I thought you were dead!//7

Yes. This chapter will be an angst one-shot as this will be set after Infinity War where everyone is coming back and Tony just wants to see Peter.

Idk what this is.

When people who were thought to be dead started to reappear, Tony couldn't help but think of Peter even when Pepper was killed by the snap as well. He felt bad...but he felt more emotions with Strange than he did with Pepper. He didn't know how to explain it, but to him, Strange was somehow more important to him?

Tony also knew that all these people will return where they had dusted away. But the blue robot lady who's name he didn't care to remember, had taken a spaceship to retrieve the hero's over on Titan, while Tony was left to help people find loved ones. Fun. Except for the fact he didn't care.

He was currently at the Compound in his lab where many pictures of people and info and newspaper clips were pulled up on the projection screen.

He heard the opening of the automated door and straightened his posture and stared at the projections, and occasionally moving them to make it look like he was working.

"Hey, Stark." Called the oh so familiar voice of Captain Steve Rodgers. He was hand in hand with his ehem-friend-cough, who Tony had hated to the bone. Well, not as much anymore, but Tony still wouldn't accept Bucky as a person.

"Yes? Would do you want?" He gruffly replied, his eyes narrowing at the Captain.

"Ehm. I'd like to say...sorry. For nearly killing you...and breaking up the Avengers...and-"

"I know Rodgers. You're sorry. Whatever. Now I have to help people. Go do whatever with Mr. Barnes." Steve looked off to the side and stiffly nodded.

"Right, uh, stay safe Tony." Steve stiffly turned around with Bucky in tow and walked off. Tony let out the breath he didn't realize he was holding.

Tony's eyes traveled down to his hands where he had scratched at the entire time he was trying to help people. It made him feel better even if it was tearing at his skin.

Tony then looked over at at the piles of coffee on his desk that sat there, empty, and used. He didn't feel like getting up and putting them in the washer.

Tony heavily sighed, slumping, in his chair feeling more exhausted then ever. He missed Peter. He missed his smiles and laughs that seemed to brighten his day. The way his corny jokes seemed to choke a laugh out of Tony. Or even when Peter stayed up too late and passed out in the labs. He really missed his unofficial son.

Tony looked at the pictures of him and Peter. One where Peter took him to Pride Parade and there was glitter all over them. That same day, Peter came out as Pansexual. That same day, Tony come out as Bisexual.

It was a good day.

Other pictures were framed with pictures of Tony and Peter at an ice cream shop and Peter had accidentally gotten vanilla ice cream in his nose. Others had Tony and Peter trying on silly masks that they found in a 99 cent store Peter wanted to take Tony to.

He really missed Peter.

No...

He really, really, missed him.

Tony somberly looked out at the big window that looked out into the bright baby blue sky. There, he saw a little black dot that kept coming closer and closer before he could see a ship...a spaceship...the one Neguda? Nessie? Oh whoever...had set off in. Was returning...PETER!

Tony scrambled out of his chair in his dirty white shirt and baggy black joggers and unshaven mustache. His mind was racing and tears threatening to spill.

Peter, Strange, Peter, Strange, Peter, Strange...those were his only thoughts.

Pouring and pushing through the door, Tony fled out onto the compound yard where the black and grey spaceship was landing. The bottom latch slowly unhinging down, smoke billowed out.

First Drax came out along with Mantis. Peter Quill was holding a green lady with black and pink hair. Then the blue lady. An anxious minute passed before Strange came out holding Peter's hand.

Peter was pale and shivering despite being rolled up in the Cloak of Levitation. He eyes were bloodshot and eyes dull. Strange held the boy, giving him more warmth.

Tony's heart broke into a million pieces.

"Peter..." Tony whispered holding his hand to his mouth in shock.

"Oh Peter..." the billionaire rushes forward, sprinting, enveloping the frail boy in a fell swoop. Tears came down like a waterfall.

Peter was sobbing and so was Tony. Tony shook with sobs whispering "You're back. You're here. Oh my god." like it was a mantra.

Tony cupped Peter's face with his hands and held the boy desperately. Tony's legs failed and he fell down along with Peter who could hold himself up either.

"Peter...oh my gosh....oh my gosh..."

"M-Mr Stark! Mr. Stark-I'm-so-sorry-I-"

"Underoos just listen to me, you're okay, I'm okay, we're all okay."

"I-d-died!" Peter whispered with his big brown doe eyes watering.

"But you're back now and that's all that matters!" Tony said encouragingly. Peter hugged Tony and sobbed into his chest.

Tony closed his eyes and breathed in the moment.

"M-Mr Stark..I'm tired..." Peter mumbled into his chest. Tony nodded.

"Go to sleep, you're home." He felt Peter take a deep breath and relax. Tony, himself, was tired. Long nights of no sleeping catching up to him.

"You're home. God you're home." Tony whispered. He smiled and never let go of Peter.

Finished.

A/N: Uh, I myself was crying while writing it. Uhm, ignore the mistakes I may have made. This is was on the whim.