Tired//42

Peter breathed heavily as he ripped his mask off of his face stared at the sky. He stood upon a ruined building and everything around him was practically on fire. His face was scraped his leg hurt but he still stood.

He could feel his heart pounding against his chest as legs became more and more weary. I should step away from the ledge, Peter had warily thought as he struggled to keep his eyes open as he blinked.

Peter was really exhausted. His body felt like sacks of rocks and his suit seemed to weigh down on him. But he knew that he could pass out now, he had to make sure people were okay.

Was the day saved?

Peter felt everything go weightless and he couldn't feel anything in his body.

And he was falling over the edge.

Peter wasn't fully conscious but he heard screams. He tried to will his body to shoot a web so that he could help whoever was screaming but he was in no control.

Is everything okay? Is everyone safe? Peter thought to himself.

The wind struck into his body like knives and his breath was getting caught.

Is the end? Peter couldn't find himself caring if it was. Well, maybe he does care. As long as everyone is safe, he'd rest easy.

And just like that, everything stopped. Suddenly Peter was in somebody's arms.

Gold glinted in the sunlight and Peter could hear blasters. Tony, Peter felt like coughing, so he did.

Everything was loud and harsh against Peter's skull and everything was oh so apparent to him as he felt armor slightly digging into his skin.

Half-lidded eyes and a heavy voice, Peter spoke, "Tony-"

"Good job, you can rest now Pete," Tony smiled, but Peter wasn't sure if he was, but he could hear it in the billionaire's voice.

"Is everyone safe?" There was a faint ringing in Peter's ear-kinda like a warning that if he didn't just pass out now he'd feel a lot of pain.

"Everything is okay."

Sweat rolled off of Peter's skin as the sun beat harshly down. He was bleeding on his cheek and his leg was most definitely hurt in some way. His body aches and was sore all over. But in the comforts of the father whom would never admit to it, Peter was safe and protected.

Peter hadn't exactly heard those words in awhile, well, ever since his second father died. Ben has whispered that to Peter as his body sagged in Peter's embrace. He was also told that when he had cried furiously after being told his parents died in a crash.

The phrase had never meant safety moreover "stop crying" but Peter didn't find himself crying.

So why was he told that?

The phrase with good intentions but always ended up bad such as abandonment issues. Maybe someone had died—surely. Peter had failed and killed somebody that has to be the case.

"Everybody is okay."

Even when everything was dark to Peter, Tony's voice peaked through the darkness and gave him hope. Just like Uncle Ben.

But he's gone and maybe so will be Tony.

Peter can't let Tony be his father because every damn father he's had has died.

Peter is dangerous to everyone.

Peter is dangerous to Tony?

Something in his mind tells him that Tony can take care of himself but Peter thought Uncle Ben was invincible. That much is very false.

Peter's eyes open just a slit and he can shakily see Tony's red and gold helmet.

"Thank you," Peter murmured.

Peter swears he'll protect Tony.

With everything in his body.

End.

A/N: Endgame spoiler ban is lifted, if y'all haven't seen it I'm sorry, but 🤷‍♀️

Short but sweet chapter? Idk?

Also this isn't the chapter I was talking about in the tag chapter. :)

Also I miss my gf. :( she went to camp and I can't text her. :(((