Julius agrees to make her my right hand person. I hope he just let's me have her be the vice captain. She's already got the leading spirit of a good captain. Shed be a better captain than any that has lived before. I heard how she was on the day she discovered Velvet. She's the one who ordered everyone around and lead two Sqauds flawlessly. Even if she risked her life.

I don't know why looking at this white hair women made me think so much of Velie. Maybe it was the fact that I just missed Velie so much. "Yuno. You can hear what I have to say. You are her best friend" The women said. "Arion. You know something?" Yuno asked. "Yes... Her biological father took her. I know I promised Julius I wouldn't tell anyone who I am. But with her life in danger. I can't risk her life for my secret" she said. She closed her eyes. Her hair turned Gold as her eyes were silver. She was glowing and radiating mana. "I am Airon the goddess of magic. And Velies mother" she said. She looked down. "I just know he took her. Shes the only one that can control demons and use demonic powers" she explained. She looked back up. "I fear he's going to find out her trigger. The thing that can set her off. We witttnessed it with Velvet. When she was mad at me. Her brothers death was only enough to set off a small amount of her. Now imagine someone she loves with all her heart. She could possibly destroy everything without being able to control it" Arion continued. She walked to me. "You have something that can help me get to her and bring her back. Yuno might want to leave for that though" she said. Yuno nodded. "Just bring Velie back safe" Yuno said. I could see how much he cared for her as well. "We will" I said reassuringly.

(From this point forward. There is a major spoiler. If you haven't already pieced it together or haven't read the mangas. I suggest skipping the rest of this chapter And going to the next. This point on I will be using a point made in the manga that hasn't been made in the anime yet. Read if you want. You won't miss anything if you skip)

Arion took me to a secret place. "I need The elf" she said. "I can't bring him out. Wha-" "he loves her too you know. If his new Goddess is in trouble hell be willing to listen and help get her back. So just do it William. You want to save her don't you?" She asked. "Of course I want to save her. Velie is... shes the only person who made me feel wanted" I replied. "Good. Now sleep William"

*POV change to Licht. As if that was his real name that poser*

I looked around. I took off the mask on my face. Why would William suddenly let me out? I turned and saw the goddess of magic. The original. I bowed to her. "What brings you here?" I asked. "I need help getting Velie back" she said crossing her arms. I looked at her. "What happened to Velie? William has refused to tell me" I said. "She was taken by her father. I need you to help me get to the underworld. Your an elf which means you have a lot of power. With that means a better chance of success if we run into trouble" Arion said. I looked at my hands. "He better have not hurt my dear Goddess" I said quietly. "Geezs I can't tell who's more head over heels for my own daughter anymore. Seems like all the boys love her" She said sighing. "Change your clothes. Don't want her knowing about you. Shes prob'ly already suspicious" Arion said walking forward. I changed quickly and followed after her. "I'm glad I have an elf with Light magic. That means the chance to defeat all the demons with ease" She said.

We made it to the underworld. The dark place was pretty cold. "Mother" a male said. "Ciel. You met me half way?" Arion asked. "Yes. I knew you were coming. I want to help save Lady Velie" the guy named Ciel said. A few demons surronding us. I pulled out my grimore. Striking them all down in one hit. "Who is this?" Ciel asked. "An elf with light magic. I knew he'd come in handy against dark creatures" Arion explained as we walked on.

We got to Velies room and opened the door. Velie saw me and Arion. "You two?" She asked. "Mother came to save you from father" Ciel said. Velies eyes widening. "Doesn't matter right now. Let's get her out of here" I said. "Yes true. Let's go" Arion said running quickly. "We need to go before Hydieteaus figures out we are here" She continued. Everyone on board. Of course Velie was in to much shock so Ciel was carrying her.