Miraculous Ladybug: 2

"Again, thanks to Ladybug and Chat Noir, the villain has been beaten, and we've all been saved."

"Who was that?" Ladybug asked, as she stood behind Nadja. She was a bit out of breath from the fight earlier, but she manages anyway. She had just about three minutes before she de-transformed, so she thought perhaps she could get some information on the villain before she left to go take a break.

"I was hoping you knew," Chat Noir replied. "I think he's new or something."

"He?"

"Yeah. I saw his face and so did you."

"I don't know," Ladybug shrugged. "He looked like a girl but acted like a boy." She remembered the boy's long black hair, that had reached up to his shoulders. Shrugging her shoulders though, she looked back at Chat Noir as Chat Noir opened his mouth to say something.

"I wonder how Hawk Moth got to him," Chat Noir started walking away from the crowd and Nadja, as Ladybug followed him. "Anyway," he changed the subject. "You were late. What was it this time?"

"No reason," Ladybug shrugged again. It was just lying all over again. She was already used to this. Perhaps, she should go home and write down a list of excuses she could use whenever people asked questions. "Anyway, bye. I got to go." Ladybug flew away, finding yet another secret place to transform back.

"No, come back," Chat Noir looked up, but his lady was already gone. Maybe this time, I should actually try to ask her?

"Spots off."

Marinette blew a sigh of relief at the yet another mission she and Chat Noir had completed. She then got out of her spot, seeing Alya and Nino running towards her. She gulped, trying to think of an excuse right away before they reached her, but her brain was totally dead and she had come up with nothing.

"Marinette, where were you?!" Alya exclaimed. "I wish you were there when you saw it happen. I saw Ladybug up close. It was a dream come true."

"But you've seen Ladybug up close plenty of times before," Marinette rolled her eyes, but she hid a smile, glad that Alya had instantly changed the subject about where she had been.

"So?! Anyway, me and Nino got frozen by the villain, then Ladybug and Chat Noir came to our rescue."

Nino chuckled and then rolled his eyes. Let her tell the whole story. Then he turned serious. "But seriously, I told you we shouldn't have gone closer. What if Ladybug and Chat Noir never saved us?!"

Marinette suddenly shuddered. What's he talking about?! Of course I would save them!

"Oh come on, that would never happen. Ladybug and Cat Noir will always save us, but of course we shouldn't always get in trouble." Then Alya turned and glared at Marinette with folded arms. "You said you would come back. You promised!"

Marinette sighed, looking down at the ground as she thought of what to say. "I- I would have, but when I wanted to get to you guys, I wasn't allowed to. You two were frozen up, and I was stopped before I got to you guys, because they thought I would end up in the same situation as you." Wow, that's actually not such a bad excuse!

Alya listened to her, then nodded. She seemed to have forgiven her. "That makes sense. So then you saw how Ladybug and Chat Noir came to our rescue?"

Marinette nodded.

"Great. Now let's go hang out. Hopefully there won't be any more troubles today."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Marinette looked around to see who had come to hang out with them. There she saw most of her friends, but her eyes darkened when she saw Chloe. Of course she came along!

"What is she doing here?" Marinette turned to Alya for answers. "And Sabrina?" It's most likely because of Adrien though, right?

"Uh. . . Chloe found out Adrien was coming, and wanted to come along as well," Alya explained. "Don't worry, you're not the only one that don't want her around." Marinette sighed, hating that she was right about Chloe being here just for Adrien.

"And did you see how Ladybug stopped that villain?!" Chloe was saying. "But whatevs. I bet I could be a better superhero than her. I mean, I respect her and all, but if I had my own miraculous, I bet I would be much better than her."

Marinette rolled her eyes, then smirked. "Oh really?! Like how you decided to become a copycat?" She hadn't meant to say that out loud. She was never the kind of girl to speak badly of others, even though they annoyed her to the core, but the words just slipped out.

Chloe turned to her with her glare. "Oh Marinette, you're here as well. Well, in my opinion it would be better if you weren't here at all, but whatevs, I'm just going to be nice."

Then she turned to Adrien. "Did you see that, Adri-kins, I was nice to her."

Marinette rolled her eyes again. There was definitely going to be a problem with that girl here.