Pretend you dont miss me//31

WEE WOO WEE WOO WEE WOOO ANGST ALERT BECAUSE I AM THE EMBODIMENT OF ANGST AND SELF LOATHING WEE WOO WEE WOO WEE WOOO. HERE COMES THE ANGSTY TRAIN! TOOT TOOT! ALLLLLL ABOARD!

TW: There are implications on the matter of suicide. (No graphic scenes just a reference to the subject)

It's been a month since Peter decided a relationship with his... his erm, ex boyfriend wasn't what he wanted. Considering it was a a thinning relationship that was failing, Peter had it and cut it off before he hurt himself further all for what? A chance to be loved? A chance to hear someone reassure him that his insecurities mean nothing because he's perfect? A chance to feel giddy every time his hand was held and his cheeks were kissed.

But what did it cost?

Everything.

Peter felt like suffocating every time he didn't get text from him, or the normal FaceTime call. Did he not love him anymore? Did he do something wrong? Was it something he said? Did he finally realize Peter was meaningless and he shouldn't waste time on Peter?

Weeks passed and there were no calls, there were no "Good morning love" texts or "goodnight darling" texts. Just Peter lying face up and staring blankly at the ceiling, wondering if he was okay.

School time came around and Peter began to see him more often. But it felt like there was pent up tension between the two. Like a brick wall separating them with none of them trying to cross it and get to the other side.

The relationship ended over text a week after getting back to school.

He said it was because he couldn't afford to trust anyone, despite telling Peter everything.

Despite telling Peter that he trusted him with his life.

Despite telling Peter that he was the love of his life.

Despite telling Peter that he was his one and only.

Despite promising Peter that he wouldn't be like the last guy. Promising that he wouldn't hurt him. Promising him that he would never let go.

Promising him that he would stay with him until the end of the line.

"Some people are meant for each other, and some are not. At first we thought we were made for each other and now we're kinda contemplating that." Peter read the text over and over again. Over and over again until the words blurred.

"All of the pain of self blame needs to end. I'm sorry, but it's over."

That sent Peter spiraling downhill again. Tears were leaking out of his eyes even before he had finally said the words that Peter hated with every fiber in his being.

It's over, it's over, it's over, it's over.

Peter typed his response and chucked his phone across the room.

It's over, it's over, it's over, it's over.

"Don't bother texting anymore because well. I'll be busy." That was a blatant lie Peter had written. No, he hadn't had anything to do.