When the party's over...//13

I just have a lot of feelings.

Erm. Some swearing. Would not recommend reading in front of parents or in school.

"Peter you should totally join the talent show!" Ned exclaimed to his friend.

"Ned. I don't have have talents. I don't have any notable talents anyway." Peter Parker-Stark replied. Ned rolled his eyes.

"You could show off your Spide-"

"No."

"What about your stren-"

"No."

"Well what abou-"

"No."

"You didn't even let me finish!" Ned whined. Peter chuckled.

"I just knew what you were going to say was stupid." Ned pouted childishly.

Peter smiled and gave a little hmph. "Love ya too."

Ned stuck out his tongue.

Silence came over the two friends as they walked to school. Peter gulped nervously.

"Well. Maybe I could...join the talent show."

Ned shouted in excitement. "YES!" Peter rolled his eyes and gave a little chuckle. Ned started to ramble on and on about what Peter could possibly do. Peter didn't catch any of it.

Peter was kinda regretting his choices.

Oh well.

Can't go back now.

・:*+.\(( °ω° ))/.:+

The curtains opened to see Flash with a basketball in his hands and a hoop set up.

"Hey motherf-ers my name is Flash and I can do basketball." Several people in audience gasped.

And no it wasn't because he can do basketball.

Flash started a timer and jumped up and shot a basket. It missed entirely. Flash faltered but got a ferocious look in his eyes. He grabbed another ball from a huge basket of basketballs and shot again. It missed. He shot again. Another miss. Again? Another miss.

Everybody clapped and the curtains started to close.

"WAIT IM NOT DONE!"

The curtains closed anyway.

The director shooed the screaming Flash off the stage and the crew moved the basketball hoop, basket and the balls off into the back.

The director held a board and marked off Flash.

"Peter Parker?" Peter walked to the director and nodded. The crew set up a mic on the front of the stage. Peter coughed into his fist feeling the anxiety bubble up inside him.

Peter walked on stage, wearing his normal attire—a collared button up shirt, sweater, jeans, and running shoes. The curtains opened to a full audience with expecting eyes.

Peter caught his gaze on a group of people... a particular group of people. A particular group of superheroes. A particular group of superheroes called the Avengers.

He couldn't do this. He frantically looked back at Ned who was back stage. Ned gave him a thumbs up. Peter gulped.

"Um. Hi. I'm Peter. And I will uh being singing When The Party's Over by erm Billie Eilish." Everyone was quiet.

Pete looked back at the director with a nod. The music started to play.

"Don't you know I'm no good for you." Everyone in the audience was startled by the angelic singing.