Lose it//40

Ennnndgame spoilers I'm sorry all you guys who have not seen it I just need to get all of these pent of emotions out.

Again.

Endgame.

Spoilers.

~~~

"I am Iron Man," Tony Stark has spoken all those years ago which started everything. Everything. Including Peter's fascination with heroes.

Peter's tiny face was illuminated by the tv as he watched wide eyed at the press conference in which Tony revealed he was the one and only Iron Man.

"I wanna be just like him!" Peter squealed as he pointed excitedly at the tv when May entered the living room, blanket in hand.

"Of course, now time for bed Iron Boy," May spike gently as she wrapped Peter in his blankets and lead him to his room.

"I'm gonna be just like Ironman and save everyone," Peter said, determined. May smiled gently and pulled the covers over him.

"Heroes need sleep, otherwise they can't do their job," May reminded as Peter nodded and squeezed his eyes shut. May kissed his forehead before leaving the room, gently closing the door behind her.

"Just like him. Just like him. Just like him," Peter chanted in his head.

Just like Ironman.

~~~

"Ned, Ned, Ned, Ned, I gotta tell you something I gotta tell you something," Peter smiled energetically as he tapped his friend's shoulder. Ned looked back.

"Yeah?"

"Okay so you know how I gotta fairly high on that science test and I was put in the news all about that and well for short of words or lack of words really I'm still very excited for it but you know Tony Stark of course you know Tony Stark it's Tony Stark well he saw it and it really excited to say and well speechless but he came over and talked to May Tony Stark came over and talked to May about an internship and honestly this is the best thing ever to happen in my entire life except for of course meeting you I love you so much man did I mention Tony Stark wants me as a personal intern did I mention that I don't know but you know yeah," Peter rambled on not really taking any breaths in between words. Ned blinked.

"What?"

"Tony Stark."

"Yeah."

"Came over to my house-"

"Yeah!"

"And talked to May about an internship with him!"

"YEAH!"

"And now I'm working for Iron Man."

"HOLY SHIT."

They both squealed, wide and starry eyed, and jumping up and down.

"Ned this is my chance!" Peter breathed, his lip curving into a hopeful smile. "Think of all the possibilities and oh my god, I'm working with Tony Stark. What if I meet Dr. Banner?? Oh my god I don't think I could talk to him without dying, wow."

Ned nodded rapidly. "Dude that's so fuckin' amazing."

"Yeah!" Peter grinned.

"Yeah!" Ned pumped his fist in the air.

"Yeah!" They both squealed in unison.

"This is my dream come true," says Peter.

~~~