Flowers//44

I really need to do more AUs :(

Peter slipped into the flower shop quietly trying to make as little sound as he could. He'd rather order them online but Pepper told him he should go to the shop in person since it makes it more personal and meaningful. Peter had thought for a second then nodded.

The bell on the door rang and the cashier looked up from his book. Peter waved awkwardly, his shoulders pulling up close to his head. The cashier smiled and greeted Peter.

"Hello, welcome to Leed's Flower Shop," spoke the cashier. Peter smiles in return as he pulls up to the cashier.

"Uhm hi, I'm buying flowers for a..." Peter hesitates "friend and he's uh in the hospital at the moment so is there any flower for that?" The cashier's smile wavers with pity.

"Ah, my condolences. You're looking for some yellow flowers. Yellow flowers mean friends and-" the cashier steps out from the counter through a gate and leads Peter down an aisle of flowers," hospitals. Is there anything else about your friend that might help more on point selection?"

Peter thinks for a moment before answering. "He's very protective of the people in his life."

"Would you say that he holds people close to his heart?" Peter let's put a small laugh and nods.

"Like love."

"Yeah, like love."

"Alright then a red flower would go great with this." The guy walks to the red flower aisle and picks out a few and holds them in his right hand.

"Any ideas for filler flowers?"  The cashier asks. Peter hesitates before shaking his head no.

"I'll be right back in a a few," days the man as he walks off towards the back. Peter gives a small "Okay" before nervously looking at the flowers.

Peter bent down to smell a nice pink flower before his nose started to itch with a sneeze. Peter steps back and sneezes into his arm. Okay, maybe I'm just having allergies. Peter frowns.

Minutes later the cashier comes out holding a beautiful bouquet full of red to orange to even light green color. It was wrapped in a gorgeous light orange/red color film with clear roses dancing across the film in pattern.

"Wow, that's awesome," Peter breathed. The cashier smiled and laughed.

"Thank you!" The cashier moved behind the counter and gave Peter the bouquet carefully. Peter pulled out his wallet and pulled out 100$ cash.

"Is that enough?" Peter asked a little nervous. Pepper had handed him a wad of hundred dollar bills.

The cashier blinked and looked up at Peter before taking the bill into the sunlight to check if it was real and it was.

"It's enough but I gotta tell you, it's weird for people to carry hundred dollar bills on them." The cashier chuckled. Peter scratched the back of his head and stiffened his back.

"Yeah, I guess it is."

The guy ringed the casher with the hundred dollar bill and typed into the machine. The receipt printed and the guy took it and wrote something on it. He handed Peter the receipt and threw away the extra paper that came out.

"Have a nice day and do send my condolences for your friend," the cashier smiled. Peter nodded.

"Thank you, have nice day."

Peter walked out the door, the door bell ringing behind him. He turned the receipt over to where the guy wrote and saw a name and a number.

"NED" and his number was written to which Peter promptly chuckled to himself.

Peter walked down the street and to the hospital where he checked into the hospital and went straight to the room.

"Hey Pepper," Peter greeted as he hugged Pepper tightly. Pepper hugged him back and greeted him back. Peter pulled back and held out the bouquet to Pepper to which Pepper awed and clapped happily.

"I love it Peter and I'm sure he does too," Pepper took the bouquet and grabbed a vase with water in it.

Peter sat in a chair next to him and smiled as he took a hand in his own.

"Hey Mr Stark."

Fin.

I really do need to do more AUs!

Comment your favorite AU!