Its good to be back//17

Continuation of "I am not Peter. I am Winter"....

Peter flickered his eyes between Tony and Stephen as he sat at the kitchen counter with a stack of pancakes waiting to be consumed. Peter stared at the married couple with no emotions.

Peter looked at the pancakes and then back up.

"I am not hungry, sir."

Tony sent a questioning look at the boy. Peter was a growing boy and Tony thought maybe he'd have an appetite.

"No? I mean, pancakes are really go-"

"I do not have an appetite, sir."

"Peter, you have to eat something..." Stephen said softly giving a gentle smile. Tony nodded his head, taking a sip from his coffee.

"I do not stomach things well. I ate three days ago so I shall be good, sir." Peter still had that cold and dead stare. No emotions even once flickered in his eyes. Tony exhaled.

Tony couldn't believe this was the same person who had been crying for his Dada. It's like his mind put a reset button and everything was wiped—emotions and all.

"Well, you're not leaving the table until you eat three bits of it, alright?"

"Yes sir."

Tony tried to conceal his shock. This kid just said "Yes sir"? As long as it has been since Peter was kidnapped, Tony thought Peter would take the gene of not sticking to rules and manners. Weird.

Peter took his fork and knife and stared at the pancakes.

"Pete, you gotta, uh, cut up the pancake. Then take the fork, stab it and put it in your mouth." Tony said to the ex-HYDRA soldier.

"Yes sir."

The "Yes sir"s were going to drive Tony insane

Peter cut up a pancake then placed it in his mouth. Stephen and Tony waited for what kind of reaction Peter would give them.

Peter's eyes sparkled and grabbed another piece. And another. And another. And another...and...another...

Stephen and Tony stared at the boy a little miffed at the fact that he had devoured a whole stack of pancakes....and that his eyes sparkled after looking so dead...

Peter wiped his mouth with a napkin.

"That was very good sirs, thank you."

Tony exploded. "Don't call me sir anymore, okay? Dad is okay!"

Peter blinked. "Yes si-Dad."

Tony sighed in relief. Though it was still heavy on his heart that Peter didn't say Dad straight away but Tony can't blame him.

"What should I do next, Dad?" Peter was like a soldier waiting to be used. And until he got orders, he did nothing.

"Well...when we, ahem, help you, we're going to enroll you in Midtown Tech High, okay? It's a high school and well..." Tony gave a pointed look to Stephen.

"If you can pass the test then you can be in high school and if you don't you're gonna go to a different school for people who were in a similar situation as you." Stephen explained. Peter nodded.

"I will do my best, Dad." It seemed like Peter was replacing Dad with "sir" so he would be saying Dad at the end of every sentence.

Tony sipped his coffee and leaned his head on Stephen's shoulder, peacefully.

Peter had a confused look on his face.

"Is something the matter Peter?" Stephen said gently.

"If I may inquire, what are you doing to Mr. Stephen, Dad?"

"I am enjoying his presence," Tony breathed in Stephen's smell feeling peaceful.

"What does that mean. Enjoying, Dad?"

"To take delight in or pleasure." Replied Tony. "You don't have to say Dad at the end of every sentence, Pete. It'll get old don't you think?"

"I suppose so."

Silence rang over the trio, nobody uncomfortable.

"What is love." Peter pondered to no one exactly.

(All of you commenting "Baby Don't Hurt Me" where is that even from???)

"Love is the feeling of affection toward a person or people, depending of what you're into. Love is sometimes toward someone of the opposite gender or a person of the same gender or even someone of no gender. Love can be loving someone of two genders, three or maybe all of them! Love can be sexual, romantic, or even platonic and some people don't ever feel sexual or romantic love. But that's okay." Tony rambled on looking into Stephen's eyes. He smiled fondly and gently caressed his cheek.

Peter was silent for a moment.

"I love....I love you guys." Peter's voice cracked at the end. Peter was still confused on love but what he felt was definitely platonic. Like...like loving parents or guardians.

Tony walked around the kitchen island and hugged Peter. Peter stiffened at the touch but slowly relaxed into it.

"Thank you Pete."

"Your welcome..Dad."

Finished

A/N: Short I know. I will probably be continuing this timeline to maybe where Peter and Ned and the crew meet for the first time ever. Idk but I hoped you enjoyed my definition of love, if you want to add onto it I'll edit it. :)