Perfect//26

Sorry, needed to vent xxx

TW: Body dysmorphia. If y'all get triggered, leave. Pls. 

Perfection. Something Peter wasn't. Something people claim is not real, but everybody knows is in silence. No words needed, that's how things were. Nobody questioned it.

Peter was far from perfect. He was far from his image of perfect. He had pimples and oily hair and flab on his belly. His thighs were thick and he had massive bags under his eyes. He was really far from his image of perfect. Peter would never be satisfied with his body image. Never.

At night, Peter laid in bed, pondering, why wasn't he born like the other people? Like the people who were naturally beautiful and okay with themselves. The people who had it all. The people who followed the trends and were well liked. Why wasn't he like that? Was it something he said? Was it how he looked? Is it his personality? Peter hates it.

Peter hates them.

Although, seemingly, a nice boy with a good heart, he kept his hatred bottled up inside. If it was like that, if everybody saw him as a nice person, everybody would like him. Maybe he'd be accepted—finally.

But every time he took a shower, he just felt so wrong. Whenever he looked down and saw that his belly blocked his view of anything down there, he'd get so angry with himself. Why aren't you thinner? Why are you so fat? Why are you so ugly? He wanted to rip out of his skin.

Peter hates himself. Nobody knows, nobody would care. That's what Peter thought.

~~~

Peter sat in bed, curled up into a ball, looking out the window. He didn't want to see anyone. Or talk to anyone. He wanted to be by himself. Luckily, Tony was letting just that happen.

It was raining, a reflection of Peter's insides, and Peter couldn't help but feel... anxious. Peter couldn't exactly pinpoint why, but his stomach was in a knot, and his breaths were sometimes caught in his throat. He tried to take deep breaths, but the sinking feeling never went away.

Peter assumed something was wrong with him. Another flaw to add to the long list.

Some would say he's being over dramatic and should just love himself for who he is. Peter doesn't believe in those stupid uplifting messages people try to send out. The people who wrote them don't know him. If they truly knew him, they wouldn't even think about saying the same stuff.

The rain pattered at the window, sending cold shivers down Peter's spine. The window was cold, but Peter was used to it by now.

Coldness.

Something Peter felt a lot. To go right along with emptiness. Cold and empty. Used. Useless.

Peter clenched his fist, anger surging throughout himself. Why is he like this? Why does he feel this way? Is he being over dramatic? Does everybody feel this way? No.. no the perfect people don't feel this way. They're perfect. Perfect and happy.

"Peter? Are you in your room?" Peter heard Tony's voice holler behind the door. Strangely, Peter felt wetness on his cheeks, and droplets in his lap. Was he crying?

Peter, reluctant to answer, answered anyway, knowing Tony could just ask FRIDAY.

"Yeah." Peter cringed at the sound of his own voice. It was scratchy and blegh.

"Can... can I come in?" Tony tentatively asked. Peter was confused since Tony was never this polite when entering Peter's room.

Peter wiped his tears and hoped it was not obvious that he had been crying. He doesn't want to show weakness around the billionaire.

"Y-Yeah."

Tony took the confirmation and gently opened the door. There Tony Stark stood in all of his glory, with a concerned expression etched on his face.

Peter looked away towards the window hoping Tony doesn't ask to speak to his face. Tony sat on the edge of Peter's bed, twiddling this thumbs.

"I wanted to know... if everything was okay with you..." Tony looked up from his lap and glanced at Peter. Peter was having an inner battle on whether or not to lie or tell the truth.

After moments of complete silence between the two, Tony sighed.

"I'm worried, you know? You've been really quiet lately and you look down. Have you been sleeping well?" Peter continued to look out the window, but swallowed thickly. He didn't know his mood showed.

"I-" Peter cleared his throat. "I'm fine."

"Peter you know you can talk to me..." Said the billionaire. Peter looked down before deciding maybe it was time he talked about it. He turned around and stared at Tony with a blank expression. His brown eyes were stormy and his fists were clenched, before he relaxed them.

"Well... I-I've been feeling sad lately... and anxious...and everything I do is wrong. Everything I say is wrong. Nobody... nobody cares..." Peter felt the waterworks turn. It's like his body was working against him. He pushed his palm against his eyes trying to stop the fluids streaming down.

Tony's shifted over and hugged Peter. Peter, against his better judgement, started to sob. He cried into Tony's shoulder.

"I'm not perfect like other people. I'm fat! I'm ugly! I don't fit in!" Tony patted Peter's head, nodding.

"It's okay Pete."

"No it's not!"

Tony pulled Peter away from himself and wiped Peter's tears with his thumb.

"It's okay to not be quote unquote "perfect". It's okay to have flab or big thighs. It's okay if you can always take care of your face. It's okay if you get pimples, it's part of growing. It's okay to be yourself." Tony pursed his lips, remembering he felt like that too when he was a teenager.

Peter sniffled, his face red and slightly swollen.

"I-I hate myself okay? I just hate it! I hate my emotions! I hate that I'm fake! I hate me!" Peter cried out. Tony's eyes were downcast.

Peter banged in Tony's chest as hard as he could, which was hard since he was emotionally and physically exhausted. Tony gathered Peter into another hug.

"Let it out... shhh.... just let it out... I'm here." Tony whispered soothingly, rubbing the teen's back.

"It'd be so much easier if I just went mute!" Peter sobbed. Tony shook his head

"I love hearing your voice Peter. Everybody loves the sound of your voice. Even if you don't realize it, there's always someone who admires you." Said the billionaire. Peter's sobs went down to occasionally sniffles, and he relaxed into Tony's embrace.

"Thank you Mr. Stark..."

"You have gotta stop calling me that!" Tony childishly huffed. Peter giggled. "I like Dad better wouldn't you say?"

Peter looked up. "Yeah. I could get used to it, Dad."

Although with the comforting words, Peter still cried but he didn't need to as often. Although with support, Peter was still sad but he was growing to be more happy. Although Tony knew, Peter still hated himself to a lesser amount. Although Peter doesn't know, he's beautiful just the way he is.

A/N: It's okay to let pent up emotions flow out. That's what makes us human. It's okay to human. Don't keep it all bottled up inside of yourself because eventually it's gonna come out and it's gonna be an explosion and those always feel horrible. So, often, you might wanna cry or take a breather or talk with a friend or family. If you aren't good with talking to friends or family, I'm always open to talk. Although I say all of this, I'm a hypocrite when it comes to this stuff. This chapter was my way of letting out my pent up emotions. Relax and do whatever makes you comfortable.

Love all of you so much, enjoy the new year.