Miraculous Ladybug: 38

"It was right here?" Marinette looked around at the street. It didn't look like anything had happened here at all. It just looked like busy drivers driving around and busy people walking or riding around.

Plagg poked his head out of Marinette's purse, then nodded. "I don't know, but I'm pretty sure it was here."

Marinette nodded, but still wasn't so sure about this.

"Maybe I was wrong and it didn't happen at all," Plagg sighed. "Just let me off and I'll go home to see if he's there."

"Okay." Marinette let Plagg go after they had gotten hidden. They didn't want people to see them.

Plagg sighed again and started flying away. He reached Adrien's home and gasped to see Adrien sitting on the stairs.

"Adrien!" Plagg rushed to him.

Adrien looked up. "Plagg! I've been looking for you! Where were you?"

"I thought you had a car accident and I sent..." Plagg then stopped. I now know Marinette is Ladybug, but should I tell Adrien that?

Nah... We promised Master Fu we wouldn't tell if we found out.

"I sent someone I could trust to help me," Plagg explained. "I'm glad you're okay now. Now gimme some cheese. I've been looking for you all day, that now I'm starting to get hungry!"

Adrien rolled his eyes as he took Plagg inside.

-

"Adri-kins, are you okay?" Chloe rushed to Adrien as soon as he got inside class. "I called you all day but you didn't answer. I thought maybe you were hurt."

"I just didn't have my phone with me," Adrien answered as he sat down.

"Oh, okay." I've been thinking a lot. Now I know how to make Adrien like me even more, even though it will be hard.

Chloe went to her backpack and unzipped it. Then she took out a bag and went over to Marinette.

"Marinette, I heard you had a bakery shop, so you must love desserts." Chloe hesitantly gave Marinette the bag. "So here are some free doughnuts I made myself."

"Uh... Thanks?"

Chloe looked over to see if Adrien was watching. Adrien wasn't watching. Instead he was talking to Nino about what they were going to do after school.

Ugh! Adrien, look! I'm being nice to Marinette. Look and see what a good girl I am.

Marinette looked inside the bag. There were four doughnuts inside. She looked up at Chloe to see if she was joking.

Chloe cleared her throat, and spoke a little more louder.

"Uh... I'm giving these to you, Marinette, to apologize for what I did to you. I'm really sorry."

Not me, Marinette thought, it's Sabrina you should apologize to!

"Look, is Chloe really apologizing?"

"Seems like it."

"She's apologizing by giving free doughnuts?"

"Don't eat it, Marinette!" Someone yelled. "She might have poisoned them. She did say she made them herself."

It was then that Adrien turned his head to look at what was going on.

"I was just apologizing to Marinette, and you say I'm poisoning her?!" Chloe yelled. She was mad. She couldn't believe! Tried so hard, failed so many times, but was still able to make the four doughnuts, and now they were saying she was poisoning someone?

"But Chloe is never nice. What makes her change her mind now?" Another person asked.

The class started talking about it, each wondering about the reason Chloe would decide to give up and just apologize to Marinette.

"Hey, it's okay," Marinette stood up and spoke. "Chloe must really feel bad, don't put her on the spot."

"But... She was the one yelling out that she was apologizing to you, and this is a new thing for us, how could we not talk about it?" Nathaniel groaned.

"Uh... I understand that, but no need to make her feel even more bad," Marinette shrugged, really didn't know if this was a dream or not. Was she seriously standing up for Chloe?!

Marinette is really nice. I got to copy from her so Adrien can see how nice I can be too. He'll fall for me instead of this brat Marinette. Just wait, this isn't over yet!

Marinette turned to Chloe with a big smile. "Thank you, Chloe, for these. I'll try them, and I will also bring you some of my favorite dessert if I can as a thank you."

"You're welcome, and no need." Chloe looked over at Adrien at the corner of her eyes. He's looking at Marinette, why isn't he looking at me?! She furiously sat down.

"Marinette, that was amazing, how you stood up for Chloe like that. You really can be nice to everyone," Adrien spoke.

"Thanks, I try." Marinette sat back down. She heard another person say the doughnuts were poisonous, but she ignored it.

Adrian turned back to his work, along with talking to Nino.

I gave those doughnuts to Marinette, and he doesn't say a word to me?!

"Oh and Chloe?..."

Chloe quickly looked up and stared at Adrian.

"Thanks."

- Edited -