In the end, Peter dies//38

Wow, how anticlimactic right? I just spoiled everything in the title, so what's the point of reading it if you know the ending?

Because there's worse to come than Peter dying.

~~

Love y'all

~~

Peter knew he was going to die as soon as the cancer settled in and killed him where he was standing. Though Peter guesses it could happen in his sleep too... much more peaceful than dying standing up. If he died in his sleep, it'd just be like sleeping in for a long time, right? The catch is he won't ever. He's dead. If he stood up, Peter thinks he would fall over and he'd die with a stubbed toe or something. Peter would chose dying in his sleep than dying with a stubbed toe.

Peter is quick to assume that if he doesn't have something for people to remember him by, he'll just disappear in the moon. When he dies, his soul will just climb out of his body and up to the moon. Much more peaceful than forever haunting the living.

Most things would be more peaceful if there weren't the small choice of going peaceful.

Peter writes and writes and writes. Books are immortal. A text that will be printed again and again for people to read, for people to appreciate. For people to know his name. For him to climb farther than the moon and to the stars. For people to know his name as Peter Parker. For people to know him. His story. His soul and being.

Peter writes day in and day out. A series of letters for when he dies. Well, letters that are coded in a book. Peter will just give them all to Tony when he feels the cancer pulling down on him. Then he'll lay down and close his eyes for a long awaited nap. Peter prays he will get the chance to finish them all.

Peter writes about the stars and the moon. It can be quickly translated to the letters to everyone if you count the number of chapters and divide them by the number of pages. Then take that number and put it to his will(that he's also writing) and that will lead people to his safe that has all of the chapters assigned to one person. Then use his favorite coding system. Then bam, you have letters written to the living while he passes.

Death is the only thing on Peter's mind, mostly when he'll fall prey to Death's grasp. And if he'll finish in time. He really hopes he finishes in time.

Tony doesn't know. Tony doesn't know anything about Peter's disease. All that Peter is wary to do dangerous mission which was strange since the boy was so reckless that he threw himself in the face of danger. Now he's more hesitant. Tony figures he's just growing up.

Tony walked into Peter's room, light peering into the darkly lit room with the small lamp light illuminating the face of a tired Peter Parker. He was at his desk and hand flying away at writing, as if the eyebags under his eyes weren't even there.

"Peter," Tony spoke softly, afraid of scaring the teen. Peter didn't even look up and rather just gave a nod of recognition. His hand scribbled furiously, his face concentrated.

"Peter it's time for bed," said Tony as he quietly entered the room and carefully closed the door behind him. "Please Peter? You haven't slept in days."

"You're one to talk," Peter murmured as his gaze flickered to Tony, but his concentration centered back to his papers.

Tony sighed deeply, wanting to know why Peter was recently so stressed and incredibly absent.

"Peter please, you need sleep. At least I'm trying to sleep."

Peter wiped his brow, and he bit his lip thinking about the next line. Coding an entire book is awfully hard. Especially since Death is just looming over his shoulder. Peter knows he's running out of time.

"You write like you're running out of time," Tony commented lowly. Peter froze and dropped his pen, his entire head turning over to face Tony.

"Don't say that now, I'm close to finishing." Peter exhaled, his eyes narrowing. The bag under eyes were purple and blue and wrinkled as his eyes narrowed.

Peter picked his pen back up and turned back to his work.

"You act as if tomorrow isn't coming. You know if that's the case you shouldn't spend your time writing," Said the billionaire. He didn't know what he was saying but somehow it felt right to say that. Peter really does act like if he doesn't write everything now, he'll-he'll die! Tony was worried about his son. Why was he acting like this?

"Even if I were to die tonight, I wouldn't be able to finish all loose ends," Peter muttered with a roll of his eyes. "Even if I were to die tonight, the best way I'd even get close is writing."

Now Tony was worried he was going to do something.

"You're scaring me Peter. Why? Why do you act like you're going to die soon? Why?" Tony's voice wavered as his emotions toiled.

The room was silent save for the scribbling of Peter's writing. You could hear Tony and Peter's breathing, Tony breathing heavily.

"Because I don't know if tomorrow will come. Anything could happen and I need to finish." Peter insisted quietly. Tony blinked, his breath caught in his throat.

"I'm always here for you Peter, whatever you think is going to kill you isn't. I'm here. I can save you."

"I'm aware that I've been writing a lot lately but that's because I can't afford to stop in the middle of a chapter. It means a lot that every chapter I start is finished," Peter glanced at his chicken scratch notes before writing another line.

"Will I ever read this?" Said the billionaire in a rusty voice.

"Soon enough soon enough. When I'm done you can. When everything is over," Peter murmured. Tony blinked.

"'When everything is over'?" Tony breathed. What is Peter planning? Is he...? No... Peter wouldn't... it's not like him... well he hasn't been Peter for awhile...

"I suppose that was a weird wording but exactly that. After this is over, you can read it. In fact it's practically for you."

"You aren't you Peter. Why are you acting like this? Like you'll... you'll die? Like history has its eyes on you?"

"Alexander Hamilton had a certain drive to make history with his writing, a complex person. He and I are not too different now that tomorrow is questionable as days number down," Peter stood up and folded his papers in place. "Thank you for keeping my time busy, but I have a book to publish."

"At 3 am?" Tony asked hesitantly.

"The world can not wait as time counts down."

Walking past Tony, Peter exited the room with a stack of papers in hand.

"Thank you Tony. For everything." Peter whispered on the way out. Tony furrowed his brows.

~~~

Peter returned from the agency and wrote a note next to his beside. Tucking himself in, Peter pulled his covers up to his chest. His eyes were blurry as tears sprung up.

Tony was right. Peter should've spent his time with his loved ones. A mistake that will cost emotional damage to them. Peter supposes the moon will be willing to take him in as people close to him yell his name in vain. Or maybe the stars will take him in. Farther away from the distraught living. Peter would run away even when he was dead.

Peter let the tears slip out as he closed his eyes. He took a deep breath before opening his eyes and seeing the shadow of parents tugging on him. Peter smiles lightly as he flew up his hands interlaced with his parents. To the stars Peter thinks as Stark Tower goes out of view and he floats through the galaxies and stars.

Wasn't particularly a harsh death. As peaceful as he wanted. He saw the man in the moon and waved. And to the stars he went.

Peter Parker didn't wake up the next day and nor the day after that.

Fin.

A/N: Ahaaaa. I love Hamilton. Enjoy my shitty art on the second slide lmao. Rip.