Miraculous Ladybug: 39

Haha, it's really working! He's falling for me!

Adrien had invited her to sit with him at lunchtime. Of course she couldn't refuse. This was the chance to show Adrien what she was really made of.

"The six of us should sit at the back table," Adrien was telling her.

"The six of us?" What does he mean by that? Isn't it only me and him?

"Yeah, the six of us," Adrian explained. "Marinette, Alya, Nino, and Sabrina will be joining us."

What?! Are you serious, Adrien?

Chloe felt uncomfortable sitting with Adrien's friends, especially having to sit in between Marinette and Sabrina.

She could only talk to Marinette. It didn't look like Sabrina wanted to talk to her anyways. She also tried to start a conversation with Adrien, but someone always interrupted her.

Tsk, tsk, Chloe can really be smart. So she has decided to start being nice to me just so Adrien can like her more. I saw it through her eyes, and the way she's trying to talk to Adrien.

But I'm going to enjoy it, because at least she'll be nice to me.

Marinette kept smiling at the thought of Chloe being nicer to her, but she also thought about her idea of Adrien liking her more if she was nicer.

If she continues this though, will Adrien finally notice her? No! I have to make this harder for her!

Chloe looked over at Marinette, who hadn't spoken for a while. It seems like she's deep in thought, which brings me to my next step.

"Oops," Chloe let go of her drink. It splashed on Marinette, ruining the clothes she was wearing.

"Omg, Marinette, I am so sorry," Chloe had her hands against her mouth, trying hard to act like she was surprised and sorry. "I'll go get you a towel, and new clothes if I have to."

"No, it's fine," Marinette exclaimed. "As long as you're sorry, you don't need to get me anything."

"But this is my fault. I must!" Chloe stood up. "Look at that Marinette, you were wearing one of your favourite clothes. I feel so sorry cause it got stained by me. I promise, tomorrow I'll get you new fresh clothes."

"I said it's fine. Don't bring me anything," Marinette said again. "I'm fine. Now go get yourself a new drink, and make sure not to spill it in me or anyone else."

"Of course."

Since when is Chloe so nice to Marinette? Sabrina wondered. Why can't she be nice to me? Why only Marinette?

Chloe quickly left to get a new drink like Marinette said. Alya glared at her while she was at it.

"I saw that!" Alya exclaimed. "I saw Chloe spill the drink on propose. She was trying to be nice for God knows what reason!"

"I know, Alya, but it's fine, really. At least she's being nice," Marinette said, calming Alya down.

"Why suddenly being so nice?" Sabrina asked, folding her arms.

"I don't know," Marinette lied. "But it seems like she really means it when she apologized."

Sabrina grunted. She'd wanted to be the first person Chloe would apologize to, but now Chloe was apologizing to another girl.

Hmm... I don't think she means it. There has to be a reason Chloe is suddenly being nice, and I feel like I won't like it one bit," Adrien sighed.

Chloe came back. "So, what did I miss?" She sat down. "You all were talking, and I want to know what you were talking about."

"We were just talking about how nice you were when you apologized to me," Marinette answered.

"Really?" Chloe peeked at Adrien. Did he say anything?

"Alright, alright, sit and let's enjoy the rest of our lunchtime," Nino had clearly had enough of Chloe. He didn't want to hear her voice again, but of course the girl was blabbering about stuff he couldn't care less about.

We all know she's pretending being nice to Marinette, why does she even have to try? Nino looked away, down at his remained lunch, or away at a different table.

Everyone looks all down? What's going on? Chloe looked around the table. Sabrina turned to her, glared at her, and looked away. Marinette turned to her with a smile, but she could tell it was fake.

Adrien was looking at her and looking away, as if he couldn't stand it anymore. Alya was fuming, muttering something Chloe couldn't hear. And Nino didn't even want to look at her.

What's going on?!

- Edited -