AYEEEEEE

Hi everyone! It's pride month!! So I will just give everyone a warning and such about pride month so y'all are safe!!

If it isn't safe for y'all to come out your family, don't. There's no pressure to come out, especially to an uncaring family.

If there's a chance you can be beat up or harassed at school for wearing pride stuff, please don't. It's pride month I understand, but safety!!!

If your family talks about the community in a harmful way hang tight! Don't let their words get to you!!

If your family is full of homo/transphobes, please wait till you are financially stable and able to live without help from them. Being 18 doesn't come with free financial stability. In fact it can get a lot worse without help from family.

If any of your friends are homo/transphobes do let them go. You don't have to be friends with toxic people!

And finally, to all of the straight peeps out there, just a little message about pride month:

Some people can be very annoying about pride n stuff and honestly, let them be. Pride is about celebrating the community and all of the hardships we've faced and the challenges we've conquered so some people may be extra about it. Also if you know any of your friends are homo/transphobes let. Them. Go. Be true allies and don't let homo/transphobes have a platform to speak. And don't worry about the whole "if you support gay rights you're gay" thing. A common comeback is "I support animal rights am I an alpaca?" So please continue to support the community and just be overall nice and respectful people which also goes out to the community!!

Overall, be kind and respectful to everyone of sexual orientation and gender orientation!

Also remember that the community is not better than straight & cis people, we are all the same and all deserve the same rights, the only difference is in oppression.

Be safe everyone!

Don't forget to just be you!

Don't let anyone make you fit inside a box that you think is uncomfortable!

I love you all!

Stay safe!

Stay supportive!

Good luck!!!