Miraculous Ladybug: 48

Hmm, I wonder where he is. I gotta tell him how I saved a spot for Marinette at the assembly. Or how I helped her fix her shoes. This has got to show Adrien how I truly am so nice.

"Oof," Chloe bumped into someone. Ugh! I hate it when this happens. She was about to say "watch it!" to whoever had bumped into her, but then she caught herself, realizing it was Adrien himself.

"Hi Adrien," Chloe waved dreamily. She could already feel how great it would be when Adrien starts having feelings for her.

"Hey Chloe, sorry about that," Adrien got up from the floor.

"No, no, it was my fault. I should have watched where I was going," Chloe quickly said, waving her arms around. That was nice enough. He'd have to notice how good I am now!

"Okay, whatever you say," Adrien shrugged. "Anyway, have you seen Marinette?"

"M-Marinette?!" Chloe tried hard not to get angry. Ugh! I work my butt off being nice to her, and he still pays attention to Marinette?! Adrien, what do I have to do to catch your attention. I'll do anything!

"Have you seen her? I have to talk to her. It's important," Adrien said urgently.

"Well, I saw her back at class," Chloe pointed. "I'll walk you to where she is if you want."

"Sure, thanks, but when we get to her, I'd have to talk to her privately," Adrien added, and started heading back to class. Chloe gritted her teeth and followed him.

"Hey, Marinette!" Adrien waved at the girl who was helping the teacher move some school stuff. Alya was there as well, as she pushed a box back at a shelf.

"Hey," Alya said excitedly. "Did you see how Ladybug and Chat Noir defeated Lucas? It. Was. Awesome!"

"Yeah," Adrien chuckled. "Um... If you don't mind, I'd like to borrow Marinette for a few minutes."

Marinette looked up and swiped away sweat from her face. "You want to talk to me?"

Adrien nodded. Marinette, we're seconds away from knowing who each other are.

"Uh, sure, just hold on." Marinette lifted a box and put it back on the bottom of a shelf.

Adrien wants to talk to me? Huh, what about?

Ahhh, I still can't get away the memory of how Chat Noir had broke Vex's scepter. For some reason, he's been on my mind lately. I wonder if he's doing okay.

"Okay, I'm all ready. Let's go, Adrien." Marinette smiled at him. She turned to Chloe who was beside him. The blonde gave her a glare, folded her arms and looked away.

It's no fair! Marinette didn't do anything and still Adrien likes her. Look at me, working my butt off just to get Adrian to notice me. I wonder how Mariette does it!

Ahhh, what if Adrien is about to confess to her? Maybe that's why he wants to talk to her privately. I can't let this happen! Adrien's eyes shall only be on me!

"Marinette," Chloe smiled and grabbed Marinette's sleeves. "I've been meaning to talk to you as well. Mine will be quick. Can you wait, Adri-kins?"

"Huh? No," Adrien turned to Chloe. What is this girl trying to do now?!

"Oh Adrien, there you are," Nino came by. "I was looking for you at your place. You know school's over. Why are you all still here?"

"Helping out," Alya answered.

"Well, Adrien, your father told me to tell you that you have to come home now," Nino sighed. "I'll never understand your father."

"No, not now! I have something to do!" This is all Chloe's fault, wasting my time. Why doesn't she want me to talk to Marinette?

"It looks like you have to go," Chloe looked at Adrien. "Sorry," she squeaked. I can feel his anger. Gosh, I was trying to stop him from confessing to Marinette, not make him angry more.

"Here, I'll walk with you home," Nino offered. "If you want."

"I'm sorry, Adrien. Was your conversation with Marinette going to be important?" Chloe asked. "I can walk you home and we can talk about it."

"Forget it!" Adrien yelled.

I see what's going on here! Chloe's trying to stop Adrien from Marinette because she doesn't want Adrien liking her.

"Nino, can Adrien have like five minutes?" Alya asked sweetly. "I can see that he has some important thing to say. Why not let him say it. Privately."

Ugh! What is this brat trying to do?! Chloe glared at her, but Alya just gave her a sweet smile, telling her I know what you're trying to do!

"Okay sure, five minutes," Nino held out five fingers. "I don't want Adrien to get in trouble is all."

"You're a good friend, Nino." Adrien smiled and turned to Marinette. "Well?"

"Sure." Marinette slapped Chloe's hand off her sleeves and followed Adrien. As she turned back, Alya gave her a thumbs up, while Chloe continued to glare at her.

"What was that all about, Alya?!" Chloe yelled, taking her attention off Marinette and unto Alya.

"What are you saying?"

"Don't make me sound stupid. I saw what you were trying to do. You did it on purpose!!" Chloe yelled. "You asked for five minutes on purpose!!"

"You tried to stop Adrien from talking to Marinette," Alya pointed out. "In this situation, you're the brat, not me!"

"Argh!" Chloe ran off. I don't get it! I've failed again!

- Edited -