Hey Dad, dont forget me//33

[TW: Description of blood (not self-harm), touching on the matter of suicide without although there are no attempts at the act, and depression ]

The desolate area of New York was searched by heroes and civilians alike, all looking for their loved ones. People mourned for the deaths of their family, friends, pets, and homes when realizing there was nothing left and all there was was shabby rundown and collapsed buildings that held the value of a pinch of sand. People felt hopeless and afraid realizing they were practically homeless and that they would never see the faces of loves ones.

Some people couldn't mourn, as they didn't have anything in the first place. Not particularly hopeless or content, just swimming in the middle.

Death hits people in different ways of varying degrees of hurt. Some none, some... well... they can't live any longer.

Anthony Stark was on that level of " Cant live any longer" following the death of Peter Parker, that he caused.

~~~

Flashback

~~~

Just as Anthony Stark was going to shoot Peter Parker with his repulser guns, he had a second of clarity—realizing what he had done and doing. Being trapped in his own mind, he could hear the begging of his son, begging that he come back to him and that he stop.

But Tony was helpless, being chained in his mind, a slave. Tony wanted to stop his body, but he had no control and was forced to watch as Peter battled him. Tony could see the pain in Peter's eyes which caused the billionaire to sob and harshly tug at his chains that scratched against his wrists.

"Peter, I hear you, I hear you." Tony sobbed, thick tears spilling over his cheeks onto his lap. Heaving through labored breaths, Tony stared down not wanting to witness what he was doing to his son.

"I love you Dad." Peter's eyes were resigned as if accepting his fate. Though while holding acceptance, Peter's eyes held sorrow but one that said "I love you."

The image of Peter's blooding painting the bricks would be forever etched into Tony's mind. The quick breath before stopping completely and his body collapsing back. The way blood drained from his face and an empty shell was left. The crimson liquid that splattered the scene and his suit.

Blood.

Blood.

Blood.

Blood.

That second of clarity felt like it stretched on forever. Tony was in control of his body and there was no way to take back what just happened.

Tony couldn't describe the pain that ran through his veins and the ugly scream that tore through his dry throat. The pain that left him on his knees with his face in his hands. The pain that caused him to only see the color red. Everything else was black and white. Red. Red. Red. Red.

The billionaire's mind shattered like glass, in pieces and never could be repaired. His very soul felt like it was darkening and screaming in agony as Tony thought of the young boy.

Why, why, why? Why didn't he realize sooner? Why couldn't he be stronger? Why couldn't he have saved Peter?

Why?

Screams echoed throughout the streets, forever haunting New York with the cries of a man who lost his world.

~~~

End of flashback

~~~

Tony was never the same after causing the young hero's death, ultimately ending endless possibilities for the boy. Numb was a feeling that became all too familiar to Anthony Stark.