You Are My Sunshine//45

You are my sunshine...

Tony's eyes crinkled with happiness and laughter as Peter once again jumped onto the ceiling again. Peter was obviously surprised that he did that and grinned.

"Did you see that Mr. Stark?" Peter asked as excitedly as a puppy. Tony nodded his head as chuckled escaped his lips.

"Yeah-" Tony was cut off by another bout of laughter. Peter started to laugh to but then his foot slipped and he fell off the ceiling.

"Ope!" Peter yelled as he fell into the back of the couch. Tony stopped laughing and sprinted to Peter to make sure he was okay.

"Peter you good?" Peter rolled over with his tongue sticking out like he was dead.

"Blah," Peter said with his eyes closed.

Tony couldn't help but laugh again.

You make me happy...

"Mr Stark look! I made a spiderweb ball!" Peter entered the lab holding a ball of spiderweb fluid. Tony took his metal mask off and looked over at Peter and mused at the ball.

"Impressive, kid. When'd you do that?" Tony asked as he shut off the blow torch.

"In class," Peter responded. He was skipping with the ball in his hand when he tripped over a cord and fell like a sack of rice.

Crash!

Tony smacked his face again when Peter hopped back up holding the ball again with a grin. His face had a red mark from where he probably hit the floor.

"You dork." But Tony was smiling anyway.

When skies are grey...

Tony didn't know if he'd ever felt this much pain ever in his life. It hurt like actual hell. He knew that something was broken and that it mostly definitely was his leg.

Then he heard the familiar sound of web-slinging.

"Mr Stark?" Peter asked as he navigated the ruins of a building. "Are you here?"

"Right here Pete," Tony yelled as loudly as he could but wow that really hurt

Tony could hear the pat pat pat of Peter's feet as it drew near and let out a breath of relief.

Peter's eyes widened as he came upon Tony. He started to sprint and he slid into ground right next to Tony.

"Mr. Stark? OhmygoshareyouokaywhathurtsdoesthishurtMrStarkareyouokay-" Tony's eyes slid shut but he was smiling . 

You'll never know dear how much I love you...

 Tony stood at the open door of Peter Parker's room as he slumbered. The gentle rise of fall of his form was comforting to the man who had just had a vivid nightmare of the boy dying--just slipping out of his reach as he fell.

The light streamed in casting Tony's shadow of Peter's bed, but the lamp next to Peter's bed was still on. Of course it doesn't matter to Tony since he's a billionaire and electricity isn't a problem at all but he knows that Peter wouldn't want to leave a light on. So Tony walked over and switched the light off but sat on the side of Peter's bed.

Tony sat there for a moment just thinking of the all the great moments they've shared together and how Tony would kill anyone to save this boy. 

Peter shifted in his sleep so Tony walked away from his bed and resumed his spot at the door frame. 

"Goodnight Peter," Tony smiled. He closed the door as he left feeling better than when he came stumbling to the teenager's door in a cold sweat.

Please don't take-

Tony screamed Peter's name at the top of his lungs, desperate and worried. Thanos had thrown Peter somewhere like a limp rag doll but Tony had been too caught up in the fight to notice that Peter didn't return. but now that the fight was over, he was searching.

"Peter!" Tony yelled as he flew up to a big rock. 

"Tony?" came a small voice at the bottom. Tony's breath caught as he recognized it as Peter's.

"Peter?" Tony repeated to make sure he was hallucinating or imagining it.

"Tony.." Tony heard. He flew down and saw a sight he'd never thought he was see.

There laid Peter, injured and bleeding, and barely even conscious.

"Peter..." Tony's voice broke off as he body pitched over in a hurried sprint. 

-my sunshine away...

Tony cradled the broken boy in his arms as he held his head close to his chest. 

"It's going to be okay, you're gonna be okay," Tony promised to the crying teen. Peter's eyes were glossy with tears and let a shuddering breath.

"I'm not going to make it Mr. Stark," Pete's lips curled into sorrowful smile.

"Don't say that, please, don't say that, you have to live," Tony rambled as he started to held Peter close to him, close to his reactor.

"Thank you Mr. Stark."

End.

A/N: :)