Miraculous Ladybug: 22

"You did!"

Chloe's knee felt weak. The more she wanted to walk up to Sabrina and slap her, the more she felt embarrassed that her own friend had gone against her.

"Marinette, this is all your fault!" Chloe angrily pointed at Marinette. "You're making everyone go against me. You made Sabrina go against me. You're lying."

"I didn't do anything!" Marinette sat back down at her seat. She wanted nothing but for Chloe to shut up and get the idea that no one would believe her.

"I can't believe her. So she was the liar."

"Well if Sabrina gone against her, then it must be that she really did lie and tried to put Marinette on the blame."

"Shameless. I know Chloe acts like this, but I never knew she would take it this far."

Chloe looked at Adrian, afraid. "Adrien, don't believe them," she tried to laugh it off. "You obviously believe me, right? Why would I ask Marinette if you two were dating?"

Chloe gulped as Adrian sat down without saying anything. Right now and then, he didn't think about how Chloe had tried to lie and get away with it. He didn't think about the many amount of people were against Chloe.

He looked at Marinette, who was looking down at her paper. He looked at her and suddenly felt his heart beating fast, then he looked away.

The door opened and the teacher came inside.

"I'm sorry I'm late class. Traffic jam," the teacher explained. "Today I will be leaving early, because I have somewhere to go after my doctor's appointment. I'm not even supposed to be in school now, but since I forgot to tell you all yesterday, I came here to do so."

The teacher continued. "There is a paper outside the classroom, taped on the wall. You all will go and check your name, and beside your name will be a teacher's name. You must go to that teacher's class, as that will be where you will be staying for the rest of the day. Some of you might be lucky and get to be in the same class as your friends, some of you might be alone."

( I know the teacher could have just asked for a sub, but please for the sake of the story, let's just pretend that she forgot, okay?)

The teacher gave them a go sign, and they all went outside the classroom to check to see which class they would be staying in, and who were with them.

"No, Marinette, I'm not with you. This sucks," Alya shook her head in disappointment, but then she came closer to her and whispered... "But Adrien is with you."

"And same as Chloe," Marinette groaned. "I'm surprised Sabrina isn't with her. The two of them are always together in everything."

"Sabrina!"

Sabrina shakily turned her head to face the angry Chloe. She knew this would happen. She knew Chloe wasn't going to let her off easily, and she was prepared for it.

"I want to have a word with you!"

Sabrina wanted to say no, but she found herself following Chloe away from the other students, and to the bathroom. Now she suddenly wondered where her bravery had gone.

Marinette noticed the whole thing, and she didn't feel good about it. She turned to Alya. "Eh... I'll catch up with you later at lunchtime. Right now there's something I have to check out."

Alya nodded. "Don't get yourself in trouble."

Marinette waved and then headed for the girls bathroom.

"How dare you! How dare you do that to me?!" Marinette heard Chloe yell. "You had the whole class go against me! You had everyone be on Marinette's team, even Adrien. Can't you be a good friend for once, and help me out with this Adrien problem?"

"I-I'm sorry," Sabrina looked down. "I didn't mean it. It slipped out."

"Slipped out! Are you serious!" Chloe angrily yelled. "Sabrina, don't forget that I'm the one who accepted you as my friend when everyone else did not. Don't forget I'm the one who buys the pretty clothes you wear. Can't you thank me by at least being on my side."

"I said I was sorry!" Sabrina wanted to yell as well, but she contained herself, and remained calm.

"That's it, you're fired for a weak. No more pretty clothes for you for a weak. You can go back to the old rags you used to wear. You can go ahead and be a loner like you once were. Let's see if Marinette will help you just like you helped her!"

Marinette hid as she watched Chloe huff and exit the bathroom. Then she looked back at Sabrina who knelt down and started crying in her arms.

I feel so bad for her. So this is why she is always with Chloe, because Chloe is the one who provides for her needs. Hmm, maybe I can help her. She did help me.

Marinette stood up and went inside the bathroom. She looked down at Sabrina, who didn't seem to notice her.

"Hey, are you okay?"

Sabrina looked up, then she glared at her. "This is all your fault, Marinette!" And she ran out of the bathroom.

- Edited -