Its okay...I got you/22

"Hey, Pete, I want you to meet Jacob. He's a new intern!" Tony smiles brightly at Peter who was tinkering with some gadgets for the Iron Man suit.

The boy, Jacob, stood next to Tony with an overconfident smile. He had blonde hair and hazel eyes and was quite tall. He wasn't particularly muscular or skinny, like he stood in the middle ground between the two. Jacob had a quiff at the top of his head. He wore light, ripped jeans and a unbuttoned red button down with a gray shirt underneath. He looked to be about 19.

"Hi Jacob. I'm Peter." Peter smiled gently, extending his hand to shake it. Jacob rolled is eyes.

"Yeah. Whatever." Jacob didn't shake Peter hand, instead he kept his arms crossed. If Tony cared that Jacob was being an ass, he didn't show it. Instead Tony smiled. Strange.

"I'm going to show Jacob around, alright Pete?" Peter nodded and turned back to his project. "See you later Underoos."

"See ya." Peter waves his hand dismissively and carried on tinkering. Peter hoped Jacob wouldn't get really close to Mr Stark since Peter doesn't want to have to put up with that kid.

~~~~~

"Hey, Mr Stark. I need a ride home from school Uh, call me back if you can. Uh, bye." Peter frowned as he put his phone away into his pocket. Usually Tony isn't this late. It's been a half hour since school ended. Peter noticed the black car that pulled up to the school. Happy Hogan to the rescue.

Happy rolled down the window. "Sorry Peter. Boss told me to pick you up." Peter shrugged and opened the car and hopped in, closing the door behind him.

Silence before Happy decided to break it.

"Jacob and Boss were in the labs and lost track of time. They're uh, messing around with the suit." Peter really wishes he could ignore the ache in his heart.

"Cool, cool." Peter nodded.

Happy decided maybe the car ride could be done without talking.

~~~~~~

"Well, he was supposed to be here a hour ago, Ned I don't think he's coming. It doesn't matter anyway. I can do it without him." Peter huffed to Ned. Ned wasn't confident that Tony not being here wasn't affecting Peter.

"Are you sure Peter? I mean, you told him a million times over about this." Ned tried.

"No, no, it's fine. He's a billionaire. He's got better things to do than to come to some stupid high school decathlon meet. It's okay." Peter reasoned out. Ned frowned.

"I don't want to alarm you or anything, but you know how you told me about Jacob? What if Tony's with Jacob or somethin'?

Peter opened his mouth but no words came out. Peter took a deep breath. "If he is, then good for Jacob." Peter nodded at that like that was it. That was the end of the conversation.

"Are you su-"

"I'm sure."

"Alright..but-"

"I am sure, now let's go win." Peter pressed. Ned gave up and nodded confidently.

"Alrighty."

~~~~~

"This is Jacob, my...new intern here at Stark Industries. He will be helping you guys, he has a very bright mind, with new ideas." Tony smiled proudly, holding Jacob's shoulder.

The scientists looked uneasy, but smiled anyway.

"I'd say even brighter than Peter's." Tony looked at Jacob with fond eyes. Jacob smiled gently, like he was all innocent. As if.