Chapter 42

I stood at the bottom of that strange mana infested place. I was dragged here to train. But I didn't understand what was so hard. I mean it was a little hot there. When everyone started to go up the mountain I just sat there trying to figure out what was the trick to this place. I flew up and started to fly up it but soon it was getting way to hot. I stopped and looked around. "April. Frost armor" I said. April covering me in frost. It was cooling me down but the armor itself was starting to melt from the heat. I started to use lightning and wind to boost me forward a lot. The armor melted and I fell to the ground from the heat. I was almost there. I touched the ground with my hand. I made the ground covered with symbols. Pulling a demon cloak out. I put it on and my body instantly cooled off. I sighed in relief and flew up again. This time moving with ease. People I passed looking shocked. Prob'ly couldn't reconize me because the cloak covered me completely. I landed at the top and it disappeared. "Hmm not bad me" I complimented myself. "Hi Velie" Yuno said. I smiled. "Yuno! Your so cool! You beat me up here!" I said hugging him. He hugged back. "Astas here" Yuno mentioned. "Wow! He's so cool too!" I cheered.

After a while I was sitting in the hot springs relaxing. I stayed away from the wall separating the boys and girls. I also stayed away from the girls. I had no interest in any of it. In anything really. I Closed my eyes and soon found myself drifting off.

I stood in horror. What sat in front of me was the kingdom burning. Was everyone I ever loved or knew lying dead in front of me. Their blood splattered everywhere. There in the middle stood Licht. He was covered in blood. His followers around him. "Velie" he said. "Why?" I asked with tears. "Why must you kill everyone. I knew I made a mistake when I said I wouldn't fight you. I regret it so much now" I cried. "Velie. I'm sorry it had to be this way" he said. I saw my father and that monster of a god in the distance. My father holding Ciels head. The other holding Carters. My mother just standing behind them. Everything I loved and had was gone from me. In an instant I felt nothing. I felt the world crumble. I screamed out... But no one heard me. No one came to save me.

I jolted awake. Everyone was getting out of the hot spring. It felt so real yet dream like. That Dream was warning me. I know it was. I got up covering myself. Drying myself off and getting dressed. "Velie you were zoned out for a long time" Noelle mentioned. "I fell asleep" I whispered. Noelle looked at me. "You seem scared" Noelle pointed out. "It was a dream of the future. At least it feels that way. The last time I had one was when I was a kid and I was taken from Yuno and Asta. It feels just like that" I explained. "What was it about?" Noelle asked. "Everyone dead" I said. I felt the anger in me. I didn't want that to happen. I'd use all of my power to stop it. To save the people I loved. I'd risk my life to save them if I had too.

We returned and the first thing I did was go to Julius. "Let me participate in the exams. I want to shoot to be the captain" I demanded. Julius looked shocked. "Velie I can't just let you. Your to powerful. No one would stand a chance" Julius said. "If they can't even get past me theirs no way that anyone there will be able to fight against the terrorist!" I said. "Velie calm down!" Julius said raising his voice like I had. I looked down. Julius put a hand on my shoulder. "No Grimore. No April and June. If you use whatever you have without those. You can participate in the exam. This is the only way it'll be fair" Julius said. I looked him in the eye. "I'll do it. I'll do whatever it takes" I said. I turned and walked out the door. I went to my Squad. "Velie are you going to participate in the exam?" Yuno asked. "Yes. And if we by chance become enemeys. Don't go easy on me. Don't hesitate" I said. Yuno looked shocked. "Velie I can't just do that" he said. "If I was an enemy! You'll do it! You want to be Wizard king right!? Well then you don't have time to hesitate even if you by chance love the person!" I said. Yuno slapped me and I looked shocked. "Velie snap out of it. Ever since the hot springs youve been on edge. Youve been someone completely different than I know" Yuno said. I looked at him. "Your right. I just... I had a terrible dream where everyone I ever knew and loved were dead. I just feel scared that'll it'll actually happen. If I lose everything. I don't know what I'll do with myself" I said with tears. Yuno put a hand on my face and made me look him in the eyes. "You don't need to fear that. I doubt any of us are gonna die when we've got you behind us. Also I'm sorry for slapping" Yuno said. I smiled. "Your right and its fine. I had that coming" I said. I hugged him. "One day your gonna be the Wizard Queen" Yuno whispered softly. I blushed and smiled. "No your gonna be the king" I said. "Not if your married to the king" Yuno said. I blsuhed more. "Married? No way will I marry anyone anytime soon" I said. "If you say so" Yuno said walking. I smiled and walked with him. Holding his arm. 'Yuno. Ill help you win. I'll help you become Wizard king. But I wont help you when it comes to going against Asta. But to everyone else competeing. Ill make sure you beat them. Because your my best friend...'